RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nose down Mr. Bulletfeeder to Starsizer

Quote Originally Posted by finishman2000 View Post
    I talked to owner of Double Alpha at the SHOT Show for about 5 minutes. He said that there are some testers out there with nose down units and that it is easy and only needed a new "plastic piece" to make his unit do it. I said so We will be seeing this soon so it's so easy. He kinda smiled and said that it won't be soon. I thanked him for his time, went 6 booths over and ordered the other guys bullet feeder who spent 5 minutes with me we figured out how to do both types of feed with his. Once I get it up and running I will start a spate post on it.

I am looking forward to that.
    Thanks
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy

Unfortunately I'll bet the other guys was quite a bit more money wasn't it?
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

spstocksandgrips.com

Texan Loadmaster Model T, Lyman All American Turret, Forster Co-Ax,

Boolit Buddy
    actually I was surprised at the price and told the owner of gsi so. it was lower than it was. I won't say what the gsi dealer cost is but evenat retail is better than ever. I got the 9mm/38 setup with a 45acp conversion and if it woeks on my ballisticast sizer it will be a bargain. check it out and i'll bet you'll be surprised as well.

Never did get the GSI collator to work with cast bullets. The owner of GSI gave me a full refund after spending a bit of time with me trying to figure it out. the feed wheel kept jamming up.

Boolit Buddy
    the design has changed slightly and he says it works with cast now. his site still shows the old design and not the one I saw at shot.

Boolit Buddy
    I did some tinkering with the nose down conversion for the Mr. B, seems to work nicely. Just need to make a plug for the base down hole, and I'm all set.
    Did anyone have any luck feeding SWC's nose down? I'm having some trouble with the Lee .358 105 SWC, the nose seems too short too feed reliably.

Boolit Buddy
    Anybody making these inserts?

Boolit Buddy
    I can chime in with my experience with collating the Magma 105 swc boolit.....

In my experience all short boolits are a PITA to get to collate reliably. That's the case with the 105 swc also. I use the MA systems collator for my Bullet Master and when I get it set up and adjustes as god as possible I prefer to run big batches because the adjustments and stuck boolits are a hair pulling experience.

If you get the angle of the bowl, speed, wipers and the screws adjusting the blades lifting the boolits just right, you still get stuck boolits in the drop shoot and some boolits drop base down!

I've pretty much giving up on getting theese to collate perfectly and only run the bowl when eyeballing the drum.

I've actually been thinking about buying a dedicated collator bowl just for theese boolits. It may be worth it if it ever would be adjusted perfectly.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I just did a conversion for my Mr. Bullet feeder.

https://youtu.be/1k9M_oyKS8Q?t=30s

So far, I have only run this NOE 40 cal 160 RN through the collator. It was a bit of a pain to make the plate and the new mount for the drop tube. I used a die grinder to open up the hole that was already there. It had to be moved up and part way into the adjusting slot that is used for running the feeder on a press. The original drop tube had a big funnel bored in it and the boolits would drop in and turn side ways. I turned a new drop tube with a hole that was just under half an inch in diameter, without a funnel. The bottom end was bored 9/16" to accept the spring. The OD is 1" and I used a 1" annular cutter to cut the hole in the white plastic. Two 8-32 screws hold it to the bottom of the collator. After adjusting the little feed plate and taping it in place, I drilled and tapped the larger white block and screwed the two together. That little plate was made, trial and error, with the die grinder. My first try worked, but it wasn't as long as needed and didn't sit down in the feeder slot as far as I wanted.

The other boolit I will try is an NOE 9mm 125 TC. I haven't cast those yet.

The design of the Mr. bullet feeder, with the 4" plumbing elbow, made it challenging to mount the larger white plastic. Without making a part in CAD, the little plate is trial and error. Unfortunately, cnc plasma doesn't help for plastic parts, although I could set it up with a spindle. My brother will be getting a professional size cnc milling machine in the next few weeks, so I might have the capability to make accurate parts on the mill. I have no idea why Rick didn't get conversion kits out for the mr bullet feeder, unless it has to do with patents. It shouldn't be hard with cad and cnc equipment.

Boolit Buddy
    Sound great. Can you post pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Bub
    I made an adapter yesterday. I used a scrap of 3/4" pvc trim board. I just traced it out, cut the basic shape, and started carving the holes until it worked, removing a little at a time as I tested it.

So far I've tested 45, 9mm, and 380. It does not work on semi wadcutters. It works great on the 45 and 9 RN and FN. It did not work on the 380 but that's more an issue with the Mr. Bulletfeeder, the tiny bullets would fall into the rotating wheel sideways and get jammed, not a fault of my adapter.

I used the same 3/4" material to make a plug for the original output hole. I drilled a new output hole in the bottom of the adapter. The electrical tape is there because the hole was a bit too big leaving the output tube loose. It's snug now and works perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adapter1.jpg   adapter2.jpg   adapter3.jpg   adapter4.jpg   adapter5.jpg  

adapter6.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I have had a nosedown Mr. bullet feeder running for over 2 years, feeding my sizer. does everything from 105SWC 9mm up to 300gn 45 and all inbetween.
    Here it is in action doing 150gn RN 9mm.

Replaced the factory 12 volt power supply and controller for a 19volt NEC laptop power unit and a speed controller from eBay.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Bub
    How do you prevent the SWC from getting caught on the flat surrounding the nose and going past the hole?

Boolit Master
    I use a small drop tube that comes right up to the bottom of the drop plate and run the unit at full speed. The SWC shoulder doesn't have time to hang up.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12