Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: CDNN Rossi Single Shot 243 on Sale $99

Boolit Grand Master

CDNN Rossi Single Shot 243 on Sale $99

Ive been wanting a single shot 243 to fiddle with for some time and now cdnn has them on sale. Yea Me!

Marlin in 7-08/308 under $250. Good price for a backup or truck gun
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Stick to Marlin. Pass on the Rossi. I have "tinkered" with a couple without being able to make them accurate.

Boolit Grand Master

For a cheap truck gun i will take 4in or so. Ill be surprised if it wont do that and thats all i expect of it

Boolit Master
    Had a .308 Rossi that was very accurate gave it to my grandson.
    Frank G.

What is this CDNN that you speak of???

Boolit Grand Master

http://www.cdnnsports.com/

I have ordered from them several times including a couple of firearms. They are a good company as far as I am concerned.

It is a youth model

Thanks!

Boolit Master
    I just put money down on the same 243 at my LGS for $200. I want the action and barrel to stub. Would give me 2 actions and 4 barrels. Only problem with CDNN for most of us is, yea its $99, but then theres the shipping and transfer fee. Which would maybe save me $20-$30. And I can put mine on layaway, even go borrow the barrel to stub out in the mean time.

Boolit Grand Master

It WAS $99 and now it's $119. $14.95 shipping and my FFL charges $25 so that is still $160. Saves you $40. When it was on sale it would have saved you $60 which is good money for me. I use my local shops when I can but for $50 and up savings I'll go online.

I've tangled with one of these for a couple of years now.....and did everything I know to make it shoot, with no love. Worked on the stock to eliminate contact, washers/O-rings on the forearm stud, load development with several powders/bullets, MUCH tinkering with COAL (never could reach the lands), etc. etc. etc. It never shot better than about 4"....and that was a good day for it. Someone recommended the Barnes X bullets...so I tried those. They actually hit the paper sideways at 100.

JonP....sounds like you're OK with a 4" gun for its intended purpose, so I'm not criticizing...just adding my personal 2 cents, and a friendly 'buyer beware!'.

Trails.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Grand Master

For $99 I'm not expecting a tack driver and won't be disappointed when I don't get one. Your right, minute of deer at 200yrds or so is all I'm expecting. People are funny. They expect every rifle now-a-days to come out of the box shooting sub moa. I expect it's the internet that has raised unreasonable expectations on this. You get what you pay for and for $99 your not going to get a $5000 one mile target rifle.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in Stock. $99 + $15 shipping!

Boolit Master
    Yea Rossi can be a bit variable on their accuracy. The 44mag one I have shoots pretty good. The bore is nowhere near concentric to the rest of it. But shoots straight. 430 bullets shoot fine in it. The 20ga barrel, its bowed in the middle, but they attack them with a mig welder putting on the forearm stud. H&R just had the 4 little tack welds. I bought a 223 to do a barrel stub, the muzzle was an inch off to one side. I doubt I will buy a round of 243, buying it to do a barrel stub, have 2 actions.

I could save a few bucks online. But its a local shop that has always treated me very well. I ask about some ammo, next thing theres some on the shelf, even my nagant revolver. I asked about some powder everybody else was out of, week or 2 later they had a case on the shelf. As just a regular customer I can order pretty much anything for 10% over, no problem with letting you see the book. There are people here who will drive out of their way to buy gas there.

In Remembrance
    We will mostly all see the day the online savings will bite us in the ****, shoot we have already seen it.
    Eventually there will be very few, or no small gunsmith equipped shops left, some areas they are extinct now. Then we will get some clown in office that throws a kink in online firearms and components, then what. Wait this has already happened in some states, so some are already benefitting from the online savings.

I am not an accurancy snob, but 4moa would be 8 inches at 2oo yards, I'm thinking I would limit my shots to 100 or less, and that is just not my idea of a 243. Surely they or at least most of them will pattern better than that.

Boolit Master

If a couple of places have it on sale won't be long until others join in.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Part of the price drop is Rossi is going to stop selling their single shots. Place near me had a wizard in 243 in the rack. Looked online before I bought anything, the extra barrels have all dried up, and the Wizard is no longer shown on their site. I asked, nope, their gone, the shop had bought several wizards, all 243 at a discount, and why its only $199 now. And if they haven't will discontinue the other single shot. I remember being in there when somebody brought one in for trade. Sorry the value has dropped, they were being discounted. He was losing money on existing ones, as he had paid full for them. Hard to get full retail, when you can go online for $99.

Its an odd thing Rossi sort of helped destroy H&R, really the only other alternative in a single shot. H&R couldn't raise prices due to Rossi. And now that Rossi has gotten all the market share, the business decision is to stop selling them?