MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Saw something different today.

In Remembrance

Saw something different today.

I had to go to lowes this evening after dark' It has been steady snowing since about daylight this morning and sitting in the parking lot was a nice unimog. That in itself was not unusual or really rare, but this one had a nice covered bed, but an open top cab. It had doors with windows rolled up, but no top. lol
    There was a guy sitting in the drivers seat when I pulled in and was still sitting there when I left, I suppose just happy as a clam, either that or his fingers were froze to the wheel and he couldn't get out. lol

lol I have always wanted one of those or on of the big American 3 axle trucks with the canvas topped bed like Rambo stole in first blood
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

In Remembrance
    Wilco, the part I am calling different is it is winter time in fairbanks. Just not many folks running around in converibles this time of year. Of coarse he might have thought I was different too, as I didn't take a jacket and had a short sleeved tshirt on. lol

" either that or his fingers were froze to the wheel and he couldn't get out. lol"

I grew up in Minnesota and my first car had a
    chrome shift nob. At -30* or so I get the car started took my glove off for some thing grabbed the nob and held it all the way to school all most before it warmed up enough so I could let go.

Boolit Master

Don't lick thewagon wheel on a frosty morning.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    I love the looks of those Unimogs. I have a standing bet with a local fellow on a drag race between his Unimog and my '53 M-37. I think I can take him The good news is, neither of us stand any chance of getting a ticket, even in a school zone

Boolit Master

Probably someone from Canada enjoying the rather balmy weather in Fairbanks.
    I can remember listening to the weather reports in the 1960s and hearing Fairbanks with highs of 30F when we had highs of -35F...
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

In Remembrance
    Ha ha, it was actually warm yesterday, it got up to 23 and suppose to get up to 30 in the next couple of days.

Moderator Emeritus

Friend had a beater of an old Plymouth convertible. No back window and the doors didn't work so we just dived in the window and drove around when it was -20... yeah we didn't care back then... now I would freeze!

I had a 53 Willy's utility wagon for awhile. Had the over/under drive. 1st gear 4 low/low top speed was 3mph but the thing would crawl over tree branches no problem. Rust bucket so drafty in winter and wet in summer if it rained. But it was fun on the river bottom trails!

Boolit Buddy
    My best friend's dad had one of those back in the day. He turned it into a rock crawler. They are an impressive machine. He could drive that thing places that you wouldn't think were possible. I think I only rode with him once!