Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Universal case expanding die

Boolit Master
    I am completely satisfied with my purchases of about 12 or so Lee Univ. Exp. dies & the NOE plugs I then purchased to make the Lee Univ. Exp dies do what I wanted to do.

I would be surprised if anyone else who did the same had much trouble after getting the two paired together to take care of the expansion of cases for cast lead alloy boolits. If there was troubles, it was likely due to not knowing how to pair the two to mate with the caliber one wanted to expand the cases for, when they were reloading.

YMMV, of course... I think the dies paired together with the right plugs are great!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

The Lee expander with NOE plugs is the way to go. I size all my pistol and rifle brass on my RCII. Swage out the pockets if need be for military brass and tumble to clean them up. I set the Lee expander with the appropriate NOE expander in station one of my Dillon 550 and load as normal. No flaring on the powder drop on station 2 since the NOE has already included the second step for starting a bullet seat straight. Seat the bullet and finish with a Lee FCD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12