WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USPS Rate Increase: January 17, 2016

Boolit Master

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all

I have my work cut out before Jan, I'll worry about it later.

Today is spending time with the family, seeing relatives I have not seen all year and eating until I bust. Enjoy

Boolit Grand Master

Great. Now it's a sticky that will still be tacked in 2017.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Great. Now it's a sticky that will still be tacked in 2017.
    LOL, I wouldn't worry to much. They do a good job of keeping them organized an up to date

Boolit Bub
    That figures about the price increase...

The cumulative effect of raising the rate and eliminating the commercial rate on Click-n-Ship will raise a small flat rate box from $5.25 to $6.80. That is 29.5%. Hunter
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterldh View Post
    The cumulative effect of raising the rate and eliminating the commercial rate on Click-n-Ship will raise a small flat rate box from $5.25 to $6.80. That is 29.5%. Hunter
    Wow. That's quite an increase. At least the USPS is working today. UPS seems to have taken the day off.

Moderator Emeritus

hunterdlh -- I just copied/pasted info on FP site. My assumption is the percentage they listed is over-all: with some, increases might be slimmer, others greater. The "name of the game" is for them to increase their profits. I did zero computations -- just posting increases to give a heads up to the great persons who use this site to purvey their items.
    BEST!
    geo

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Bangerjim is 100% correct. Very few businesses will use USPS. Those that do are forced to due to cheap *****(self censored). I used to bring over a lot of European VW parts by the container and then ship them all over the USA. There is no way I would trust the shipment of a $1k bumper to the USPS. Even a $20 interior piece was shipped UPS. USPS parcel service is for the casual shipper. I know some vendors here rely on them and I always question their decision. But it's not my decision so it's on them.

A $7 SFRB is not a deal unless the weight is high. Padded mailers.....buy them yourself and ship first class if you really want to save money. You'd be hard pressed to hit $7 in postage for an item that fits in the priority mailer. If their tracking was actually real time I would say it's a different story. But it's not, so it isn't.

It's hard for someone that isn't shipping tens of thousands of dollars of products to understand. Most people see the USPS cost and just expect to pay that. Look at a large operation like Amazon that spends Billions on shipping. They do not use the USPS. Pretty easy to understand why.
    All of my Amazon products come by way of my mail carrier.

Well I live in Alaska. USPS flat rate boxes are the least expensive mode of shipping to and from here..

All of you folks with shipping contracts with UPS and FED EX .... We always hear .. oh.. you live in Alaska... I'm sorry we'll have to charge you 2nd day air or express rates.

Those rates are at times as much or more than I paid for the item I wanted shipped!

Even though BOTH companies offer "ground" service to Alaska, you'll tell me sorry, or contract states 2nd day our express to AK. ARGHHHH!

When I ask if you'll ship USPS flare rate, I hear nope. They won't pick up from their location, or worse, "I don't have time for that ****"... A few enlightened sellers WILL if you ask politely, and explain the huge difference in shipping rates.

I had to order some proprietary office supplies lately , the cost was $91 fore the items, and $247 for UPS 2nd day air. Only way they'd ship. They refused to ship any other way. By USPS flat rate boves it might have cost $40!!! I had no choice because my company requires me to use the proprietary logo stamped items . I'm STILL livid about it!
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

And I live in Anchorage, not out in the Bush!
    "Remember the Range Day and keep it Holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim!"

NRA Benefactor Member

Anchorage, Alaska

Is it just me or did the medium flat rate boxes get smaller?

Boolit Grand Master

There are different size boxes available.

I picked up a medium box yesterday from the same bin at the post office and it looks smaller than the ones I used to ship out lead last summer. I didnt have any of the ones from then left to compare to.

Boolit Grand Master

USPS Rate Increase: January 17, 2016

The dimensions are written on the boxes. I don't know if they've gotten smaller. But the quality has really gone south over the past few years. They are thinner than ever.

Banned

I had a new box arrived this week it was priority and marked Zone A about a 1/3 rd smaller than the MFR. I still haven't gotten any info from my usps business site as to what to expect come Monday. Threw 5 priority boxes in the mail the last 2 days to beat the increase.

Quote Originally Posted by typz2slo View Post
    Is it just me or did the medium flat rate boxes get smaller?
    The ones I have from 2 years back are:
    ID: 11X8.5X5.5
    OD: 11.25X8.75X6.0

They did have another size MFRB but I do not have one of those available to read the sizes off of it.

Michael Grace
    +1 on PIF's

Quote Originally Posted by Baryngyl View Post
    The ones I have from 2 years back are:
    ID: 11X8.5X5.5
    OD: 11.25X8.75X6.0

They did have another size MFRB but I do not have one of those available to read the sizes off of it.

Michael Grace
    Picked up some MFRB`s today. They are the same size you stated. They do have another MFRB that is OD; 12X3.5X14.125 . Looks like it was made to ship books .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Wow. The regional boxes went up a lot
    The Regional Rate boxes are no longer available unless you have a commercial account. Kind of screwed up my last shipping quote.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Banned

I just ordered the A and B boxes. Over on Trapperman.com one of the guys wrote up a brief tutorial on what it means for us. I'll ask the author if I can share his notes.

Boolit Grand Master

They no longer show up as options to select either in the postage calculator or click and ship. If there is a work around, I'd be very interested. If you can't copy, then a link to the original thread would be great! Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast