Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars fans stand up and be counted.

Star Wars fans stand up and be counted.

I will admit I am a Star Wars Nerd. I have loved the series for over 35 years. I am excited for the new show to come out. Over the years Star Wars has reminded me of times in my life. I remember my first girl friend took me to the original Star Wars show. First time I saw a Wookie I thought it was a girl I use to date in high school. May the Force be with you.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

My parents didn't have higher paying jobs until I was well into my teenage years, so some of my fondest memories from when I was real young are of getting 2 or 3 Star Wars figurines on my birthday and maybe getting one big piece like the Millenium Falcon at Christmas. The hours I spent fighting epic battles across the living room...simpler times I suppose. So yes I am still a fan now that I have more gray hairs than colored ones.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Banned

I usually fall asleep about 1/3 of the way through.

Moderator Emeritus

Yeah I thought it was a great TV show
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by StolzerandSons View Post
    My parents didn't have higher paying jobs until I was well into my teenage years, so some of my fondest memories from when I was real young are of getting 2 or 3 Star Wars figurines on my birthday and maybe getting one big piece like the Millenium Falcon at Christmas. The hours I spent fighting epic battles across the living room...simpler times I suppose. So yes I am still a fan now that I have more gray hairs than colored ones.
    same here!

Me and my brother outlined our wanted birthday and xmas gifts for years to come with action figures, play sets, and space ships after star wars came out. We planned it from the Sears catalogs. Funny though it never materialized. We did grow a small collection and I just showed it off to my 11 yoa daughter a couple weeks ago while in the attic for xmas decorations .

Me me and my brother made countless ships from cardboard and masking tape.

In Remembrance
    Somehow, I have managed to never watch it all these years, maybe one day.

Perma-Banned
    thanks to havin' kids that needed totin' to the movies, I've seen a couple of these. never did see what the big draw was.

I have seen them back when the first ones came out but after that it fade out because of of the times it did came out was some thing new then now it is not.As for what was the big draw the way it look to me was Carrie Fisher.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I liked the movie. Who doesn't want a light saber?
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Just read my Quote line
    Do, or do not.
    There is no try.
    Yoda

Definitely a Star Wars fan. We are going to see the new one tonight

Boolit Master
    I liked the first few movies....then they got strained. I will watch them but not a great fan.

Vendor Sponsor

Fan star wars I am
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

Star Wars fans stand up and be counted.

I've read all the books. And this is where the new movies have screwed up. The canon was already written and they chose to go their own route. Which is a shame because excellent writers, not Hollywood hack screenwriters, wrote well developed characters and great stories. They should have made the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy into movies. These were the first books that Lucasfilm allowed to be written. They set the stage for all the other books, both before and after time wise.

The new movies are nothing but a money grab. Looks like a JJ Abrams movie from the trailers. His style is unmistakeable and I've grown tired of it. That being said, I will go see the movie. But it will be weeks from now when I'm stuck in some small town in the middle of nowhere for work. I will not wait in any sort of line to see it.

Boolit Grand Master

We saw the original movie in LA while I was in grad school. I guess this dates me. Have no memorabelia, do not stand in line to be the first to see the new movie, but we haven't missed any of them.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    I was 7 when the original Star Wars came out, so yea I was a fan. Now my son is 7, and is into all things Star Wars now. We will be going to see it next week. He has a the pack of the 1st six movies under the Christmas tree.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I've read all the books. And this is where the new movies have screwed up. The canon was already written and they chose to go their own route. Which is a shame because excellent writers, not Hollywood hack screenwriters, wrote well developed characters and great stories. They should have made the "Heir to the Empire" trilogy into movies. These were the first books that Lucasfilm allowed to be written. They set the stage for all the other books, both before and after time wise.

The new movies are nothing but a money grab. Looks like a JJ Abrams movie from the trailers. His style is unmistakeable and I've grown tired of it. That being said, I will go see the movie. But it will be weeks from now when I'm stuck in some small town in the middle of nowhere for work. I will not wait in any sort of line to see it.
    I've read most of the books, and was definitely bummed out when they threw that all out. Hopefully they do right by this one though. As long as they are better than Episode 1-3, I think I'll be ok lol

And the "Heir to the Empire" Trilogy was awesome!

When we went to one years ago it was curious to see the effects the film had on the audience.
    By the time the movie was over there was a blurring, not good guys, not bad guys and the kids were clearly unsettled.
    Don't remember which one of the "episodes" it was.

Boolit Buddy
    I am not a rabid fan but it is easy to get caught up in it in my family. My oldest daughter is a true Star wars geek. She is a member of the 501st and the Black Death Crew. We have tickets for tonight at 7pm. The hard cores recognize episodes 4 through 6 or the first three. These are her Glocks, pretty much sums it up.

'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein