Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise here
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian hammer mold

Well if it matters i live in the USA

but I am Canadian .

Can i have this mold shipped to my Parents house in Rainy River Ont Can???

I can cast the heads there And if any USA peeps want heads i would cst them there too.

Also If it was decided ok i would be willing to transport this mold from canada to the USA and then shipp it to the first Amarican person on the list?????

If this was decided i would do this.

Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyMisses View Post
    I am definitely interested but it will have to wait until it is a little warmer here and I can cast out in the garage, maybe some time in April if I can track it down by then.

Larry
    The wife goes into Renfrew this AM for groceries. Where would you like it dropped? Seriously. I'm in haley station chum. Drop me a pm with your phone number. It seems like you guys have been hashing this without me jumping in. Apologies,wasnt being rude. Alot of my notifications from here were being junked. I'm on the scene now. How can we get this puppy rolling? to the fellow who said just cast heads,YOU DONT. You put the handle in and cast around it. Anyhoo waiting to hear if I arrange something with toomanymisses or ship elsewhere, and again sorry for slowness

put me on the mailing list for the USA zip code here is 99362

Thanks Jim
    I SHOOT MORE FOR LESS

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.

Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

GAS--> $1.55--1-18-09

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I will sign up for this one, Zip code 60430

Master Tool & Die Maker

Unhappy "I thought this was the Canadian Mould?"

Hey Guys. If you read the thread, it does say that this mould was to stay in Canada. There are two moulds that are in 45Nut's hands, the same as this one, that are suppossed to be shared by our US brethren.

These moulds where donated due to the loss of the all the others, and unfortunately a sure solution has not come about as to "How to" prevent these from vanishing as well.

Waksupi's idea of having them in one place and having someone cast them is about the best one yet. At least we know where the moulds are.

So, Superfly, if you have the mould down in the US, once your done, we'd like it returned back to Canada and not distributed any further.

The purpose of keeping a mould/moulds in both countries was to avoid the cross-border shipping. Canada Customs will probably add taxes to the parcel when it's coming back, if that happens, who's going to pay for this?

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Red River Rick View Post
    Hey Guys. If you read the thread, it does say that this mould was to stay in Canada. There are two moulds that are in 45Nut's hands, the same as this one, that are suppossed to be shared by our US brethren.

These moulds where donated due to the loss of the all the others, and unfortunately a sure solution has not come about as to "How to" prevent these from vanishing as well.

Waksupi's idea of having them in one place and having someone cast them is about the best one yet. At least we know where the moulds are.

So, Superfly, if you have the mould down in the US, once your done, we'd like it returned back to Canada and not distributed any further.

The purpose of keeping a mould/moulds in both countries was to avoid the cross-border shipping. Canada Customs will probably add taxes to the parcel when it's coming back, if that happens, who's going to pay for this?

RRR
    Ya I'm not trying to be a **** but the one fellow who expressed interest and lived so close I'd drive it to his house today, would he not be the logical?
    Last edited by No_1; 03-22-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: language

Banned

whats a hammer mold

??????

Quote Originally Posted by maxvauderk View Post
    ??????
    Perhaps someone not on the worlds last dialemup internet can show you a pic. But basically there is a canadian version,and to the best of my knowledge a couple USA versions . These were produced by our good member RED RIVER RICK. You insert a 1/2" piece of steel or aluminum for a handle,pour the body full of melted wheel weights,open when cooled some and out comes a dead blow type mini shop hammer. They get shipped from user to user,the wanting user just makes a donation if he can to the sight

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Since the last few "loaner molds" have gone MIA, stolen or been damaged,, the RRR molds have not been sent out. If anyone needs a set, they can contact me and I will sell a set, but right now,, the molds stay here.

Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    since the last few "loaner molds" have gone mia, stolen or been damaged,, the rrr molds have not been sent out. If anyone needs a set, they can contact me and i will sell a set, but right now,, the molds stay here.

ok i'll follow suit

Quote Originally Posted by maxvauderk View Post
    ??????

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...4&postcount=95
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

howdy new guy here is this something a guy can still get into.....
    Lively Boy

Boolit Master

I could use a couple of the smaller one what's the price?? shipped to 75980??

Not ranting nor trying to spoil the fun, but if you go through lead hammers like I do, you might want to check with Cook who makes the molds and handles (but I've found that they don't like talking to the little people) so I got a very reasonable deal with these guys in kit form. It came with the mold size of your choice, a Babbitt of really hard lead, and a handle. Extra handles are also available or make your own with a piece of wood for the grip portion and a 1/2 to 5/8" carriage bolt and nut. Tighten the nut down on the drilled wood and stick the other end in your mold. If you grind flats on the end of the bolt, it hangs on a lot better. http://www.grahamtool.com/foundryman.aspx For 4 or 5 trips through the donate line you could have your own perpetual supply of hammers. I use them in forming metal, gunsmithing, knocking sprue plates, just about anywhere I need a dead soft blow that is easy on the finish. Smithy.
    Salvation is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and in Him alone.

So who has the Canadian block's?
    Are they still available?
    What do I have to do to get a couple set's?

Boolit Bub
    i made my own mold and it works very nice. a local auto shop where i get all my free ww asked if i could make him a lead hammer. the hammer weighs about 2.5 lb this is the lead part. the total weight is 3.75 with the 14" ss handle.

anyone?

Boolit Bub
    Never had or heard of the hammer mould, but I do take offence to being called a U.S. mooch, much less a U.S. problem. While I don't have spare money, I do do a fair amount of business with my Canadian FRIENDS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12