MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Yonky rocks DDQ is Awesome!!

Yonky rocks DDQ is Awesome!!

I have been bit by the check making bug!
    I cannot believe the accuracy and quality that can be had with Yonky's coil aluminum. I have been using his DDQ metal and the results are better than any other metal within certain calibers. I have found that the DDQ produces better results with long check base boolits. The metal draws out with some slight extrusion to produce checks that swag on bases better than anything I have tried thus far. I have just about tried everything imaginable. His half hard was my staple for use until he had me try the DDQ alloy. When you couple the correct thickness metal with the right hardness of material it is pure perfection! The cost to get his metal to USA along with the cost of metal is more than worth it! I have found that the DDQ makes a better bore to boolit seal than any other material I have tried. Higher velocity with zero leading due to the better extrusion ability of the alloy under pressure when the cartridge goes bang. Think of how softer lead seals better with certain pressures. Well the DDQ works similar but at the other end of the spectrum. Where hard aluminum will not seal the bore 100%. This DDQ material will.
    Thanks Yonky!!! Your metals rock!

Boolit Buddy
    I started out using Yonky's pre cut coil stock. I cut it into approximately 24 inch pieces and started punching out blanks like no tomorrow.
    I had also bought a 5" coil of .014 Amarimax Flashing. After punching out the first coil of Yonky's aluminum, I decided to work with the 5" Flashing.
    I first cut the Flashing into approximately 14 Inch strips. Then marked it on one end at .665 and sheared a piece against the fence on my paper cutter. After a few I went to the shop to try them out. I had gotten every one too wide. Back to the paper cutter. I remarked each end of the 5" strips, and recut them towards the middle of the cutter. This worked ok and did not have the curled end on one corner.
    Anyway hack to the shop after re-cutting them for a more precision fit.
    If too wide they will not feed through the slot on Pats cutter. This brings on trimming the edge with scissors. If too narrow they break at the thin edge when trying to advance them.
    Talk about slowing down the process.
    I have come to the conclusion that Yonky's coil stock is the way to go. Way less of a head ache than trying to cut the .665 strips.

Bob R

I also agree that Yonky's coil stock is the way to go, had very good results, thanks.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.