Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Anyone have a Bigfoot story?

In Remembrance
    Why, if we weren't funnin, someone would have proved they were real, say 100 years ago or more, but with all the technology and bigfoot fever, for sure in the last few years.
    I do expect we will see proof any day now, especially wth lawsuits because folks didn't believe a sighting, and the fact they have spread to all four corners of the US and Canada. There is millions of them they just hide. lol

Boolit Mold
    we have a local "big time ' bigfoot hunter who can't find a designated parking space at the grocery store (:

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jbohio View Post
    we have a local "big time ' bigfoot hunter who can't find a designated parking space at the grocery store (:
    LOL At least of the renowned ones that was touted on here is about the same, I have known him very well for over forty years. BUT I will say he was smart enough to make a sort of living off of folks that believe in them for the last several years. I heard through the grapevine that he has lately moved on to another scam,errr business, so there may be room for a new crew, as it takes several to make the noises and throw the rocks, so folks will know they have been close to a bigfoot.

Boolit Buddy
    I' enjoy this forum ,,I like hearing from both sides ,," Faith is the substance of things hoped for , and evidence of things not seen ". Kind of like flip'n a light sw on ,,.

coffee's ready ,,, Hootmix .

Boolit Master
    I heard today that a man claimed to have been sexually abused by Bigfoot.
    Bigfoot however said the man was begging for it....
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Moderator Emeritus

Was he wearing a gorilla suit?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Let me pose a hypothetical guestion to you all.

IF and I say IF there was ever a real bigfoot, and you had a close encounter, face to face at close range in the woods, you are armed, and the creature is just standing there, posing no threat, could or would you shoot it?

Let say we know it is not a person in a ghillie suit, or a camoed hunter. We know positively and surely that what we are seeing is not human. It is not doing you any harm, or doesn't mean any harm to you. Again, could you raise you gun and kill it?

In all honesty, I don't think I could shoot this creature.

More than likely, I would be in a state of shock.
    You know, if taken seriously, that's a really good question. I don't want to think I would, but ..... fear and shock do some strange things to a man's mind. I think there's nobody who really knows just what they'd do in that situation. I think it's a lot like getting shot at. Most folks believe they know what they'd do, but somehow, an awful lot of honest folks have said that they did something completely unplanned when faced with the reality of it all. That's just my take on it, of course. I think most of our "planning" and opining about what we'd do is mostly just to reassure ourselves that we'd do SOMETHING half-way rational. Then, when we realize that we are NOT very rational creatures much of the time .... well ..... it's hard to believe we know much of anything about what we'd really do in scary or unexpected situations. My greatest test of this came once when I was shot at. And that time, at least, I reacted exactly as I'd trained myself to do via repeatedly envisioning a similar situation in the field, and taking it seriously, and reacting as quickly as I could. This is the true value of training. It gives us some "prior learning" and muscle memory that CAN, if we let it, and don't get TOO discombobulated, bring us through very dangerous situation.

Allegedly, according to my scrupulously honest eldest uncle, Uncle Titus, some time in about the 20's or 30's, a 7' tall (appx.) "wildman" was stealing hogs from the neighbor just across the hard road from our home. One day, Mr. Julius (owner of the farm across the road) was toting a couple of sacks full of corn on the cob back to the hog pen, which was kept a good ways from the house to keep the odor from reaching the family. As he approached in the soft, sandy road, he noted a very large, shaggy form, and heard the hogs squealing. He eased forward and saw a bigfoot with one hog under one arm, and he was chasing another. Mr. Julius stood in shock! And finally, thoughts of losing $$$ and meals made him shout out to it, whereupon, it just looked up at him, and then just walked over the 4' tall fence like it wasn't there.

The only tales and reports now, seem to come from the river swamps, and mostly from the Savannah River swamps. My beloved little Ogeechee River is getting so densely populated that I have a notion, speculatively at least, that they don't frequent that area any more.
    And whoever posted about the young boy saying he'd rather wait until he had a little light to go to the stand made me smile. Lots of folks, especially those who "know" there's no such thing as a bigfoot, like to brag about what they'd do and how sure they are that bigfoot is just a legend, seem to all of a sudden take the prospect more seriously when out in the deep woods at night, and even moreso when all alone.

I've also had the experience of being in the woods, and suddenly KNOWING that something was watching me, unseen. That's an eerie feeling. This was at the river when I had to answer the call of mother nature, and got out on a high hill where it was solid ground and snakes wouldn't have been much of a problem, as they'd be easily seen and avoided. I had my little Buffalo Scout .22 revolver on me, but .... I just had the feeling that whatever it was, would be far too big to take on with a .22. Was it bigfoot? A rare (for here) panther??? Who knows. But I STILL believe to the core of my being that there was SOMETHING out there watching me, that wasn't happy about my intrusion on its daily grind.

I've come to be comfortable that there are many questions for which there is no certain answer. It sure makes life more "interesting," doesn't it?

Banned

Boolit Grand Master

Here in Louisiana we have the Honey Island Swamp Monster. Harlan Ford claimed to have seen it in 1963 ....the poor guy looked for it until he passed away in 1980 and never found it.
    He had a friend that helped him search for it ... They claimed to have found foot prints in 1974.
    I'm wondering if Harlan's "friend" wasn't playing a cruel long running joke on him.
    Harlan truly believed he had seen some kind of big foot monster and went to his death believing it .
    I've spent a lifetime of hunting and fishing in the waters, woods and swamps and have never seen anything like a big foot monster, I did come across a black bear once , but it looked like a bear.
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 07-10-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Some years back, late at night, I was wandering through weird stuff on the internet and found a story of a Bigfoot sighting that was just a few miles from my house, in a place where I used to hunt. The family was adamant that they saw one cross the road, and fairly close. At the time the compiler interviewed them it hadn't been too many years in the past. The guy had a forum, although I can't remember the name of it, and I remember asking a question or two. He swore up and down that it was true. It was a sighting in Barbour County, Alabama between Eufaula and
    Clayton.

Now, I've never seen one, but I haven't see what some here call a panther, either, except for the time a guy brought a picture of one from his game camera. And my wife said she saw one in the Eufaula area crossing the road when she was little. Panther, not Bigfoot.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    In Middle Tn they are called the “Hairy Man”!(HM) I used to work nights so when off, I hiked at night, and was told by the mentally challenged man across the street to watch out for the HM. I laughed and told him they didn’t exist. Several nights later on a Friday night close to Mn I was out hiking, and heard a whoop from an area of a dump/bonfire spot for revelers that come via horseback or ATV’s. I headed up that way to see if it was someone I knew. I heard a replying whoop about a mile towards the West, and then a whoop from my destination. I saw nothing!
    During the next week, on my land, I left a large fanny pack in the fork of a tree with fruit, nuts, and trail bars in it deciding I wasn’t going far enough to need it. It disappeared. To this day I have no idea what the noise was or where my pack went. I am very familiar with the out of doors sounds, I have been trained to track at the Great Smoky Mountain Institute at Tremont. I have older friends that say the HM is real? Maybe yes, maybe no.
    Luvtn
    Last edited by luvtn; 07-13-2019 at 05:22 PM.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I was with my brother in law out in the country near nottaway river and we all heard something out side we armed our selves and went to look heard brother in law yelling 100 yards or so to my side . Went over to where he was and you could see a path where saplings had been knocked down he swears it was a big foot. No one else ever saw anything but we all heard something. Now my brother in law has convinced his self that he was special forces in early stages of Vietnam. He was actually a small engine mechanic in the air force stationed in Massachusetts. So i am a bit sceptical to say the least. He almost had my sister convinced he was in Vietnam. Until i asked if he was gone for days at a time? The answer was no. Well now i do think it could be possible they exist just don't know.

Boolit Buddy

It is interesting to think about Bigfoot from the skeptics point and the believers. I am inclined to give both merit but it is a complex situation not to be simplified either way. One says they have seen it, the other says they have not. I easily believe the one who has not but have suspicions of the one who say they have. I can only relate what I have experienced and others I have talked to about the phenomenon, I do not have a conclusion. We can come to conclusions based on our beliefs and experiences formed prior to the event or lack of an event, sometimes reinforced by new experiences or diluted after the event. But I am just stating the obvious, because I have time to and I enjoy hearing stories on the topic more and more.

Just a thought, it took nearly a decade to locate a guy we knew existed using our greatest military and intelligence minds/assets. Four years before the raid his trusted couriers name is uncovered. Two years later they learn of the courier and the brothers area of operation, almost a year later they find the brothers home and nearly a year later they raid the home killing him and confirming his identity. If that narrative is true, not saying it isn't, then how hard would it be to find something that does not have a courier and a brother and a home? Interesting to think about. Fun stuff.
    I Like Guns - Steve Lee

Boolit Master
    I have a story kinda. I actually have one sleeping in the bed next to me right now! His name is Max and he weighs 130 pounds. He’s supposed to be a Bull Mastiff but he’s got some mighty big feet! So I don’t know for sure!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Do large sister-in-laws qualify? I’m almost sure mine are at least part Bigfoot. ���� Not sure how my lovely wife avoided that end of the gene pool.��
    Mould forth, and load in peace.

I have never seen a Bigfoot or any of his/her sign but when I was a kid back in the Seventies I was afraid I'd run into him while backpacking in the Sierra Nevada. Made getting out of a sleeping bag for a late night bathroom break a little spooky.

I've never seen a big foot...however, there is a rumor going around that his name is Darrell.

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567