Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: anyone have a M&P compact 45acp

Banned

anyone have a M&P compact 45acp

Just wonder how it ran

Moderator Emeritus

I like mine. I knew before I purchased it that the trigger was to sloppy and did the Apec trigger job on it. Made all the difference to me.

Banned

ya ive got a full sized 9 and a shield in 40 and when I pick this one up im going to order 3 apex kits and do them all

Boolit Grand Master

I've got a 9 Pro, 40 Pro and recently aquired a 45 with threaded barrel. The Pro triggers are decent for what they are (striker fired), but the Apex kits are better. The 45 is borderline atrocious, but I will get a Apex sear for it (which is the same as the Shields IIRC). All are accurate enough (2-3 inches at 25 yards with proper handloads over a magazines worth). No more accurate/inaccurate than any XD or Glock I've shot. All with factory barrels. Theyve all ran flawlessly without hiccups.

Boolit Master

I had a compact M&P for a while. Never gave me any problems at all.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    I have all 9mm's but my EDC is an M&P 9C with full set of Apex goodies, I have a M&P 9L Performance Center CORE/Ported, Full Apex competition setup and other goodies and lastly a Shield 9mm (all stock except I've done some tuning on it) that I got for my dad. They have all been great thus far. The Apex triggers are a little pricey but they are SO worth it! Very, very nice compared to stock. I have the forward-set flat shoe kits in mine, the whole kit with the sear and springs, etc. The factory S&W sear is where there is a good deal of improvement to be made. It has excessive "lawyer dimensions" to the sear face that while it takes a very deliberate pull to break, it feels terrible as a result. I chose 9mm over .40/.45 to get the added capacity. With today's ammo, I feel comfortable with the stopping power of 9mm. So I can't directly speak for the 45C but my 9 Compact has been stellar!

You gotta love a compact that you can carry with the flush fit small mag but still slap a big stick in it if needed. Thats my reason for the Compact over the Shield, capacity, a lot more and the gun isn't much bigger. There is no big stick for the shield. I carry mine appendix and it disappears under clothing and I have a full size mag in a carrier on my left.

Oh and If you didn't know already fellas, check out Greg Cote LLC for spare mags. He has the best prices over anyone on Factory M&P mags and also has aftermarket ACT Mags for the M&P's. I have a few of them and they are every bit as nice if not better than the Factory S&W mags, very nice! The info notes that the X-Grip extension doesn't work with them but it did on mine for what thats worth. He has a lot of other mags for other brands too. I have no affiliation or gain by plugging his site, just spreading the good word for a good company!
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 11-24-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

I have a .45C, and it's a great pistol. Been 100% reliable for me, and fits my hand extremely well. To me, it's the perfect size. As noted above, it will take the mags for the full size pistol, too, should you feel the need.

I like it so well that I wish S&W would bring out all the calibers in the M&P line on this frame.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    A couple friends out here have them in .40 (cop issue). They like them and very reliable.

I tried most of the .45 autos and found I liked the grip on the Springfield XD (full size) the best. So, it is really up to you and how your hand fits. All of the current pistols I have fired have been ultra reliable so it's really a fit thing.