Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners Load Data
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: california shooting

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    True, brass cased 5.45x39 is rare. They have it in Europe but not common here. The case looks too small for .308 but then again there is nothing really to gauge the size of of. Could be 6.8spc.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...121&c=96&s=953

Not rare but not usual. I would think it rarer for someone to bust out a 6.8 or 50 Beowolf for a shooting like this.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I couldn't believe the stuff I was hearing on the Fox Radio news network. Some moron was talking about how body armour should be illegal and controlled. As if Johnie Jihad with no longer want to slaughter people if he can't wear a bullet proof vest. They must carry a 3x5 card of Administration talking points with them everywhere they go.

Boolit Grand Master
    its very sad indeed
    I saw a news clip on Obama and the first thing out of his
    mouth was gun control.Should we take ol Hillary's approach and
    shower the perp's with sunshine and lollypop's
    both of them for that matter all politicians that have armed security
    give it up send them home then talk about gun control
    Cali has the strictest gun laws / and where did this happen?
    I saw all the cops carrying ar's and none of them went on a wild shooting spree
    What up Obama?Might be level headed Americans don't do those things,not sure just a guess.
    It is a terrible thing that happened and I wish those families that lost love ones peace
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

A federal law enforcement official said that there were two assault weapons found in the suspects’ SUV — AR15 style rifles. There were also two pistols found in the SUV. Investigators are tracing the weapons to determine if they were legally purchased, where, when and by whom.

Place your bets - How many think it will be fully compliant 10 round magazine Kali-regulated bullet button AR? How many think they will be made from 80% DIY lowers with all the evil features that are legal in "free" states? And those evil pistols that were not used in the initial murders, are they Kali-DOJ approved "safe" pistols.

When will the media learn it's not the tool but the tool wielder... Instead of the "tactical vest" or "bullet proof" vest it's the hate speech of Islam - which cleric's orders was his marching orders?

Latest update from ATF
    ATF tells CNN that one of the guns used in the shooting was legally purchased and traces back to someone believe to be connect with the shooting. The agency would not disclose the name of the purchaser.
    Now question is was it one of the rifles or handguns?
    Last edited by Artful; 12-03-2015 at 08:00 AM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    These two were Muslims, and the police suspected it was Islamic terrorism in the first hour after the shooting. Didn't hear that on CBS news yesterday, big surprise. Instead they time and again blamed it on the gun.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Yep, nothing but mass shooting talk; not calling it what it was: a terrorist act. A Mooslim and his Saudi Mooslim wife. They decided to attack people he worked with instead of random victims, so they'll call it a workplace mass shooting now. This is why it's a bad idea to import tens and hundreds of thousands of so called refugees from the middle east. No matter how well you vet them, they can become radicalized. I'll bet his wife that he brought in two years ago from the middle east helped to radicalize the idiot. Nothing but gun control talk on the "news" this morning. This is bad all the way around, but especially for the victims of these jihadi psychos.
    Last edited by Prospector Howard; 12-03-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post

Place your bets - How many think it will be fully compliant 10 round magazine Kali-regulated bullet button AR? How many think they will be made from 80% DIY lowers with all the evil features that are legal in "free" states? And those evil pistols that were not used in the initial murders, are they Kali-DOJ approved "safe" pistols.

When will the media learn it's not the tool but the tool wielder... Instead of the "tactical vest" or "bullet proof" vest it's the hate speech of Islam - which cleric's orders was his marching orders?

Latest update from ATF

Now question is was it one of the rifles or handguns?
    It's not a question of "when will the media learn it's not the tool, but the tool wielder..." The media knows this and sees no benefit in publishing the truth. They publish whatever will please the current administration and assure continued access to the political movers and shakers.

Media is little more than a propaganda machine for whomever currently has the most political leverage. Unfortunately history has shown that those with the most political power are oft times also the most corrupt.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

So this is what the clown in the White House also said (after he already knew of the attack in CA), without knowing who carried out the attack. He has to be the most brain damaged idiot to ever occupy DC. This also leads me to think that we'll never know the real truth about what motive was. If it was a true terrorist ISIS linked attack, they'll bury the facts and it'll just be a workplace mass shooting blaming the guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u6s3Do9n_A
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.

308W but who knows when, where or who shot it. As it is by itself, I assume a 'spoof'. No 'evidence' tag like you see on TV.
    Whatever!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-bern...ought-legally/
    ATF: All 4 guns used by San Bernardino suspects bought legally

Last Updated Dec 3, 2015 10:23 AM EST

All four guns used by the suspects in the deadly San Bernardino shooting have been traced and they were all purchased legally, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives confirmed Thursday.

CBS News' Paula Reid reports that two of the guns were purchased by someone who is already known by investigators.

Meredith Davis of the ATF says investigators are now working to make a connection to the last legal purchaser. She says all four guns were bought four years ago but she's not saying whether they were purchased out of state or how and when they got into the hands of the two shooters.

Davis says California requires paperwork when guns change hands privately but many other states don't. She also says the rifles involved were .223-caliber - powerful enough to pierce the standard protective vest worn by police officers, and some types of ammo can even plow through walls.

The ATF told CBS News that the traces of the guns were completed within a couple of hours of the request being submitted.

