Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stevens 325C in 30 WCF

My Dad give me my 325 when I was 13. I shot the first two bucks in my life with it, the ones in my avatar, one making the NYS Big Buck club. Mine has a terrific trigger. Dad had a side mount installed for a scope. I shoot 130gr Hornady Spire Pts with 30gr of IMR3031. It shoots exceptional. Mine will be in my possession when they throw dirt on me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3030.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	158049

Boolit Buddy
    Nice piece of wood on that rifle!

Boolit Master
    I just found a 325c in a pawn shop totally pristine. I hope it is still there when I find funds. 250$ but it doesn't have the scope screws

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    I just found a 325c in a pawn shop totally pristine. I hope it is still there when I find funds. 250$ but it doesn't have the scope screws
    I'd jump on a pristine one for $250 any time. Mine is in nice shape, but it's the Sears version with a cheap beech stock and there's a good sized chip by the safety. One of these days, I'll get around to fixing it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim338 View Post
    I know what you mean I never gave them a second look until I bought one. They are a slick little rifle. Now I am thinking I need more of them. I know where there is one for sale in .225 Winchester hmmm........ How rare are the 22 Hornets ?
    You seem to find 100 in .30-30 for every one in any other caliber. I have a Stevens 322 in .22 Hornet (same rifle) and it is a good shooter with cast loads. I don't load full power Hornet, figure I have .223s that do that better, but .22 LR duplicate loads work great.

Stevens 325C in 30 WCF

Only have shot factory ammo with mine. But,I have found that with my 325c in 30-30 that so far 170 grain Remington corelocks have shot the best @ 100 yards. The 150 grain hornaday interlocks barley hit paper @ 100 . Winchester 170 grains were not much better. The Remington's had the shortest COAL of the three I have shot so far.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Seems to be a glut of these things up for sale.Attachment 158736
    Ms bought this 1 . It looks a little rough in the throat like maybe corrosive priming didn't get cleaned up. But it may be just grunge the muzzle is 303x308 and the slug all but fell out of the last 8 inches of bbl .

I wonder if it will accommodate 7-30 Waters in those stamped mags .

Will the 38-55 or 375 work in the mags ?
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I think they are very cool. As a hand loader any non tube magazine 30-30 Win is an awesome gun to load for.

Motor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12