Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some small martini rifles

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Quote Originally Posted by rollmyown View Post
    Did Myra have a business relationship with Fieldman? That is the brand I remember having the "extruder" barrel.

Very beautiful rifles BTW.
    I cannot help you with that. I never thought to ask Mr Langsford why he called his Gunshop "Myra's", and all the wildcats "Myra" as well. I have heard it said that it was his wifes name, and I can say that whenever I went into "Myra's" gunshop, I was greated by Mr Langsford, and while talking to him, a little old lady would come out of the back office and say "Hello". But who he got to do the barrels for him I never found out.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Von G. A 577/450 is high on my 'want list' - after I get the daughter to appreciate this cadet.
    "...Some days its rocket science, and some days it just zinc..."

Boolit Buddy
    Those are great looking rifles. I am very fond of the Martini action & have a few, both large & small frame, all in original calibers (.22L, .297/.230L, .310 Cadet, .450 No.2 Musket, & .577/.450 M-H) apart from my 'gopher' rifle which is a BSA .310 Cadet action rebarreled to .218 Bee & restocked for scope use.

Back in the late '70s & thru much of the '80s I worked for one of the larger gun stores in Adelaide, South Australia, & had a few dealings with Mr (Arthur) Langsford.....a fine old gentleman. It is my understanding that the Myra name did indeed come from his wife, or possibly a daughter. I still have one of his .17 Myra cartridges, loaded on an ICI case. Here's a picture I found showing the rimfire .17 Myra Family (.17 Minor-Mite, .17 Tini-Mite, & .17 Vixen), along with a centerfire (.17 Mite) based on the .22 Hornet. It is interesting to note that the .17 Vixen was formed from .22WRF brass, rather than .22 WMR, as I believe Mr. Langsford's development pre-dated the .22 Magnum.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.17 Myra Mite family.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	155621
    "For a man, be he ever so much resolved to do his duty as a parent, can't be flogging his children all day....."

The Memoirs of Barry Lyndon, Esq. (William Thackeray).

Boolit Master
    Testing my Martini 32.40 Martini Rifle on Sunday 13th Dec.The barrel is made up from an 8 mm Rolling Block Rifle one turn in fourteen inch Twist Turned down to make a liner and Chambered for 32.40 cal and 40 Grains of Black Powder.I have had moderate success with differing bullets in the past.This time I tried .324 x 160 grain Gas Checked Bullets.The first shots where high so I adjusted the aperture Sight Down, those shots where low.A little further adjustment brought me into the Black and continued there.My initial Bullets where not much dufferent from the Gas checked ones so I can only assume that the Gas checks are the answer for this particular Rifle.

here are 2 more martinis I traded into .the one ugly one with the receiver sight is a 22hornet anf the shiney one is a 222rem with an awsom xtractor which I will make a few of now that I have a pattern Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3989.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	188275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3972.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	188276

Boolit Master
    Those are beautiful Martinis, however they cry out for an old style scope like a Unertl, lyman, litschart, fecker, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12