Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New NOE Push-through sizer die set

Boolit Buddy

I'm powder coating.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Banned

it actually "sizes" them down just like a regular sizer.

I used "trimmed" because I think of them as having a fat waist.

For you guys that have them, is dia. true dia. or expected from WW alloy? Does he do half or custom sizes? Want to order some but have to figure out size details.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    They give your boolit the diameter marked on the bushing. It can't guess if the alloy will grow. It's sort of like a lee push thru except that it is precise and not machined from some junk metal. I have 309, 310, and 311 for 30 cal and can hit the exact number for each. It the normal Al quality item. I just have to buy more pieces!!

Ed C

I honed my Lee for 3085, guess I can do the same for NOE. Thanks.
    Whatever!

Hint - leave the body die set screw loose so the die floats for alignment and die doesn't fall out. Die is loose slip fit in the holder, tighten the screw and it may shift to crooked.
    Whatever!

Boolit Man
    I think that is why I kept sticking bullets in mine, loosened that screw and they go right through.
    Learning by breaking something every day!
    Remington 700ML

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Hint - leave the body die set screw loose so the die floats for alignment and die doesn't fall out. Die is loose slip fit in the holder, tighten the screw and it may shift to crooked.
    Hi,

I am about to buy one of these and sell the Lee sizers that I use when powder coating. Would it be worth dimpling the insert to give it room to move but not fall out?

Regards,

John (not a computer person so I don't post much but I do read a lot)

Boolit Master

This is a cool concept. I will be using mine for Hi-Tek coated bullets. It is nice that you can buy bushings in different increments. I was frustrated with the Lee sizers being undersized. Didn't work for me. These were my first purchases from NOE, and the quality seems to be there. I've since purchased some of their "M" expander plugs in a few sizes. Also a nice concept.

Boolit Buddy

My NOE push through sizer set showed up last night with a .429 and .401 sleeve, worked like a charm wish I had found this system before I bought 4 Lee push through dies. The Lee's work fine but could of saved some money and what am I going to do with all 4 bottles of liquid ALOX lol.

Thanks for your work on the PDF, I appreciate it much.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I got my sizer set from NOE and it works as advertised. Very nice! At first it seemed awkward not to be able to do a full stroke on the press handle, (the sizer body extends too far below the press head for the ram to be raised all the way), but you get used to it quickly. Very well made tool.

Boolit Bub
    Looks like this might have to be my next purchase. Really hate how lee restricts you to increments of their choosing for most streamline sizers.

Boolit Master

Resurrecting this older thread.

I bought a sizer set form NOE back in July 2016. Like many "New Projects" it sit boxed on the shelf until a couple weeks ago. I had originally bought it to help with my problems on Paper Patching .30 boolits. After a year of off and on working with Paper Patched boolits I had progressed from Minute of Moutan, through Minute of Barn Door, and to Minute of Large Pizza Pie. Just couldn't seem to dial in the Paper Patched boolits to a reasonably acceptable group.

Last week I cleared the "Honey Do" list and retrieved the NOE Sizer box. I pulled down the box of previously cast RCBS 165 Sil boolits (Water Quenched to 22.7 BHN). After reading the instructions and assembling the NOE sizer set, I placed a 0.305 sizer ring in the die set, lubed 10 165 Sil boolits, and then pushed them through the die. Each one had a small ring of lead cleanly shaved from the Lube ring areas. Unlike my Lee Sizer ideas that tend to "Smear" swaged lead down into the grooves, this die set is cleanly shaving lead off the raised groove areas. I then replaced with a .302 sizer ring and repeated on all 10 Boolits. Resulted in nicely rounded .302 boolits with slight residual grease grooves (good for the Paper Patch to adhere to when wrapped). After paper patching the boolits, & sizing the Paper Patched boolits to .308, I loaded in .308 Winchester cases with 45 grains of Winchester 760. (Did not Chronograph, but should yield somewhere in the (+ or - ) 2600 fps range.

Went to the range for a test; and Wooohooo. I broke the Large Pizza Pie barrier!! I shot a 3.5MOA group at 100Yards. Not an acceptable group yet as I am looking to hit the 1 MOA range so I can use it for 800 Yard to 1000 Yard shooting; but 3.5MOA is a great improvement. Now I have the opportunity to start working on a tailored load that will hopefully get me towards that 1MOA goal with a paper patched boolit, all thanks to NOE's newer product offering.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Somewhere in the woods of Central Oklahoma
    Been using mine for a long time now and couldn't be happier. Dies are inexpensive enough to purchase a bunch of them so you can try different sizes in your "shooter".
    Chris

Boolit Master

Chris C:

Agree with the cost/value on the sizer inserts. Looking at ordering a .301, ,303, and ,304. All for use with Paper Patching. The .301 for a couple of tight 30 calibers I have, and the .303 and .304 to start in developing some 303 British Paper Patching experiments this winter.

$9.75 for each additional insert from NOE is a much better value than having a custom Lee Push Through die made at $38.00 each.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    The NOE push through sizing bushings work well and as expected are accurate in dimensions. The nose sizing bushing also are accurate, but be aware just because you have two perfect circles like laying a nickel on a quarter doesn't mean the circles are concentric and this is the problem I have found with the separate operations of using bushings to band size and nose size. The bullets are not concentric because there is nothing to hold the bullet in alignment when it is sized. Meaning the bullets come out lopsided and will never be accurate. A concentricity gauge will show the problem. If someone has a remedy for this procedure I would like to hear it.

I just got my order in and i love it. the best thing about its is that all 10 or so dies and the body only take up about the same space as 2 or 3 lee dies. There cost less then lee and ill save on the international shipping as well.
    My review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Qr9szz0K0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123