Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! CZ75, P226 or 92FS

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    You can read all about the different variations of the pistol here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_75

You can buy magazines and custom parts here - http://czcustom.com/index.aspx
    Last edited by Bonz; 11-30-2015 at 09:07 AM.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Buddy
    EAA Witness is a CZ clone, I have 2 and like them a lot. Also look at Bersa, I'm trying to wear one out and it just keeps going.

Love Life
    The CZ would take the win for me because their safety is in a much better place on the firearm. I'm a big fan of the Beretta, and find them to be quite accurate and very reliable, but the safety location and bass ackwards operation can hang people up. It's easily overcome with a couple minutes a night practicing with the firearm unloaded, but just something to keep in mind.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the comments guys. Definitly have me leaning towards the CZ. Another thing to consider which I forgot to mention is that I am a leftie.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. Definitly have me leaning towards the CZ. Another thing to consider which I forgot to mention is that I am a leftie.
    CZ85 (75 with ambi controls)

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Master
    I would go with the Sig. The CZ is a nice gun but I didn't like where the trigger sits in the guard, it was always a little awkward. I've had three Berettas and tried to like them. They will feed a wadcutter bullet, they are that reliable, but darn that stupid safety and its backwards movement. So for me, the Sig is my favorite. But really, all three are really good guns.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=blueeyephil;3452695]But do you want a cocked and locked or decocker. QUOTE]

Was leaning towards a decocker.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Grand Master
    For a range gun: CZ 75, P226, Beretta in distant third place.
    For a carry gun: P226, CZ 75, Beretta in distant third place.

There are a plethora of CZ 75's and clones out there, just find the variant you want and they work.

A well used and broken in P226 is remarkably easy to shoot well.

As an Armorer and Rangemaster in the Navy,I saw way too many broken locking blocks in the M9 to ever want to trust a Beretta with my life. The first indication of a broken locking block is the gun fails to unlock. You can usually get one or at most two rounds more down range by doing the tap rack bang drill; but I really don't want to try that under fire.

With that bit of unpleasantness out of the way; most Beretta's and the few Taurus clones I have been around were at least combat accurate.

Robert

I have a Sig P226 40 cal and a CZ 85 Combat 9mm. Love both of them, but prefer the CZ.
    It's ambidextrous, rugged, got target sights, a soft trigger and it just laughs at recoil.
    They are both very accurate, but I'm a better shot with the CZ.

Boolit Master
    CZ-75, just love those guns, anything CZ you cant go wrong! I also the P-07! I would really like to test drive the Sphinx's pistols, CZ based design and Swiss build!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I have all 3
    My CZ is my Favorite hand gun that I own, other than a Makerov in 32 ACP, I also have the 226 MK25 with a threaded barrel, and I also have a Beretta 92 S I shoot my CZ just a little bit better than my 226 because it feels better in my hand.

43PU

Boolit Master

I have the CZ75B-Omega. It is a fine pistol and more accurate than I expected. The one concern I have with the pistol is the chamber. The actual bore size is .3568 so a cast lead bullet needs to be .358". The bullets I cast from 9MM molds would tumble at .356. Most 9MM molds will not cast this large so I had to go with a .357 revolver mold. When the larger bullet(.358") is used the bullet hits the rifling. There is about .005" of "freebore" in the chamber.
    If you get a large bore barrel and want to use lead bullets you will need to have the chamber reamed. This is no concern if you use .355 jacketed bullets.

I've owned several 9mm's over the years. I had three Glocks, a S&W 59, and got rid of them all for one reason or another. I now own a CZ 75B Omega. It is by far the most accurate 9mm I have ever owned. I carry it when I am working at the Indoor Range. It feeds everything I've tried so far. FMJ Round nose, Hollow points, Hornady Critical Defense rounds, Plated TC, and lead Truncated Cone Flat Base.

None of the other Nine's in our shop fit my hands as well as this CZ75. Recoil is almost non-existent. You won't go wrong getting a VZ75.
    Listen! Do you hear it. The roar of cannons, the screams of the dying! Ahh! Music to my ears!

Boolit Master
    I own two of the three, a cz and a 92. The CZ is w/o a doubt the pick of them. I never much cared for sigs as being a lefty the safety is just totally wrong although they do shoot well.

Ebner

Boolit Master
    I own a CZ75B Omega and an older Sig P226. Both great guns and comfortable. However the CZ 75 is really sweet and eats anything 9mm you can stuff in it.

Boolit Grand Master
    My preference is for Sig's, but a CZ is not a bad choice. There isn't much difference between them--I'd just choose the one that felt the best.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have owned and carried on- and off-duty all three makes, and have no qualms about any of the three. Kind of a Ford/Chevy/Mopar question, really. Personal favorite is the CZ-75B in 40 S&W, and I sure wish it hadn't been disallowed by my shop for carry by HR 218 policy changes.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    I have a SAR based on the CZ-75. I find the narrow slide within the frame much harder to manipulate than my XD/m, XD/s and multiple 1911s. Yeah it's not a CZ, but that narrow slide/wider frame does not handle well. The SAR (CZ-75 clone) does point well, the grip does feel good in the hand, but slide manipulation is more awkward. I spent many years as a full and part-time farrier - hand strength is not an issue as I find ths XD/S in .45 and a Colt Officer's .45 slides easier to operate.

Boolit Master

Lots and lots of good comments guys. Really appreciated the time each one of you took to make well thought responses.

i am torn between the 75bd and 85 b. Want the decocker of the 75bd but like the ambi controls of the 85b. Least i am much closer to,a decision...ha! If only they had a 85 bd!

Boolit Mold
    1st CZ75, 2nd Sig 226, 3rd Beretta.
    Last edited by Van; 12-01-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast