Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Bigfoot story?

In Remembrance
    I would never in a million years deny anythings existence because I have not seen one, but because nobody ever in this whole world has ever found concrete proof that they exist, I have a hard time believing it. This even more so now than ever before, as people all over the country are jumping on the soap box and claiming they are seeing them, if they were so wide spread someone, somewhere, would have accidently found proof.

I have heard from people in bear country that they have seen only a few bears in their entire lives, but there is CLEAR video of bears all the time and physical evidence. Neither of which is true of BF. I think they are 100% misidentification and hoaxes as despite all the claims, there still is zero physical evidence. Zero.

In Remembrance
    Well folks, I hate to admit it, but this sighting and impending lawsuit proves I have been wrong all along.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/02/...alifornia.html

Boolit Bub
    Back in the 60's, when I was a young child, my moonshining Uncle made a pair of Bigfoot feet made of wood to scare off people from around his still. He made tons of tracks all around the area and nobody would go near that place. He stopped making whiskey but stored the feet in his tool shed. One day one of his sons and friends found them. They thought it would be fun to use them to scare the local population by putting next to homes, barns and such. Well it got out and they had people from all over coming there to hunt down and kill them a Bigfoot. They thought it was hilarious !
    One day they had just made some tracks, down to and across a creek, when a car load of hunters slammed on the brakes, jumped out and started to try and track down " that ****ed big Bigfoot that just crossed that creek". That scared them, cuz and friends, to death and put a stop to their fun time.

I was told year ago around here in Iowa that there was one around and the people was trying all ways to get it on film. I was told that some had set up a cooler with food in it thinking that it would take the bait.he one told me about it ask the park ranger about for what he found in the woods. The park ranger told him about the bigfoot thing that was going on.You never know what will come out next. because there been bear sight around here also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Bub
    I think there all hiding in the NBA

Boolit Master
    theres one in vermilion bay right by the hwy

Boolit Buddy

"We're not on drugs.", I said abruptly trying to regain some of our social status just lost from a simple question. Our delivery driver, whom we called by his first name and have spoke to on several occasions about the weather and other non consequential things you do with people you don't know well, backed up the steps of his brown truck, with his brown uniform, mouth open and eyes unblinking and glazed over. He didn't even shut the door, just drove off without saying a word. My wife and I looked at each other with that, What The Hell Just Happened, look.

Up until this moment I had described the events as they happened and people came to their own conclusions. I now know you do not come right out and say it. You allow the human brain time to slowly put the pieces together, especially if you live in the National Forest on a road where the delivery man may be the only person you talk to that week or see. But before this incident there were others.

I worked as one of the few non-Indian members of a tribal police department in the north west of America, not far from where I live now. A common thread among the five years I spent there was talk of The Bigfoots. At least this is how the departments secretary of 35 years, who was one of the few full blooded members of the tribe left, referred to them. She had seen two on two different occasions during broad daylight from our department building.

The valley of the main town we were based out of was sparsely vegetated. The rolling hills were tawny most of the year, the exceptions being during late spring and early summer and the draws that retained some moisture and along the small river that wandered through the valley. Many adventures did I have in this valley.

Our secretary spoke of the times she saw, The Bigfoots, when the subject came up. The stories were always the same, she was headed out of our department building to bring papers to another department and looking up on the hill just over 200 yards away could see the creature moving swiftly up the hill, looking over it's shoulder briefly, several times at her. Brief, distant encounters that lit up her eyes in recall and her mouth firm in its conviction of the matter.

If you were from the area you would know it goes without saying that the people of this area are very familiar with all types of game and we regularly saw people walking on this hill for exercise. I of course made every effort to look up there while on day shift but I never made contact.

When you are part of a smaller department you handle nearly all aspects of an arrest. From arriving on scene, investigating, making the arrest, driving the suspect to jail, in our case an hour away in the mountains to an even smaller town than ours, then back an hour to type out a report. During lean times you picked the person up for their initial appearance at court in the morning. Because of the arrangement with the county jails we also were responsible for getting our inmates to doctor appointments and emergency room visits. It was one of those nights. I was asked to go up to the jail where we housed our long term inmates and take a man that was complaining of chest pains to the emergency room.

A man had escaped a few weeks prior to this with the aid of an inattentive officer from the same hospital. Had the jail thought this was a serious complaint and not a copycat attempt, the ambulance would have been called and I would have met them at the hospital. I drove the hour up, drove him another hour to another small town to the hospital. I cuffed one arm to the bed, then the other and rechecked the hobbles. I sat with him while he told me what a horrible person I was because of my race, occupation and just the fact that I was alive. I listened not judging, for there but by the grace of God go I and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Twenty minutes of a great oration on all of my deficiencies as a human being. I listened attentively for this was no drunk tirade I have heard hundreds of times from every age, gender and race but a sober parlance. After ten minutes the level of hate started to leave his voice. I expressed my hope that his situation would soon turn for the better. This angered him and ten more minutes went by as he tapered to a calm. His shoulders relaxed, he stared out trance like, calmed by the opportunity to express himself completely without judgment. The hospital room seemed to shrink as he asked me if I had ever seen The Bigfoots?

I said, No. He used this as confirmation that his address a score of minutes ago was correct. I did not have the character to be allowed to see The Bigfoots. Yet he told me of the migration that happens with these nomadic humanoids to certain reservations that shall remain nameless. During these gatherings a fire ring of torches are erected with the Indian people on the inside and the hairy ones coming from without to meet around the ring. Part of the ritual is the touching of finger to finger. I had a vision of Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam but was shaken from it as I was rebuffed for being inadequate to be in their presence. Several hours later he was back in jail and I headed home.

I heard stories of other incidents taking place on traditional gathering grounds. From things being thrown to noises being made that were not human nor animal. Years after I left the tribe I received a call from one of the officers.

He told me he had a sighting called in the night before. When he arrived he could hear strange sounds in the densely vegetated draw but saw nothing. Not to be out done by a creature that had avoided verifiable detection by all of mankind he signed out the departments night vision goggles and called me. The plan was to walk in to the last known position nose to wind, sit down and wait. I had just returned from the war and my need for adventure was nil. I appreciated the offer but passed. Nothing came of it anyway.

Several years ago we bought a modest place in a narrow river valley located in the National Forest. We are on one of the few flat places on the river other than the roads. You are either going up, way up or down from the road in to the river. There is a clearing on the west side of the house that goes 150 yards down river and it is 50 yards wide from the road. Everything else is trees and river. And in our second year, strange noises.

Within a mile of home or in the yard we have seen wolf, wolverine, fox, cougar, black bear and grizzly. Not to mention deer, elk, moose and lesser game. We are familiar with their calls and movements. It was late summer and the sun had left the valley, the thermals had reversed, pulling the last of the warm air down the draws and in to the valley. The cool mountain evening was beginning. I went to bed early and turned in listening to the rocky river from the open bedroom window. My wife stayed up and read in the living room by her open window until we heard the knocking.

Our place is small and raising your voice slightly is enough to be heard from one end to the other. I asked her what that noise was. As she was saying she didn't know, we heard it again. Our closest neighbor is a mile away in the other direction. People come to where we are to camp and get away from it all. I thought someone was screwing with us. I jumped out of bed and grabbed the Model 29 I had loaded with RCBS cast Keith Bullets and 18.5 grains of 2400, then a flashlight and went to the living room. We peered down at the end of the clearing to where we again heard a loud knocking, like someone taking a large green stick and banging it against a tree. Then it got closer and closer moving in the wood line towards the house quickly. Banging as it went.

When it got within 75 yards of the house I ran outside with flashlight and magnum, barefoot, boxer briefs and wife beater undershirt. I ran to a large Ponderosa near the wood line and listened. My American Terrier by my side and not anxious to leave it. Daylight ended and with the aid of the flashlight beam I saw nothing. I heard nothing else. I went back inside and after my wife told me how crazy I was we tried coming up with a few theories and shared our thoughts on what it sounded like. We agreed, banging on trees, hard.

The next morning I walked through the wood line trying to find something to explain last nights disturbance. I found what looked like the bed of animal but to big for moose or elk. It had no smell and no hairs I could find. I walked on looking at the trees to see if I could find some damaged branches or bark. I did but dismissed them as normal. We went on about our day and gave it no more thought. But we had another night to go through.

It was about three in the morning when we woke simultaneously. It was the most horrible smell I have smelled. Worse than anything my time on a farm produced like rotting flesh, rotting corn and beans, pig feed lots, etc. and all mixed with the smell of a skunk. My wife likes to tell that she woke and thought, 'What the hell did you eat that made you do that?'. We had no frame of reference. Closed the window and went back to sleep.

Oddly Bigfoot was not on my list of possibilities until I searched for bad smells and banging on trees on the Internet. I also picked up the term Skunk Ape, which I now prefer to use. I called my little brother back in the Midwest who was in to this Bigfoot stuff and I told him what we experienced. He came to the conclusion of a Bigfoot and he told me to look for a tee pee structure.

I walked through the wood line and half way between where we thought the noise started and where it ended I found myself staring at a five pole tee pee structure about 20 feet high. During my time at the tribe I spent enough time around and in a tee pee, to include setting up, to know what they look like. Even with my previous experiences I denied it could be such a structure, just chance these large dead trees came together like this.

For fun I started to tell nearly everyone we met. I always started at the beginning and by the end the person was saying, that sounds like Bigfoot. And all was well until the UPS guy showed up. Having tired of telling the story and waiting for the same response each time, I just said, "Your on these back roads all the time and talk to a lot of people." He nodded in agreement. "Do you hear anyone talking about Bigfoot?" He just stared. "What I mean is we heard this banging on trees right here the other night, and there's this tee pee thing and we woke up to this horrible smell and..." He is still staring, his mouth is opening and he is backing up the steps of his truck and I try one last time, "We're not on drugs." The poor fellow retired shortly after that and we have not seen him again.
    Last edited by 45&30-30; 03-02-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Punctuation, grammer
    I Like Guns - Steve Lee

In Remembrance
    So, you had to stake out the TP and get us some pictures, right?

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing your story/experience, 45&30-30.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    So, you had to stake out the TP and get us some pictures, right?
    Ha. I see your point. That has been two years ago and we have not had anymore hints of Skunk Apes in the area. But we have seen a multi colored star sized light in the northeast sky from time to time that moves erratically...
    I Like Guns - Steve Lee

In Remembrance
    I guarantee you are right.
    Several years a black bear wandered down to the plains of eastern New Mexico, not unheard of but extremely rare, I know of three times in the last 35 years or so. Anyway a prominent businessman and a long time prominent rancher killed it and took it to the newspapers office and had their picture. lol These guys were generally thought of as somewhat uintelligent, but that was not one of their better ideas, it were downright costly. They did make the headlines twice though.

Banned
    Six pages to prove why moonshine is illegal

Boolit Master
    I am curious. If ya don't believe in them, "Why even post here?"
    Ii is no skin off your ***. Make ya feel better to say something negative?

Another thing to consider. Those who have said they HAVE seen them, or had an experience with them, probably don't care if you do not believe in them.

If someone wants to believe in stories from the bible, about men & women who lived to extreme ages, do you like it when folks make fun of that? How about Lot & his wife escaping Sodom & Gomorrah & the pillar of salt she turned into for not listening to God? That seems a bit far fetched... Particularly to those who do not believe..
    But, I , as well as many others believe.

Last example of many in just the Christian faith, "Who would ever believe that our Lord & Savior died on a cross & lay dead for three days before rising from the dead as he said he would do?"

Do You make fun of that?

I am of the opinion that some folks think too highly of their own opinion on some subjects than they should, in some cases. In more than one case, some folks should just shake their head & keep out of it. Otherwise, they do not appear to be as Christian like & such as some claim to be... "That" you CAN believe.

Just some things to think about...

Besides, I like reading the stories they took the time to write out...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I am curious. If ya don't believe in them, "Why even post here?"
    Ii is no skin off your ***. Make ya feel better to say something negative?

Another thing to consider. Those who have said they HAVE seen them, or had an experience with them, probably don't care if you do not believe in them.

If someone wants to believe in stories from the bible, about men & women who lived to extreme ages, do you like it when folks make fun of that? How about Lot & his wife escaping Sodom & Gomorrah & the pillar of salt she turned into for not listening to God? That seems a bit far fetched... Particularly to those who do not believe..
    But, I , as well as many others believe.

Last example of many in just the Christian faith, "Who would ever believe that our Lord & Savior died on a cross & lay dead for three days before rising from the dead as he said he would do?"

Do You make fun of that?

I am of the opinion that some folks think too highly of their own opinion on some subjects than they should, in some cases. In more than one case, some folks should just shake their head & keep out of it. Otherwise, they do not appear to be as Christian like & such as some claim to be... "That" you CAN believe.

Just some things to think about...

Besides, I like reading the stories they took the time to write out...
    Pop a pill there ace and relax. I was funning. Next time I'll run it past you for your consideration before I post.

Boolit Master
    Sure. But not everyone "is" funnin.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Buddy

I had a visit with my acupuncturist yesterday. I shared that I had posted a few Bigfoot stories on line. She said, 'Well since you shared yours I will share mine and you won't think I am crazy.' Then she amended that with saying, 'You may think I am crazy already.' I said I was ambivalent as to her state of mind but she could could sway me one way or the other.' She does poke needles in to people for a living. There was a great amount of reluctance in her voice as she told the story and turned me in to a porcupine. Harder than usual.

Anyway, she was in the Northwest of the US hiking deep in to a wilderness area along a river. Her hiking companion and her decided to break through brush to get on a ridge for a better view. When they got on top she looked across to a ridge on the other side of the river. They both saw a hairy headed and bodied creature described as humanoid and tall. It looked at them for some time and then moved out of sight.

She went back and forth defending what she saw and explaining the encounter away suggesting someone was playing a prank on them. Yet the remoteness of the area and distances involved for a prank seemed absurd to her given the trail less area they were exploring. Regardless it gave them a scare and they moved quickly out of the area.

She shared the story a few times with others but stopped after similar comments of, 'What were you guys smoking'. She also told me, with a hint of remorse in her voice, that her and her hiking companion never talked about it again. I also got the impression she didn't see him much more after that.
    I Like Guns - Steve Lee

Boolit Buddy

I just realized this Thread was started at the end of 2015. It just keeps popping up like Bigfoot.
    I Like Guns - Steve Lee

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
    theres one in vermilion bay right by the hwy
    I looked up Vermilion Bay near Eagle Lake in Canada to check proximity to me. One of the pictures in town has The Bigfoot I believe you were referring to. Homely fellow. Fun stuff. Thank you.
    I Like Guns - Steve Lee

Quote Originally Posted by 45&30-30 View Post
    I had a visit with my acupuncturist yesterday. I shared that I had posted a few Bigfoot stories on line. She said, 'Well since you shared yours I will share mine and you won't think I am crazy.' Then she amended that with saying, 'You may think I am crazy already.' I said I was ambivalent as to her state of mind but she could could sway me one way or the other.' She does poke needles in to people for a living. There was a great amount of reluctance in her voice as she told the story and turned me in to a porcupine. Harder than usual.

Anyway, she was in the Northwest of the US hiking deep in to a wilderness area along a river. Her hiking companion and her decided to break through brush to get on a ridge for a better view. When they got on top she looked across to a ridge on the other side of the river. They both saw a hairy headed and bodied creature described as humanoid and tall. It looked at them for some time and then moved out of sight.

She went back and forth defending what she saw and explaining the encounter away suggesting someone was playing a prank on them. Yet the remoteness of the area and distances involved for a prank seemed absurd to her given the trail less area they were exploring. Regardless it gave them a scare and they moved quickly out of the area.

She shared the story a few times with others but stopped after similar comments of, 'What were you guys smoking'. She also told me, with a hint of remorse in her voice, that her and her hiking companion never talked about it again. I also got the impression she didn't see him much more after that.
    I would imagine that we would hear of many more encounters like this if it weren't for all those who like their ''Funnin" and care not what it does to those who might need to share.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast