WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETR7 Load Data

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Yes, that is the very limited data I mentioned in the other ETR7 sale thread.

TiteGroup is very close and there is TONS of load data for TG in all the standard books. Just work up your loads as usual.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

the other thread that was posted with etr7 at $62/4lb and $5 shipping no haz-mat has disappeared. I ordered 4lb and my credit card was charged $67. As someone else said, if they call me this week looking for the $28 haz-mat I'll tell them to refund the charge. If they refuse I'll dispute the charge and refuse the shipment. We will see monday.

Those are awful tight min/max windows and is probably why I didn't try it before as I generally stay away from stuff with that narrow loadings. There is not much room to work up a good load.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    It is an ultra-clean, fast, easy-to-load powder, unlike old dirty Unique. I gave 3# of Unique away last year after spending too much time & money cleaning out carp from my guns. And I PC everything!

You should be happy with it as long as your pre mind-set does not bias your overall results.

I use TG load data exclusively with great success. Do you consider TG a "tight" load set?

It is nice to find a readily available cost-effective pistol powder in these days of no shelf stock and trying all kinds of shotgun powders as substitutes. And when one orders multiple 4# containers the HAZMAT fee is well mitigated!

Hope all works out for you.

banger

jonp, I think that the small window is because of the lawyers. I'm not that adventurous when it comes to working with charges outside of published loads. It does say to use as a guideline only, though.

I do hope that if someone has any personal experience using this powder for cartridges outside of the linked published loads, that they will share them with the rest of us. 45 Col and 44 Mag come quickly to mind as do reduced rifle loads.

It is troubling to pay for your order and believe it's the total price to find out that later, they would call you to extort a "haz mat" fee that was not included in your original total.

Boolit Grand Master

It's not the lawyers causing the tight load range. It's the powder itself. If it's like TG than it's an extremely fast burner. Minimal load increases can spike the pressure easily. It's why I don't like working w/ powders that fast.

As far as the HazMat thing goes. They screwed up, they should eat it. Otherwise refund the money to those that want it and deal w/ all the bad publicity that's going to follow.

I've herd this is repackaged Maxam CSB-1. Has this been confirmed. As I have loaded my lot of CSB-1 from HiTech to 5.4gr. under a Lee 359 125 RF boolit with no ill affects in a Rossi 851 .38 Special. My guess at +P pressures.

http://s183.photobucket.com/user/rif...7c1cf.jpg.html
    Last edited by Wireman134; 11-29-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    We are talking TWO different shipping charge things here:

1. Shipping fees - standard charges to ship via UPS/FEDEX/etc that are under quite a bit of control by the shipper, depending on the contract they have negotiated and the volume of stuff they ship. That many times is reduced or totally waived by the shipper.

2. HAZMAT fee - which is federal government regulation that must be adhered to and is NOT under the control of the shipper.

When anyone advertises "FREE SHIPPING" and there is a HAZMAT fee involved, I assume they are talking about the standard shipping costs they are eating and NOT the HAZMAT. You should not expect them to eat the fed charge. If they do, more power to you. I have no problem with them asking for the fee. No one should.

If you do not like the fee, buy you powder locally when/if you can ever find any when you need/want it.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

Banger, please quote that mandatory federal haz-mat charge law as I cant seem to find it and in 25yrs of otr with a hazmat ive never seen this mandatory federal charge in a bill of lading. This is a topic that keeps coming up and if you can lay it to rest once and for all please do

As for them eating the charge im not going to force them to and they already charged my card $67 not $95. In this day especialy black friday and a company that makes its living off the net having this screwed up is bad juju. If they did and call me about it no problem. Just cancel the order and refund the card. No worries.

As for the titegroup data I have never used titegroup.

Boolit Grand Master

HazMat is not federally regulated in this case. The DOT requires placarding for shipping but that's it. The HazMat fee is charged by the shipping companies alone. I'm assuming it's to cover higher insurance premiums. But in all reality it's another revenue stream.

As far as free shipping goes. I would take that at face value. Free shipping to my house. That includes the Hazmat fee. Even though I know that the fee is there free means free. It's their fault for not wording it right on their website. It's up to them as to how they want to handle it. There are consumer protection laws in place for things like this.

Boolit Grand Master
    The subject of "getting taken" by a vendor on "free" shipping is a personal viewpoint. Do what you feel is right.

Personally, $28 is chump change to me. I loose more than that in the couch of a waiting room! It is not worth the hassle of getting any of the consumer protections agencies involved for a tiny dispute of that amount.

Again, totally up to what the end user wants to do.

banger

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    the other thread that was posted with etr7 at $62/4lb and $5 shipping no haz-mat has disappeared. I ordered 4lb and my credit card was charged $67. As someone else said, if they call me this week looking for the $28 haz-mat I'll tell them to refund the charge. If they refuse I'll dispute the charge and refuse the shipment. We will see monday.
    Has nothing to do with ETR7 loading data
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman134 View Post
    I've herd this is repackaged Maxam CSB-1. Has this been confirmed. As I have loaded my lot of CSB-1 from HiTech to 5.4gr. under a Lee 359 125 RF boolit with no ill affects in a Rossi 851 .38 Special. My guess at +P pressures.

http://s183.photobucket.com/user/rif...7c1cf.jpg.html
    I'm not sure on that one... CSB-1 is usually equated with Universal as a powder... I'll have to check burn rates but isn't it slower than titegroup? I bought a 55lb drum of CSB-1 a while back so I still have some here. I did order some of the ETR7 at that price thinking it was faster. If they call asking for more money I'll politely cancel my order because I paid about $18 per pound with shipping and hazmat for the CSB-1. Everglades Ammo currently has very good deals online where they build the hazmat into the price just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Wireman134 View Post
    I've herd this is repackaged Maxam CSB-1. Has this been confirmed. As I have loaded my lot of CSB-1 from HiTech to 5.4gr. under a Lee 359 125 RF boolit with no ill affects in a Rossi 851 .38 Special. My guess at +P pressures.http://s183.photobucket.com/user/rif...7c1cf.jpg.html
    this thread with an external link has some info.http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...1-lots-of-data

Boolit Grand Master

I just called Expansion up. I figured I'd give them a few days to settle it out first. They did indeed screw up or rather the new software they put in screwed up by not automatically adding the haz-mat. Standard $28. The guy said they were calling people as fast as they could but as can be expected with the price that was put up they were swamped and had just gotten to me but had not called yet. They would add the hazmat or cancel and refund no problems.

The guy was very nice and apologized several times for the screw the pooch operation. Since he was good about it I had him add another 4lb to make it worth my while so about $160 for 8lbs or $20lb shipped fed ex. That's good enough for me.

I asked him about the powder and he said it was a small flake powder that was slightly slower than Titegroup and close to Green Dot but use Titegroup data to start. Should be good for about every pistol caliber.

Boolit Grand Master

Glad they handled it properly. To many customers lack proper customer service.

Bet they're telling you to use TG data because GreenDot data is rather sparse.

Boolit Grand Master

I"ve seen posts by a couple of guys on different forums that swear by Green Dot for 45ACP. Much more data for Titegroup so I'm sure your right.

Boolit Grand Master
    I agree.........from LOTS of personal loads....USE TG data. It is everywhere and it seems to be very close in performance.

I have had excellent results with ETR7....or whatever you want to call it! Cleanest powder I have ever used.

Boolit Buddy

I bought 8 pounds from them a while back and use it for 45 and 9mm. It's good powder. Pretty clean. Meters well in my Dillon.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyingrhino View Post
    I bought 8 pounds from them a while back and use it for 45 and 9mm. It's good powder. Pretty clean. Meters well in my Dillon.
    Did you use titegroup data?