Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Star Lubirsizer die o-rings.

Boolit Mold

Star Lubirsizer die o-rings.

Can anybody tell me what size and where I can buy o-ring for the star dies without going through Magma?

Boolit Master
    According to this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-six-lube-dots

They are 15/16 x 3/4 x 3/32, #14.

A lot of people just omit them, as there is minimal lube leakage if any at all. (I use them with no issues)

You can find them at Home Depot & probably Lowes in the plumbing dept. Danco#96731, #14 O-Ring
    Last edited by PbHurler; 12-08-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Addl. Info.
    Bob

I have just omitted it. Doesn't need to be there.

Boolit Mold
    My unit seems to leak quit a bit when the o-ring is out, I'm sizing the Lee 148gr wc, and the lube bands are filling out, however I feel that the unit is pumping in more than the bullet can take and the rest is going out the point of least resistance.

Ace hardware also has them, PB got all the info right for you. Mine also leaks with out the o rings.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    ILSA MEMBER
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Mold
    I appreciate it guys, I'm new to the star world. I used a RCBS Lube a matic 2 for about 20 years, It was a good unit but it was awful slow going and I had to feed my bullets in upside down to get them concentric. Too much work sense I've seen the light of the star unit. I just don't care for the leak by without the o-ring in place.

Banned
    I thought mine didn't need the O-ring either.Attachment 155170

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Thorsaxe, You may may want to use less pressure than you are using at this time. If you are having lube leak by and all of the grooves are filled then a reduction in pressure is called for. If you do some research on lubing the 38 WC bullet, you will find that great results have been achieved by not lubing each lube groove but by only putting lube in one or two lube grooves. The bullets are receiving plenty of lube and this practice works out much better, leaving no leading.
    I have used the Star since the 70's and have never used the O-rings. The original never had them, they were added after Magma took ownership of the company.
    We have a member of many years, Lathesmith that has been making the Star dies that are by far the best I've ever used. His dies fit with the correct dimensions and I don't have leaks without the rings. Take care David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    Those O-rings will last almost forever if you only remove the die when the lube is very warm, almost hot.

Boolit Master
    I bought a bag of 100 from Graingers a few years ago and never needed to replace any. I only remove a die when it's warm and do it with just my fingers. If you lived in Socal, I would give you a handful. Rod

Boolit Bub
    Harbor Freight sells a box of mix size O rings for a couple of $$. I lube them with Snoseal to ease their passage in & out of the tool

Boolit Master

Must not be too critical, I didn't realize there were any o rings, duh.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB