Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Bigfoot story?

In Remembrance
    Just had to try some looking around on Youtube, and found this small bit from the Suvivorman episode I mentioned in that earlier post. There are quite a few variations of this one there, plus some other related videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOjOGizKX0

BTW, Stroud's Bigfooting friend is Todd Standing.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for posting the link.
    Thought-provoking stuff and I hope this stuff is proved or disproved some day. Until then I can't accept a sustainable population leaving no conclusive evidence of its existence for so long.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Buddy

I took my ex mother inlaw camping with us one time. She went out at night to get her water bottle, and all I heard the next day from all the campers around us was, "I saw big foot last night with a water bottle"

Boolit Master

I have never had an encanter of anykind but if the picture on Suviorman is real I don't believe I could pull the trigger unless I felt really threatened too human looking.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

I wont claim it was "bigfoot" but when I was about 16 or 17 I was in my mom and dads living room staring out the big picture window, at dusk, and I saw a Human like creature about a foot taller than me(6'4'') walk through my front yard across the street, and into the woods. now I like in the tri-state of OH and WV (Ashland KY) and about 3 weeks later "Bigfoot" was sighted about 40 miles away with hair samples and everything like that...

43PU

Boolit Bub
    Yeah, here in Pa. we had a bigfoot sighting, it was at my house! Smallest set of shoes in the house when my sons still lived @ home were a 15, which were mine. Next was a 16 and then an 18. Sorry, just added a bit of jocularity. By the way, I truely do believe in a Bigfoot. Coogs.

Perma-Banned
    Ever heard of the book Bigfoot and Nessie? My dad and I personally know the guys in one of the stories in that little book, my dad confronted them about it in a bar one night (very small town, everyone knows everyone!) they fully admitted it was a lie, they made up the story on there way out of a highland alpine mountain lake and was gonna run with the story for awhile and before it got to far out of hand tell the truth, as figured the word got out and a news crew showed up to interview them, they told my dad they were caught between a rock and hard place, either tell the truth or lie? They chose to lie, so that whole convoluted story is total garbage BS! I lived in western Wa for 38 years, I am as avid of an outdoorsman as I know, I hiked in to high land lakes and camped several nights at a time since I was 10 or 12 years old, I have climbed all over them mountains after blacktail deer every year, I logged and fell timber for a living, picked morel mushrooms, anything outdoors I was in it! In my 38 years I never once seen anything that resembled the so called Bigfoot, nor had anyone else I knew over there, even an old man that made a living in the early to mid 1900s trapping and living from one cabin to another in the middle of nowhere the entire winter, I was friends with him from childhood to the day he died, I always said if there was such a thing as Bigfoot old man Fred Bryson would of had a toe or finger from one on keychain, that ole boy seen a million miles of country in his life, but he somehow missed Bigfoot in all his travels? Bigfoot is a COMPLETE joke!!! that's my opinion anyway and I'm sticking to it

Ive seen that video before. It looks 100% fake to me. It looks like really good costume/makeup and nothing more. Like when you see cgi animals...you can just tell when they're fake you know? My SO hates when I watch it but I laugh hard at the Bigfoot chasers on TV talking about "classic bigfoot behavior". Uh....no its not. They're just making stuff up to explain a story kine - that they made up!

Not until there is evidence​ and in all the years of sightings there is no actual evidence. Footprints are super easy to fake and eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable - ask any cop or prosecutor.

Until there is evidence, i.e. a body, they do not exist. Its a modern day myth, nothing more. Even hair/dna would work. But every hair sample ever tested that the gatherer swears is from a bigfoot turns out to be from a horse, bear, canid, etc. People want to believe. But there is no real evidence, let alone proof. None.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
    Ive seen that video before. It looks 100% fake to me. It looks like really good costume/makeup and nothing more. Like when you see cgi animals...you can just tell when they're fake you know? My SO hates when I watch it but I laugh hard at the Bigfoot chasers on TV talking about "classic bigfoot behavior". Uh....no its not. They're just making stuff up to explain a story kine - that they made up!

Not until there is evidence​ and in all the years of sightings there is no actual evidence. Footprints are super easy to fake and eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable - ask any cop or prosecutor.

Until there is evidence, i.e. a body, they do not exist. Its a modern day myth, nothing more. Even hair/dna would work. But every hair sample ever tested that the gatherer swears is from a bigfoot turns out to be from a horse, bear, canid, etc. People want to believe. But there is no real evidence, let alone proof. None.
    EXACTLY!! Total myth BS!!!

In Remembrance

They are like Leprechauns, they just `POP out of the ground` and disappear just as fast. Now if we were talking about the Yeti in the Himalayas, then that is a different story altogether for sightings.Robert

Yeeeeaaahhhh.... No. No its not. The village in Nepal that has a hand and a scalp of a "Yeti" have been proven by dna analysis to be the hand of a man and the scalp of a bear.

Just watched a show called "Bigfoot: The new evidence". Lots of people saying they saw one. One fellah with 56 trailcams in the woods in NW somewhere - @ $600 each according to him. Not a single pic but he got some hair that is "definitely" Sasquatch.

Dna analysis proved is was a black bear.

Perma-Banned
    I'm a firm believer if you have a 'Bigfoot story' that is PRECISELY what you have, a 'story'

Sharpsman
    Yes!

I'd like to put my #14 combat boot up Bernie Sanders and Hitlery's ***!

That good enuff??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Win94ae View Post
    Bigfoot is a myth, he is actually a size 10.

I'd like to own a pair of hunting boots that left tracks like this.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I have never seen one, but I have big feet does that count? ��

Man, I saw a new bigfoot chaser show the other day that was totally beyond stupid. Don't know the name of it but it had this shaggy, longhaired crew of old snaggletoothed inbreds stomping through the woods with headlamps, making enough noise and high-pitched girly jabbering to scare away everything for a mile around. Showed some "rivals" supposedly winching a bigfoot body wrapped in a blanket onto a trailer, while they squealed "they's a-stealing OUR bigfoot!!!" No mention of all the floodlights illuminating the "thieves" for the camera. Most ridiculous show I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I'd like to own a pair of hunting boots that left tracks like this.
    Start carving!!

Moderator Emeritus

I know one fellow who reportedly saw one when he was much younger in E. Texas' Big Thicket. This guy is a real straight arrow, and if you could see the look in his eyes when he talks about it, which is rare, it's eminently believable, and he'd be one I could trust (not many of those around!) to know a real 'squatch from some guy in a suit. He and his girlfriend were exploring each others' virtues, when he looked up, and saw one squatting only maybe 15 yds. from the car. He was stopped stock dead still from the shock (exactly what I'd expect myself to do if I ever saw one) and then jumped naked behind the wheel, cranked the car and sped off. The girl was rather shocked herself, but never saw it (not in the right position) and was mystified and miffed at the same time.

My eldest uncle, an old FL cowboy who was 71 the last time he rode his beloved old horse on an annual roundup. The subject came up once, and he, a knower of all sorts of ourdoor lore, and the absolute best shotgun shot I've ever known (I actually think he could have shot with Bogardus or some of the best of today's exhibition shooters and not been at all embarassed), told of an account of the neighbor across the road from our old home place missing pigs from his pen back behind the house in the woods. He took to sneaking in, hoping to catch the thieves, and one day, came upon a very tall, hairy "man-like creature" with a pig under each arm step over a std. fence wire pen's fence. Those fences avg. @ 4' tall. The pigs would probably have gone @ 150 lbs. each. Old man Julius, who the story told of, was nobody's fool, and was a very dour type man who never kidded about ANYTHING. I'd known him before he died, and he almost never even cracked a smile. And he was very much a hand to the grindstone type of guy. This made it all believable to me, especially when Uncle Titus made that face that he always did when he was absolutely sincere in the telling of a true story. He was always one to not let a good story suffer if he could embelish it a bit, but he'd always let you know when he was doing that. On this occasion, he was, in my experience, VERY truthful about it. He was always one of the most scrupulus men I've ever known.

