Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Bigfoot story?

Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, there's nothing today that can't be turned into a scam. But at least some serious scientists are engaged in separating the wheat from the chaff now. Where will it all lead? Who knows? I don't. I'm just glad some honest and unbiased scientists are working on it. Sure beats just writing such a long-standing and persistent phenomena as simply "superstition." And I promise you, spend one night in the swamps, and you WILL take it a LOT more seriously! Guaranteed! Whether you'd admit it or not is another question, of course.

If it's never found, speculation will go on indefinitely. If good scientific evidence IS found, though, it'd solve a mystery that has spanned centuries. I'd like to see it solved, and the only way to do that is prove they actually exist. Tough situation, obviously, and I can't believe some of the idiots, like the BFRO on TV, who go out looking for them totally unarmed! If Bigfoot meant anyone any harm, I think those folks would have become scat long ago, with all their inane shenanigans and approaches! It's obvious there's not a real hunter among them. But real hunters would be very boring to watch on TV, so .... we get what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Yeah, there's nothing today that can't be turned into a scam. But at least some serious scientists are engaged in separating the wheat from the chaff now. Where will it all lead? Who knows? I don't. I'm just glad some honest and unbiased scientists are working on it. Sure beats just writing such a long-standing and persistent phenomena as simply "superstition." And I promise you, spend one night in the swamps, and you WILL take it a LOT more seriously! Guaranteed! Whether you'd admit it or not is another question, of course.

If it's never found, speculation will go on indefinitely. If good scientific evidence IS found, though, it'd solve a mystery that has spanned centuries. I'd like to see it solved, and the only way to do that is prove they actually exist. Tough situation, obviously, and I can't believe some of the idiots, like the BFRO on TV, who go out looking for them totally unarmed! If Bigfoot meant anyone any harm, I think those folks would have become scat long ago, with all their inane shenanigans and approaches! It's obvious there's not a real hunter among them. But real hunters would be very boring to watch on TV, so .... we get what we get.
    Their existence is proof that Bigfoot has a sense of humor!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    I knew a guy that claimed Bigfoot threw rocks at him. Same guy also liked to eat shrooms just about every time he went into the woods.
    "I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Boolit Master

Most people claim to see a creature that is 8 to 10 foot tall, and weighing 600 to 800 pounds, walking upright on two legs.

The "claimed" footprints are usually 12 to 14 inches in length.

My question is if this size creature were just standing on two feet, that is 400 pounds on each foot. When walking or running, this could be up to 800 pounds on just one foot. Even with a foot that is 12 to 14 inches long, that is one large amount of weight pressing down into the woodland soil. IF, and I say IF, this creature or a group of creatures were in the area, there would have to be a large number of footprints left in their passing. And when going up or down slopes, hills, or mountains like we have here in WV, this size creature would surely tear up and disturb a lot of ground when traveling.

My point is this, it would have to leave a lot of footprints, torn up sod, etc wherever it traveled. 800 pounds or so pressing down on two feet has to disturb the soft forest ground.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Not that I'm likely to ever be anywhere that I might encounter one, and be armed at the same time, but I couldn't shoot one just because I saw it. If it was attacking me and I was fearing for my life, then that's a different story and all bets are off. I'd shoot one with my Nikon in a heartbeat though!

Moderator Emeritus

All that's true of many prints, Hickock, but some of the big ones go up to 16" and more, and there's nothing but our imagination to suggest how big their bones are in those feet. The tracks are generally wider and more squared, also, which gives them more sq. in. to spread the wt. over. It'll always be an intriguing question to some, and a source of humor and denial for others. That's just how we humans work in these matters. And nobody knows which of us is "right," if you could call it that, about their existence or non-existence. All I know to do in those situations is to wait and see what develops.

And some seem to think they're supernatural or from another dimension, or all sorts of even more mysterious things! Add it all together and it's no wonder why some are so cynically agnostic about it. They certainly have their reasons as well as the believers. I'll always be somewhere in the middle, and frankly, mystified by it all, I think. But then, I'm not averse to a good mystery, and I like my questions to be settled with good, solid knowledge, and in the absence of that, as in the case of Bigfoot, for one instance, I just accept the reports as reports, if they're from seemingly "normal" folks, and the questions of the skeptics with equal, if opposite, credibility. I think there are a lot of folks like me in this, but very few speak of it, since anyone who speaks of Bigfoot in either direction seems to get a lot of counters, and most folks probably (and properly?) figure they just don't need all that.

In the absence of real, concrete reason, all one CAN do legitimately is just wait for the real answers and evidence. That's just my view, of course. I think we play with this idea of Bigfoot like a kitten plays with a ball of yarn, just to see if there's something we can make of it?

Since if tbey are real Bigfoot is not going to march into a Game Wardens office so there is only one way to PROVE Bigfoot exists.

A body.

Bigfoot terrorized our quonset hut late one night at the San Diego MCRD. (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) We had been there for some time and were ready the following week to transfer up to Camp Pendleton for rifle range training.
    One of the younger fellas was whispering his concerns over walking guard duty up there without live rounds for the M14, he had heard stories of Bigfoot in California and was seriously concerned.
    We are supposed to be sleeping after taps and being quiet, 'no exceptions'...well, before long about 1/2 of the fellas were trying to console him and the other 1/2 were just baiting him with outlandish stories...it got a little too loud.
    It wasn't too long and the lights come on followed by the drill instructor in his skivvies, hat on wearing unlaced boots and ranting and cussing to the top of his voice. He was really funny to see dressed like that but the 'hell' he brought in with him that night quickly dispelled the humor in his appearance...we paid the price for the fun time we were having at the moment and the next day the entire platoon paid the price for our having a good time razzing that kid.

So...you can see here, through my well thought out reasoning that Bigfoot must be real...after all, he terrorized the entire platoon before it was all over.

If you speak of Bigfoot...I'd suggest you whisper!

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Bigfoot was my drill instructor. He wore a size 14 Corcoran Jump Boot. If I saw him in the woods today I would shake his hand.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

You got that right, Hickok. Unless it posed a threat, i would not shoot it.

Moderator Emeritus

Markbo, your right, and obviously so. There are enough folks out now looking for them that maybe one will be offended enough to eat them, and leave us some scat with DNA in it to identify them, but ... probably not. If some of the idjits I see are out there "hunting" for Bigfoot, and THEY haven't been eaten yet, Bigfoot obviously must not like the taste of "white meat."

So a body's almost surely going to be the only way to PROVE its existence, and frankly, I don't expect a body to turn up any time soon. Most folks can't even really hunt deer any more! Not really. There's so many deer around now that if you climb a tree and stay still, you'll likely get a shot. If you can shoot, you'll eat venison. Even caliber makes little difference if you can shoot, except maybe to stretch effective range.

But there are some at least experienced hunters out there, and who knows? Maybe one MIGHT get lucky???? Or really unlucky, and we'd have their remains as scat, and possibly get some DNA from them in that? Either way, it'll be interesting to watch this freak show. Beats what's usually on TV!

Boolit Buddy
    About 1977 when I was a deputy sheriff in S.W. Fla I took a report where a guy said a bigfoot leveled his chicken coop. It was leveled, no doubt about that. I guess a bear could have done it but from what he said it was done much faster than what you would have thought a bear would do it. What ever it was it sure did scare the guy.It scared him enough that he went to Western Auto the next day and bought a Winchester 94 on a Western Auto charge account.

I used to run my girls in a large chicken tractor until one night a medium sized black bear took a swipe at it and opened up the side big enough to walk in and grab one of the girls. The others quit laying for a month or so, traumatized I suppose.
    I put a sign up on the front pasture gate...'Bigfoots Unwelcome'...worked great, haven't seen a one of them around here!

Moderator Emeritus

Yep. Apparently, they're so darn smart they can READ!!!

Blackwater I watched some Bigfoot special - not a weekly show - that some scientist that sai he was not a believer decided he was going to get proof. He got samples from all over the country. Hair, scat, skin... all kinds of stuff. All from people tbat claimed to have seen one "with their own two eyes!".

Every single DNA test revealed other animals. Bear, horse, coyote.... but no Primate. And these from people that swore they saw it. Makes me not trust peoes judgement in the woods. I have been in tbe woods 1000s of times and dusk and dawn and I have seen all kinds of bizzare stuff that in tbat bad light I would swear was real - except I know it wasnt. Bears, moose, wolves, elves...once a 300-400 lb toad!

I think those people just havent realized yet they can see stuff that isnt really there.

Moderator Emeritus

Could be, Markbo, but most of that "evidence" wasn't taken in accord with real investigative protocols, so it'd be questionable anyway. And you just KNOW that the believers will claim it's all a conspiracy to lull folks back to sleep on the issue. It sometimes gets comical at the give and take on the subject. Me? I'm out in the peanut gallery with a big tub of popcorn, enjoying the show. Like I said, better than most of the stuff on TV these days! Isn't it funny how we live in the "Age of Information," and this is the best we can do?

And BTW guys, this has been the best (only one IIRC) thread on bigfoot I've ever seen. Nobody's called anybody a fool or liar, and it's been pretty peacable! Hard to find a thread on Bigfoot like that these days. I don't know what makes the subject so emotionally charged, unless it's just a result of the general mood in the country now, but it's refreshing to see some humor and comraderie in the discussion. Hard to find that these days, but always of value.

Boolit Master

I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Bruce...​"that ain't no Bigfoot on that rock...that's my mother-in-law!"

Moderator Emeritus

It's nice to see a real sense of humor about it all. If I ever see one, that might change, but unless and until I do, it's just a cute lil' ol' mystery to me. And Bruce, we had a perfectly peacable thread going, and THEN you go and interject the Hildabeast into it! Shame on you!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast