Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New NOE Push-through sizer die set

Boolit Master

New NOE Push-through sizer die set

If you are unfamiliar with these new doo-dads see them here:
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...shf7j8f7a0f8f2

My order from NOE arrived today. I purchased only the die body set and one sizer bushing for .268".

I had wondered why the body set was $39.95 but instead of thinking too much I just ordered the set.

What arrived today was a bunch of stuff. The threaded die body, the "pusher" that goes in the shell holder, the size bushing itself stamped with the size, and 5 other pieces that I had no idea what they were for.

But alas! When in doubt read the dang directions! Yes, full color printed directions come with this set of ~things~.

Three of the "things" are what I'd call upside down funnels that are sized for different bullet diameters that are rather guides to the upper ejection port, for lack of a better term. All these parts are beautifully machined.

The other two remaining parts surprised me because I am not of the masochistic breed that, like some of you, size the NOSE portion of a cast bullet to achieve some usually missing sense of nirvana in the spinning of cast bullets down the bore.

This set from NOE allows nose first or base first sizing and.... nose sizing with these 2 extra parts are what I would call the "ejection" punch that you smack down with your hand after sizing the nose of the offending obese cast bullet nose.

I really didn't take the time to learn all the features of what this bushing sizer set actually did before I ordered it and therefore was unprepared for having to actually refer to instructions for what I thought would be a simple extra doo-dad for the loading bench.

Truth be known, I came upon the NOE forum talking about this new product just weeks ago while I was perusing Google-Images studying push-through dies using Titanium Nitride neck sizing bushings. In my machine shop practice I enjoy utilizing ~existing~ technology in innovative ways to achieve the design ultimatum. Instead I saw the NOE idea as a satisfying alternative and there ya go.

The base-first and nose sizing aspects utilize Lyman/RCBS nose punches. All the parts of this set are close tolerance and beautifully machined. Considering the die body and associated parts the $39.95 price isn't out of line. The sizer bushings are $9.75 each and the pusher part for the shell holder are $7.50 each.

Though I've not used this set yet I think it is beautifully designed and executed.

Dutch

Moderator Emeritus

The other two remaining parts surprised me because I am not of the masochistic breed that, like some of you, size the NOSE portion of a cast bullet to achieve some usually missing sense of nirvana in the spinning of cast bullets down the bore.
    Dutchman, you are funny ! lol

Nose sizing...
    Not that I am an expert, but I was asked by another member (local to me) about NOE's Bushing Push Through Size Die setup, and when to Nose size. I told him, it's only needed, when it is needed.

If you have a bore riding boolit that has too large of a Nose to fit your rifle, you have few choices...Seat the boolit "way too deep" or sell the mold or size the nose. I am the type to sell the mold, as I have never really seen a good commercial setup to size the nose. It appears NOE has done just that.
    that's my 2¢
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Got mine the other day

Have two more packages arriving w/ the other bushings and rams that I need. Decided to buy them all now because of their year end sale. Should have bought them all on Cyber Monday as it would have saved me more money but that's another issue all together :laugh:

For anyone wondering how they work Al has put the instructions up on the forum: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,1245.0.html

I created a .pdf version so if anyone wants it I can link it here.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks guys. I looked all over the NOE forum and couldn't figure out how they worked. Looks like they will be my next purchase.

Banned

Here is the message with instruction link I got when the announcement went out

The message they sent you was:

Got then listed in the web-store
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...bqkn7fovhobjh2
    And posted the instruction sheet here:
    http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,1245.0.html
    Have about 200 sizes to pick from!

I just received one for the .357. Works great.
    I like the idea about being able to size most all bullets with the change of a bushing. A lot cheaper when you are looking for the right diameter for any given bore.

Here is a bullet from his 360-180 sized with his pass thru sizer.

ps ... notice the beautiful patmarlin made gas check.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1036.JPG  

Boolit Bub
    I wonder what is the maximum size projectile that can be sized?

Looks like he offers up to .504 sizer bushings. It was in the OP's first post link he provided.

I created a .pdf version so if anyone wants it I can link it here.

Dragon,

I would very much appreciate your .pdf version

Boolit Grand Master

NOE Bushing Sizer Instructions.pdf

Let me know if that works or not. First time I've used the space here for an attachment. I should be able to give a dropbox link if that doesn't work.

Boolit Master
    Nice looking die set, I now have another tool to buy. Al makes so many things that I need... Now if he would just start making Star sizing dies I would just send him my entire paycheck.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    NOE Bushing Sizer Instructions.pdf

Let me know if that works or not. First time I've used the space here for an attachment. I should be able to give a dropbox link if that doesn't work.
    Perfect. Thanks.

Looks like I can get some of those gas checks up in the neck where they belong now.

My order should be here soon. Perhaps tomorrow. I third of a half gallon Lyman 200 grain 311299 to finish then send off to my son in law in AZ. Don't have the AR-15's in 300 Blackout to check bore. Bore ride is very long and the mold cast right on .300". Then any deviance runs you over. These bullets are mostly high tin and aged to grow a few tenths over .300". I believe they will all be struck down a bit. I figure instead of using a micrometer to measure every nose at 3 o'clock intervals. I'll just qualify them in a single pass with a .300" nose die. Will probably order a .299" bushing to size new bullets to allow for aging growth of high tin content bullets. My 30-30 has a dead on .300" bore also and the RCBS 30-180-FN has enough bore ride so they will not chamber if over .300" at all. Also set myself up to size .270" nose for my RCBS 150 grain 270 Winchester bullet. There is simply no end to the amount of toys a grown man can own. NOE saw fit to bring this product online with about every diameter size common. Bold move.
    “AMERICA WILL NEVER BE DESTROYED FROM THE OUTSIDE. IF WE FALTER AND LOSE OUR FREEDOMS, IT WILL BE BECAUSE WE DESTROYED OURSELVES.” President Abraham Lincoln

I just saw this. Man I must be living under a rock somewhere.

Got a question for you guys who are using this to size the noses on your boolits. How does that work? I get that you swap out the parts, and I read/saw the pictures, but what prevents the smaller diameter sizing of the nose to stop at the right spot and not effect the main boolit body?

Boolit Buddy

Hey Dragon, did that storage case also come with the base sizer kit?

If not, where did you get it? It looks awesome for this application.

¿Lucky?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Master
    No it just comes in the standard box their molds come in. Im gonna say thats a standard utility storage box you buy or a tackle box. I have a bigger one, think thats where I got it was the fishing department at wally world.

I wish NOE had these before I went and bought several Lee units.

Boolit Grand Master

No, it's a Plano box that you can buy in the fishing section at Walmart.

Boolit Master
    Just ordered mine and it's on its way. I have hopes that the nose sizing can get me some reliability in powder coated applications where the bullets have had a bit of nose growth. I also have a spire tip bullet that wants to deform when it's used in a push through sizer, and this will let me use a top punch to base first size. I don't have a normal lube sizer at all, by the way.

Looking forward to tinkering with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    Just ordered mine and it's on its way. I have hopes that the nose sizing can get me some reliability in powder coated applications where the bullets have had a bit of nose growth. I also have a spire tip bullet that wants to deform when it's used in a push through sizer, and this will let me use a top punch to base first size. I don't have a normal lube sizer at all, by the way.

Looking forward to tinkering with it.

If you don't mind, would you post about how it works with just nose sizing? I'm still curious what prevents the bands from being sized. Guess I could just email NOE about it......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast