Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ever buy a mold before owning the caliber it's for?

Boolit Bub
    I bought a RCBS 41 mag. 210 SWC mold, followed by dies, and lated acquired a 657 to put them to use with.

Does it count if you used to own a gun, but but no longer have the gun? I am in the process of getting a RCBS .457 round ball mold. I had a Ruger Old Army many years ago, but lost it in a burglary and never replaced it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisstophere View Post
    I did just that. For some reason my gut told me not to let the mold get away and now I own a mold for a caliber I don't own and the wife is giving me tons of grief over the decision.
    I bought a set of dies and a 6 or 8 cavity H&G mold to load 9mm shells for a Browning Highpower pistol.
    Never bought the Browning but I have used the mold and dies to reload for a Sig P226 I had for a couple of years.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Unfortunately I have done that several times, but I usually keep things "need to know" when it comes to my bad decisions.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CATTLEMAN View Post
    Unfortunately I have done that several times, but I usually keep things "need to know" when it comes to my bad decisions.
    What does this mean?

You don't want to say what molds you bought before you had the gun?????

Why the big secret?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    What does this mean?

You don't want to say what molds you bought before you had the gun?????

Why the big secret?
    I'm imagining a closet full of unused molds and dies, like Imelda Marco's shoe closet

Perma-Banned
    I recently sold a .40 cal pistol, I had bought all the loading equipment to reload for it, RCBS carbide dies, 600 jacketed hollow point bullets, brick of primers, powder, I even bought the Redding carbide GRX die with bottle adaptor (100 bucks for this die and bottle adaptor alone!) several mtm ammo boxes to put my loaded ammo in when I finished them, close to a thousand brass fully prepped and ready to load, and a few boxes of carry ammo. After selling the pistol a day or so later a mold arrived in the mail! I had forgot about ordering it! LOL, So yea I have a brand new mold for a caliber I no longer own, along with a BUNCH of other stuff!! Who knows maybe I'll get another one some day

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345