Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Patch Popper

Boolit Buddy

Patch Popper

Could anyone give me an idea where I could buy a patch popper. Arizona Sharpshooters used to have them but I can't find them anymore.Thankd Bill

Boolit Grand Master

Patch Popper? is that the toy thats serves up 1 cleaning patch at a time? I been thinking of making one for myself

Boolit Master
    My patch popper has this email address on it:Moezingo.at.yahoo.com -> Replace "at" with @. Chris.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Bill when you get ahold of him get not only the popper but also grab a couple bags of his linen patches. They work very well in the popper and in the bore when pushed thru with a brush.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks a lot Chris. My wife is going to buy me one for Christmas, now all I have to do is break the news to her! Bill
    Thanks Don, will do.

If that email doesn't work I think I've got his phone number around here someplace. Drop me a pm if you need it.
    You're going to like that thing me thinks. I sure like ours.

Boolit Master
    Don I actually have his number too ( it's on the popper ), but I didn't want to post it. I can give it out via a p.m.

It's good to hear that he has the new cotton patches. I wouldn't mind giving those a try. Do they come out of the popper one at a time, or do they stick together at all? That is the one thing that was good with the Arsenal patches is that they seem to separate easily.

Chris.

Chris, never thought to look at the popper, but I've got his card around here somewhere.
    Anyway yes those linen patches of his peel out of the tube very nice, leaving the next one with it's end sticking up easy to grab. They clean amazingly well. I wasn't sure they would clean as nice as the flannel or the arsenal but they sure do. While I haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure they would wash and reuse quite well.

Boolit Master

Patch popper? What manner of beast is this? Sorry, I'm just an ignorant hillbilly

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    SharpsShooter,
    This is a modified Patch Popper. I changed the base and added a loading block. I have two and don't think I could live without them.

BTW, if you are thinking about making one, save yourself the trouble. You won't save $10 and it won't be half as good. Paul knows what he is doing and went through all the trial and error in developing and patenting these.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

This sends a patch up one at a time?...wet ones or dry ones? Using this at a match to expedite things because of the time limit? It has been a very long time since I shot BPC. although in my dotage should the economy and doctors ever give me a break I may take it up again.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok guys, I talked to Paul and have a double patch popper and 2 bags of his patches coming. Thanks Chris and Don for the info. Bill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    This sends a patch up one at a time?...wet ones or dry ones? Using this at a match to expedite things because of the time limit? It has been a very long time since I shot BPC. although in my dotage should the economy and doctors ever give me a break I may take it up again.
    Yup, the one on the left is dries, the one on the right are wets. These are great for matches or just shooting at the range, but they are also nice on your basement shooting bench or wherever you work on and clean firearms.
    Brent

Boolit Buddy
    Brent I really like your modifications. Might have to work one of those up.

Boolit Master
    If you do, I suggest you rethink how I did the clock. I used a magnet and it just doesn't hold it well enough even though it is a rare earth magnet. Some sort of clip with a positive clamp of some sort would be better.

I like to keep my extra ear plugs a couple extra bullets and an OBI in my loading block, all for convenience. I made the base a bit smaller too, so that I can fit it in my shooting box a little easier.