Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: CVA Scout availability

Boolit Master

CVA Scout availability

I was wanting to know if other have trouble finding the CVA scout rifles in stock anywhere. I have been looking for a camo Scout V2 in 44 magnum for about a year now and have not had any luck.
    Does CVA just do limited runs of these rifles? There seems to be lots of others trying to find one too from my searches on other forums.
    I really like single shots and the 1-20" twist barrel really makes these appealing.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Boolit Master
    I recently got a CVA in 35 Rem on closeout...but that was almost a year ago. I haven't seen any lately.

Boolit Master
    I found a 44 mag Scout V2 in a gunshop not too far from me last Feb./March He had just got a new shipment in. He had the black stock only. My Cabela's (Dundee, Michigan) got a few in (again black stock SS only) a while later.

I am not sure if the problem with availability is with production or gunshops not taking a chance and ordering them to keep them in stock.

I really like mine, have not worked a lot with it with cast, yet. It handles full house loads of 296 with Hornady 240 gr. XTP's very well.

Boolit Master

I may have to call a couple shops and see if there warehouse dealers they buy from stock them. I was really wanting to handle one before ordering though.

Boolit Master
    My brother in law got one in the early fall and it was a stainless steel with black stock.It is very nice,good quality and good workmanship and a great shooter.He is shooting those Hornady pointed lever bullets and they are shooting about an inch group at 100 yards.One more thing,the gun has a very good trigger right from the factory too.

I was going to buy one too but have not yet

Boolit Master
    See if you can locate a CVA Optima 2...it is a muzzle loader. It is the same rifle only for black powder. The action and trigger are the same. That should give you some idea of the feel and fit of the rifles. I tried to find the camo one first...gave up and purchased the black stock instead. The only camo ones I found were in 243 and 7-08.

Boolit Master

I called my dealer today and he said none of the 5 warehouses he gets guns from had them.

I ordered one from Bud's early this year, but they cancelled my order due to an inventory error. I was bummed as I have a 35 Remington chambered Hunter and it is a fantastic rifle. When I asked at Academy earlier, they said they usually get them in the Fall.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master

Bud's has a hunter in stock in .44.

I have a Hunter in .35 Rem and got a fine rifle for not very much money. My Hunter has a better trigger than a $125 trigger job on my Handi.

I would jump on this, it won't be there long.

By the way, Bud's got the wrong picture. Go to the CVA website for the proper photo.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...R+44MAG+BLUBLK