Late Wednesday night, San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan identified the suspects as Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27. They were believed to be the only shooters and both were killed during a shootout with police.

Burguan says the suspects were wearing "assault-style clothing" and were both armed with assault rifles and handguns.

The suspects were wearing tactical-style clothing that was "loaded with magazines for a gunfight," Davis said.

Davis said the suspects also threw a thick-gauge copper pipe out of the SUV, but no explosives were found inside.

The fake pipe bomb was equipped with a piece of material made to look like a wick.
    OK, so where's the eye witness'd 3rd shooter? Have they arrested the straw purchaser or are these maybe some of the "fast and furious" mexico guns - not releasing more info as usual - but look for a push to have all states adopt private purchased firearms having to go thru dealers in the future.
    Last edited by Artful; 12-03-2015 at 01:28 PM.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...202-story.html

San Bernardino shooting: Dramatic video shows police storming Inland Regional Center

Dorothy Vong, a nurse at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, recorded this video around 11 a.m. to send to her husband, thinking it was a active-shooter drill.

Paloma EsquivelContact Reporter

At first, Dorothy Vong assumed it was a drill -- just like all the others at her work.
    At the Inland Regional Center, where she’s a nurse, the staff works with clients and parents of clients who are sometimes angry. They have active-shooter drills every month or so.
    “Drill started,” she texted her husband, Mark, around 11 a.m.
    She walked to a window nearby and filmed a video as law enforcement sprinted toward the building.

“Oh, that is scary,” a voice says calmly in the background.
    “They’re all geared up!” someone else says. “Rifles and everything!”
    In the background, someone laughs -- they still didn’t know.
    Then the reality set in.
    She texted her husband again: “Well it’s real.”

Fourteen people were killed when two attackers opened fire at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino.

And then a few minutes later, another message: “We’re in a locked office.”
    Mark Vong said he told his wife to stay calm and not to panic.
    “They train for this,” he said, standing outside a police barricade Wednesday afternoon. “They know it’s going to happen.
    Live updates: Syed Farook named as a suspect in attack that killed 14

The shooter or shooters who attacked the center apparently opened fire on a Christmas party being held by county employees, federal law enforcement sources and a witness told the Los Angeles Times.
    The shooting, which left at least 14 injured and at least 14 dead, happened on the grounds of the Inland Regional Center, which serves people with developmental disabilities in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    I don't think that you will find much sympathy for the idea of "stop and search" in most of the US (i.e. the parts of the US that are not already populated by a vast majority of sheep).

And you were probably doing OK in your comparisons until you mentioned Oklahoma. That was not terrorism, that was a retaliatory strike in response to a government manufactured incident. Maybe a misguided response, but I do not think that it should technically be classified as terrorism. No more so than when we target command and control centers and end up with collateral damages.
    In what way was Oklahoma not an act of terrorism since many innocents where targeted that day. I would say that anyone who perpetrates an act like that should be categorised as a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Col4570 View Post
    In what way was Oklahoma not an act of terrorism since many innocents where targeted that day. I would say that anyone who perpetrates an act like that should be categorised as a terrorist.
    Oklahoma bombing most certainly was Terrorism
    ter·ror·ism
    ˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]

• the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

[/COLOR]
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

If you look it is objectively, I believe that an argument could be made that it was not terrorism. The killing on innocents in and of itself does not make it terrorism. Is the US guilty of terrorism when we kill innocents (who are only guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time) when we target the Taliban / ISIS camel-shaggers? I just don't see where McVeigh's purpose was terrorism as opposed to just a targeted response against what he considered a "valid military target". From what I've read, McVeigh apparently turned down certain potential targets because of there being a potential for too many civilian (i.e. non-military, non-government) casualties.
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 12-05-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Boolit Master
    No nation can tolerate an enemy within ,therefore any who use violence as opposed to the Ballot box are traitors to the populace and can be regarded as Terrorists in my opinion.Not that I wish to involve myself with U.S politics but I would think that it would apply in any free society.

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    I'm ordering three more stripped lowers in the morning.
    I wound up getting 5 stripped Anderson lowers @ $55 each out the door from my LGS. Put them on lay away. My Christmas present to me.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Some good stuff in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIE1kWqQvsk

No nation can tolerate an enemy within ,therefore any who use violence as opposed to the Ballot box are traitors to the populace and can be regarded as Terrorists in my opinion.Not that I wish to involve myself with U.S politics but I would think that it would apply in any free society.
    When redress of grievance to those in power no longer works(the ballot box is broken or the monarch chooses to ignore the colony) then revolution is sometimes needed to set a new course in Gov't. If a few of our founding fathers had not acted like terrorists(think Boston tea party) then we would still be a colony...even so I can see since you call England home why you would have the view point that you do. Are you looking forward to the day when Charles rules the empire? Ohh that's right you don't get to vote on that one do you.
    Last edited by StolzerandSons; 12-04-2015 at 04:08 PM.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    The finally showed the photos on the news. they used a couple of AR 15's chambered in .223. news guy said they were obviously terrorists because they had over 5000 rounds/bullets in their house...
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Prosperctor Howard...great clip.

In summary:

Attachment 154848
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The meetings will continue until we find out why we can't get anything done around here. NRA Life Member, Illinois State Rifle Assoc., Chillicothe Sportsmans Club.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast