Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Rossi R92 Scout Scope Base now available through NOE!

Boolit Master

Rossi R92 Scout Scope Base now available through NOE!

The Braztech Rossi R92 round barrel models are drilled & tapped for a scout scope base. The problem has been that Rossi has not brought any bases in for a year to year and a half. I've researched this at quite some length and any online retailer that lists them does not have an active inventory listed. There are none.

I work a lot with NOE on bullet designs and approached that business with the idea of offering an improved version of the mount. Al Nelson, the owner of NOE, was interested because he is trying to add machined products to his lineup to keep his machines busy.

It is not often something comes together like this has but they mounts were placed in inventory yesterday. Al was quite interested in the improvements that I suggested, I have five Rossi scout rifles, and here are the changes:
    • Picatinny spec slot spacing instead of the random Weaver slot spacing.
    • 6061 aluminum extrusion. Not sure what Rossi was using but it was extremely soft. The screw holes wear terribly under heavy recoil.
    • The NOE mounts are anodized blue or clear (for the stainless rifles). The Rossi mount was painted and this allowed the mount to come loose as the paint wore off at the contact areas (along barrel & screw holes). Anodizing also toughens the aluminum alloy.
    • NOE uses Torx screw heads instead of slotted screws.

I don't have an interest in this product other than wanting to see them made available. I also wanted to see a mount that was built to a better standard.

If you have been searching for a scout mount for your Braztech R92, they are here: NOE Rossi Model 92 Scout Mount

The initial production run was 80 units, 65 black and 15 clear. It has been 24 hours and half of them have been sold. NOE will continue this product as inventory but these will probably sell out before next production run is cut. I want to say that Al told me that a production run will be 200 units at a time with the anodizing split 75% black to 25% clear.

I hope this is not viewed as advertising, it isn't. It is about finding scope mounts that Rossi has not been providing for at least a year now.
    Michael

Banned

Thanks
    Just got two.
    Love my .357 R92. Going to get another.

Boolit Master
    I just recently added a leupold scout scope on mine, still need to sight it in..

Boolit Master

I just recently added a leupold scout scope on mine, still need to sight it in..
    You are going to love that Leupy on your 92, I have one on mine. It's a great scout scope!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Man

I have a 45 colt, and a 44 mag oct. barrel..... dont see anyplace to mt. scout scope,.... under rear sight?

Boolit Master

I have a 45 colt, and a 44 mag oct. barrel..... dont see anyplace to mt. scout scope,.... under rear sight?
    The octagon barrels are not D&T'd, just the round barrels under the rear sight leaf. For your octagon bbls you will need to have someone drill and tap for bases.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Buddy

I used a Contender base

I just mounted a Leupold pistol scope on my 16 inch 44 carbine using a standard Contender base that I had kicking around. It held up to150 rds and seems plenty accurate. It does sit pretty high so I will be trying to add a cheek pad until I mount my peeps.Attachment 199767
    Last edited by BrianL; 07-15-2017 at 11:54 PM.