Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Lee 358-125-RF for 9mm?

Lee 358-125-RF for 9mm?

I have this mold I bought for .38's & .357's, but is there any reason I can't use it in my 9mm Luger autoloaders too? I made a dozen test rounds, sized .358 and seated to the top of the crimp groove to clear the leade. Pistol cycles them fine, haven't shot any yet. 125-128gr over 4.0gr of W231.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

No, it should do fine. You may want to lower your starting load a bit, I don't have a manual handy but isn't around 4.3 grains of 231 max for a 125 gr bullet. I may be wrong just going by memory. It never hurts to start low and work up with something you're not sure about.

Vann

Many people do this and have excellent results with it. You should be fine with it.

Boolit Master
    It should be ok. Show us a picture of the loaded round.

Boolit Master

My favorite load for the Lee 356 124 is 4gr of 231, shoots and cycles well in 3 of my nines so I can't imagine it not working well for you.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    yup they will work. I shot a bunch of them in my 9's until I got a new mold.

Cool, thanks! That's exactly what my rounds look like too. I had to seat them again, to the top of the crimp groove. Had 'em crimped in the middle of the groove and they were contacting the rifling and sticking. Cycle fine now.

"Moderator Emeritus"

That's the boolit I run in my 9mms. I use blue Dot, and it works fine.
    Krag35

I have never met a dishonest dog.

Expatriate, in my own country.

Quote Originally Posted by krag35 View Post
    That's the boolit I run in my 9mms. I use blue Dot, and it works fine.
    Awesome, glad to hear it! Good to know I can use one mold across three calibers. Thanks all!

Boolit Mold
    This is the boolit that I was finally able to get to work in my 9's CZ and Baretta 92 had to load short for the CZ's. The main issue I found was making an case expander to open the case far enough to not swedge the boo lit down and maintain a .358 after seating and pulling a boolit.

Boolit Grand Master

Lee 358-125-RF for 9mm?

Yep.

Use starting load. I think I backed mine off 5%. This boolit sits deeper in the case.
    shoots very well for me. 4.2 gr Unique IIRC.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

As all the fellers above answered, yep, a good 9mm bullet. I have a Lee 6 hole mold that I use and feed all my .38s, .357 Mag., and 9mms. Some stay plain old lead and some are PCed (mine are red too! )...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I bought that mold a couple of years ago just to try in the 9mm. Unfortunately, when the mold arrived it was a complete disaster. Either it was made on a Monday or after a long office party . . . misaligned cavities, alignment pins not installed correctly . . . a real mess. I finally gave up on it after Lee tried to tell me it was "my fault". (I emailed photos of it to the vendor and they passed them on. I was so #@$%@# I refused to send it back on my dime and just "wrote it off".)

That's a good looking boolit though and I would think it would work great as others have said. It's nice when you have a boolit that will serve a multi purpose in the 9mm as well as 38s, 357s, etc.