Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
Thank you for the info. I just started using imp. Wax a cuppel years ago and thought it was great so this should be real great .just sent a PM to randyrat .this is a nice bunch of fellas on this sight. Thanks agan
You can make your own version of Imperial Wax by mixing Vaseline and any wax (I prefer Beeswax) . You have to do a trial and error for the amount of Vaseline to add to get the near the consistancy of Imperial Wax. Depending on type of wax you use will determine how much Vaseline you have to use. Remember use little Vaseline at first and if you have to add more remelt and do so.

On leaving lube on the cases and shooting them I believe we all know or have heard that both your cartridges and chambers should be void of any lubricant. The reason for this is that it puts less thrust on the bolt because the case obturates to the chamber upon firing and grips it tightly. Yes there have been firearms in the past that had to use lubricated cartridges. The Type 99 Japanese machine gun is the first one that comes to mind.