Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: .22 Win Auto

.22 Win Auto

Was in the LGS today and they had brand new Mexican made .22 Auto!!! Bust out the old rifle.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

stock up!!!!
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I setup an alert with Slickguns.com for 22LR, set the limit at less than 0.08 and it sends me an email with the link to buy it. Been getting alerts everyday, seems to be a bunch of it coming in. There has been 5 alerts already today.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    stock up!!!!
    I'd need a rifle first. HAHA.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

oh my...gunitis has set in...you are buying ammo before you have a gun for it...
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

I had a couple of bricks imported last year when our dollar was parish .I shot of 2 boxes in my 1903 ,accuracy was good and the best part was no misfire/duds from the old canuck and OWS ammo that runs a dollar a round .It made the 1903 a useable little plinking rifle again and not a wall hanger.

Boolit Mold
    I ordered through prophet river up here, but an 18.00 or so box is now going to be 40.00 CDN
    I have a small collection of original ammo, but really don't want to shoot too much of it, so will wait for the Aguilla brand to come in to see how it is.

Boolit Master
    Aguila has been making .22 Winchester Automatic for years. I've been buying it and shooting my old Model 1903.

Boolit Mold
    Well here in Canada I have only seen old stuff at gun shows, never saw the new stuff, so had to get it brought in, at 40.00 CDN a box!

Boolit Buddy
    pick up 2 bricks of Aguila few years ago 110.00 a brick and shoot the 1903 every once and while take it out. I did run it over the Crony 950 Fps is what I got out it.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Also you can use .22 Win. Auto or .22 Rem. Auto like "shorts" in a .22 WRF or .22 WMR.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Mold
    So I did get four boxes, then they let me know they did not anticipate the run on it and had four left, so I bought them too, still have not got to try it, have had trouble with left eye, turns out it is a detached retina, they will try tomorrow to see if they can fix it up a bit.
    Always something, I had been off since dec 14th and just went back to work march 15th because of what i call a diabetic foot infection, now this happens.
    Oh and I put in my papers to retire, after almost 45 years with one outfit, I am done on Aug 31st, so did not need a decline in health now.

Boolit Mold
    So retired aug 2019, still have only regained eye sight in right eye, waiting for a cornea transpant in left eye, hope to have both eyes working one day.
    Did end up buying another brick, but for 500 rounds it was over 440.00 to get to Canada.
    Did go hunting in oct 2020 and tried a few shots with the 1903 ammo and it shot great and was a lot of fun using the old girl again.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Also you can use .22 Win. Auto or .22 Rem. Auto like "shorts" in a .22 WRF or .22 WMR.
    Perhaps that might be the case, but as I understand the situation, the REM is not interchangeable with WIN cartridge. While the WIN is somewhat available, when you find the REM ammo, it is virtually gold. I had an opportunity to pick up a really nice REM M-16, cheap, but after researching the ammo, I passed and didn't look back. All this is in reference to the "AUTO" ammo.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

I had a 1903 and fired Win, Rem and Canuck with no problems. In 60s I use to prowl the little Ma&Pa stores and gas stations in Ontario & Quebec for rim fire ammo of all kinds. By 70s seemed like everyone caught on to this source. Sadly the little outfits in Canada have been wiped out just like down here in the states.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I had a 1903 and fired Win, Rem and Canuck with no problems. In 60s I use to prowl the little Ma&Pa stores and gas stations in Ontario & Quebec for rim fire ammo of all kinds. By 70s seemed like everyone caught on to this source. Sadly the little outfits in Canada have been wiped out just like down here in the states.
    I am assuming that you are referring to the manufacturer of the ammo. Indeed REM, WIN and who knows who else made the 22 WINCHESTER AUTO ammo but 22 REM AUTO and the 22 WIN AUTO are two distinct cartridges that, although they have somewhat similar dimensions, are not interchangeable, at least those that seem to know about such things have stated many times on many different sites.

Reminds me of an incident many years ago when I first became acquainted with a new neighbor. We were discussing guns and such when he made the statement to NEVER buy REM ammo. I taken aback a bit by that statement and asked why. It seems he had a M-94 in 32 WS and had asked his wife to pick up some ammo for him while she was in town. He wanted REM brand. She went to the gun shop and asked for 32 REM and that is what she got. Needless to say, it didn't work in his M-94 and from that day on he would absolutely not buy REM ammo, even after I tried to explain the situation to him.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Buddy
    i'm not blowing the money to try it, but I suspect 22 remington auto (model 16) would actually chamber in the 1903, but not vice versa.

I've got a bit of a stock of the 22 win auto and a 1903, I sometimes noodle around about rechambering an older H&R just to have a "companion gun"
    --
    Shoot more!

Roysha, a friend mistakenly bought .32 Remington ammo for his dad's .32 Special Winchester 94. Luckily I looked in the sack and told him to turn around. The clerk at the gun store apologized and gave him an extra box of the correct ammo- no charge. 1973.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk