Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remington 11-87

Boolit Buddy

I am a Remington 1100 fan have been for a long time I have been shooting the same 3" 1100 for 30 yrs. I like the weight and feel of it and it hits what I point it at. it was a 30" full choke gun I had the barrel cut to 26" and had True Chokes installed and have never looked at a $1500 shotgun. I clean it like I would any other firearm I own when I am done using it I clean it. I have shot many other shotguns Berettas, Benellis, Brownings and I would just as soon shoot my 1100. Buddy of mine has a Super X if I was going to buy anything else it would probably be that
    I do own a AL48 that is used for Rabbit and Quail. Great little shotgun can carry it all day
    I own several shotguns but I grab my 1100 9 times out of 10
    Tony

Boolit Master

I would recommend a used Beretta like 390,391. I have owned 1100's and 1 1187 over the years and the B guns are better. If you are just going to hunt and maybe do 100 rds/yr it won't matter much. If you see a good deal on an old 1100 for 3 to $400 then pick it up. If you're going to lay out 700 buy a used B gun. My 390 has over 70K rounds through it shooting sporting clays. I clean it every 2500-3000 rds when it starts to malfunction, don't try that with an 1100.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rtracy2001 View Post
    I know it isn't a rifle, but this isn't really a casting question either. . .
    Not a rifle? I do not agree. I bought an unfired 11-87 a few years ago and slapped a Remington cantilever mount, rifled barrel on it with a leopold scope. It is my .729 caliber deer rifle. Feeds 12 gauge Win sabot slugs every time and is good to 150 yards if I do my part.

Merry Christmas to all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123