RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Any Advice?

Any Advice?

The Ruger No.1 in 9.3x74R is coming my way.
    Anyone have advice on the piece?

I saw that CDNN has those rifles for a real steal of a deal right now. Wish I had the funds to get one while the getting is good!

As for advice, you'll need cases and a heavy non bore riding 35 caliber bullet mould to patch up to fit. Oh, and lots of gun powder! There is a poster here that goes by Rev. Recoil who shoots one of those, and kills the heck out of game with the SAECO 250gr. 35 cal. bullet patched up. That rifle looks like it'll make a great PP shooter, so be sure to keep us posted on how it works out for you!

-Nobade

Boolit Master
    Since you asked: I'll bet you didn't know its brass is reloadable for use in a 410 shotgun. 9.3 X 74R makes a wonderful 3" 410 shotshell. Way to go!__ U got yourself a twofer there Good Cheer.

Boolit Buddy
    Great rifle and I have one. I like a good recoil but hunting and factory loads can be harsh on the shoulder. Chuck Hawks has a reduced recoil load that I can shot all day. I got a mold (Gas check) from one of the group buys and it shoots great. Bullets are not cheap, good gas checks are hard to find so I tried paper patch. They shoot a very well. I fact I have not shot anything else since I started shooting those.

My favorite load is Chuck Hawks for the range. Bought it for Africa and decided to take the 9.3x62 instead, but will never get rid of it. Have fun. Be careful paper patch is addicting habit. It starts to spread to your other rifles befor you know it.