I once got out of the boat on a hill in the big woods at the river to take a dump, and soon after getting situated, I smelled an awful smell, kind'a like the "wet dog and rotten something or other (heavy with methane and maybe a little amonia)" that I've heard about since then, and had the eeriest feeling that I was being watched, and that whatever/whoever it was did NOT want me there! I have no explanation for it, but I was absolutely convinced that SOMETHING was there, watching me, and was not at all pleased. I finished up and calmly walked back to the bank and called to Dad to come get me. Once in the boat and away from the bank a ways, I told him what I'd experienced. He just raised his eyes, and didn't say a thing. He was an old marine, and wasn't much afraid of anything, but I thought I saw some concern in his eyes.

In my neck of the woods, they used to be called "wildmen" here, and there've been sightings by folks you could trust your life to. That's what makes me tend to think the stories, or at least some of them, are believable.

After all, remember when the Apache and other "injuns" could hide in great numbers, and the army couldn't find them if they didn't want to be found? How much easier would it be for a very intelligent huge man-ape with senses of smell, hearing and sight beyond our own, to hide among us in the nocturnal woods? I've seen folks walk right by many things and not notice them. Most "moderns" don't have very good (any for most of them) "woods eyes," and could miss a 'squatch if it was standing still only 20 yds. from them. This is NOT an exaggeration in many cases, but not in all. And if a creature like that wanted to, it would be VERY difficult to get a glimpse of. I've only seen two long-tailed cats in my native area. They were both at night, and I'm certain one was tawny, but one couild easily have been black - the legendary "black panther" that is a local will of the wisp. That's in a whole lifetime (well over 50 years) of spending as much time in the woods as I could, every chance I got, hunting or fishing or just exploring. An intelligent man-ape? Who knows? I'd say it's possible. But believe? I tend toward belief, but for something like this, I can't say I really believe, either. With all the interest in Bigfoot now, sightings and stories, both legitimate (if any?) and made up or hoaxes will likely increase. And with so many suffering such heartless aspersions as are typically cast at them (including my buddy from E. Texas at the campfire), who knows how many sightings might have occured that have never been recorded? Would you sound off about it if you saw one? I'm not sure I would, except to my buddy from E. Texas maybe?

Would I shoot one? I doubt it, unless it acted aggressively toward me. Most likely I'd fire a shot in the air to scare it away.

And BTW, from what I've heard about them, they have amazing night vision naturally - probably more rods than cones in their retinas, that could make their eyes glow in the moonlight, as has been reported often. And if their pupils opened up unusually large, that would also augment the effect.

And what kind of hunter might you and I be if we had amazing senses of smell and hearing? And how stealthily could we move in the woods if we could stand to do it in our bare feet? Put all this together, and .... who knows? There've been many animals that people thought were myths. Gorillas are but one example. And look at the Coelecanth (sp?) that was found in very deep water off Africa not long ago, that was thought extinct for many thousands of years!

We "moderns" like to slap ourselves on the back and congratulate ourselves that we know all that's worth knowing, but ... if there's EVER been a myth, THAT has to be the biggest one EVER, doesn't it? It might suit us to believe it, but ..... really?

Ultimately, though, this will never be settled unless and until someone turns up with a real body that'll stand up to DNA testing. I can understand those who try to hunt to kill one to prove their existence, and I can understand that maybe if they DID prove their existence to be real, that maybe it'd be a good thing for whatever population there might be of them.

And if it's totally fictitious, and the product of misidentifications, excitability, and whatever else might be in play, then it's certainly a darn good story to discuss around the campfire ..... UNLESS of course you've seen one and don't much cotton to being ribbed about it, like my buddy from E. Texas! But what's life without a little ribbing to keep us humble?

I often put my "Big Foot" in my mouth ... and that's no myth!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast