Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MiHec Brass 358429 HP/ Aluminum 358429 Keith SWC

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lbullock1 View Post
    Have never ordered on a group buy, and do not know if this is the way it is done, but here goes! I will commit to a two cavity brass, Cramer hp design, 0.358" with all pins. Would like a set of handles if available.
    Basically, put your request on the list. I'm not sure how long they are keeping it open for, but once it moves to "Closed" you will get an invoice via the email you put down. Last MP mold took ~7 business days or so as it comes from EU and has to go through customs.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbullock1 View Post
    Have never ordered on a group buy, and do not know if this is the way it is done, but here goes! I will commit to a two cavity brass, Cramer hp design, 0.358" with all pins. Would like a set of handles if available.
    You're close! He will still need your email address and he will send you a Paypal invoice to that address when the molds are finished, packed and ready to ship.
    Scroll back up through the posts and look at the other's orders to see different ways to disguise your email so the spambots that are always surfing the web don't find it and bomb your box with junk mail.

It'll be something like Bobs.email at gmail(dot). com or something similar so that an address scanner doesn't pick it up easily.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    im in for one , devilsace at hotmail dot com

4 cavity brass .360 , all pins please and handles
    plain base

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    You're close! He will still need your email address and he will send you a Paypal invoice to that address when the molds are finished, packed and ready to ship.
    Scroll back up through the posts and look at the other's orders to see different ways to disguise your email so the spambots that are always surfing the web don't find it and bomb your box with junk mail.

It'll be something like Bobs.email at gmail(dot). com or something similar so that an address scanner doesn't pick it up easily.
    Appreciate the help, but where do I put my email address,
    i.e. do I just put in in the same post as my commitment to buy, or do I go to his website and send it to him from there?

Boolit Master
    Zubrato is monitoring the group buy, you can add your email address via post here. I've got a 45 HP mihec mold, its awesome I wouldn't regret waiting for it.

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    Zubrato is monitoring the group buy, you can add your email address via post here. I've got a 45 HP mihec mold, its awesome I wouldn't regret waiting for it.
    Okay, my email address is lbullock1@triad.rr.com.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

List has been updated, and lbullock1 i have included your disguised email, you can delete or modify your post using (at) for @ and (dot) for .
    There are programs that scan the internet through google that pick up emails using these symbols, which they add to lists in order to send you nigerian prince scams, or chinese herbal powder for your doodle.

Huge thank you to everyone who keeps checking back, and helping others along, I know I was confused my first group buy.
    Mihec molds are indeed worth the wait, every time I bring out my 9mm HP mold I can't stop casting. I know I should stop at some point but once the mold & melt is at a perfect temp and the boolits drop easily all shiny and flawless with that hollowpoint... Well I guess it couldn't hurt to cast just a few more
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Boolit Master
    Oh OK you twisted my arm, dang it Beagle this is your fault.... I'll take the following please in a .360" Plain Base, 4-cavity brass cramer HP, Pin sets - 2sets big round, 2sets small round, and blank set. 41mag (at) peoplepc (dot) com Geeze Louise now I gotta get another row of boxes started on my organizer rack.
    Last edited by 41mag; 12-26-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Master
    I'll take a 2 cavity with the small round hp pins please.

eric at whitetigerleatherworks dot com
    See Some of My Holster Work Here:
    www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    Anybody know the dimensions of "big" and "small" round pins? Pics would be helpful too.

Don
    Repeat, as I got no reply.

Don

Boolit Bub
    Put me down for a 2 cavity brass cramer hollow point 1 set large and small pins. E-mail is Ravenhawk57@aol.com. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    Anybody know the dimensions of "big" and "small" round pins? Pics would be helpful too.

Don
    As of yet, no pictures are available other than eye candy from previously modified molds.

I've found multiple sources of information detailing the original pin size, depth and angle, however the method and design of the older hollowpoint molds, ie using a single pin that is withdrawn from the closed mold before it is opened, differs from the cramer method where the mold is opened, and the boolits are expected to fall free of the pins.
    I asked Miha for his experience regarding cramer HP pins, and he mentioned rounded pins, large and small.
    The smaller pins will most likely prove useful at higher velocities, with a high BHN in order to retain boolit mass & penetration capability.

The goal is very similar to the beautiful mold modified by Erik Ohlen to Mr. Fryxell's specs seen on http://www.lasc.us/Fryxell38KeithHP358439.htm (bottom of the page)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ohlen 4-cavity 358429HPPic8-9.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	156499

Miha is a busy guy on any given day of the week, and while I know we want updates, pics, molds, and boolits I'm sure we will hear a little more soon after the big holiday season, after everyone has spent quality time with family and relatives.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and wishing everyone a Happy new year!
    Recycle, Reuse, Reload.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm #24 on the list. Please change my order to .360 diameter. My hope is that with the right alloy this will allow the reduced diameter front band to cast at .358 rather than .356 and then I can get all three bands sized to .358.

Boolit Mold
    I would like to get on the list .358 plain base all pins two cavity.
    This is a first for me let me know if I missed something
    robertscontender at gmail dot com

Boolit Bub
    Please put me down for : .360 large round 2cav.
    yukonmarco [at] g maildot com

thanks

Just finished doing some measurements. I was wanting this mold for a M&P R8 and the absolute longest OAL it will accept is 1.6355 and that would leave no wiggle room at all. I typically load them at 1.59 and sometimes a little longer if necessary. This mold design indicates the OAL can be no shorter than 1.665 when crimped within the supplied crimp groove, which is way too long for this particular wheelgun and many others. Anyone else done measurements and noticed the length on this thing is going to be longer than it should be?

Well, after doing a little reading, as I should have from the beginning, I now see the issue. Read the article linked in the original post.

The S&W .357 Magnum was made with the same cylinder length of the .38/44 Heavy Duty, and if the 358439 was loaded into Magnum brass, and crimped in the crimp groove, the overall cartridge length was too long to function in the relatively short cylinder. Keith recommended that his bullet either be seated deep in .357 brass and crimped over the forward driving band, or loaded into .38 Special cases and crimped in the crimp groove for use in the S&W N-framed .357 Magnums. Most of the more recent models of .357 Magnum revolvers have been made with longer cylinders, so this is not an issue.
    Guess some of the newer revolvers are in fact still using the shorter cylinders. 627/327 just won't work with this one.

Please remove me from the group buy. I may decide to purchase a different wheelgun in the future that will feed these, but undecided and don't want to be taking up space on the list without knowing for certain I have something that can use these as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by rototerrier View Post
    Well, after doing a little reading, as I should have from the beginning, I now see the issue. Read the article linked in the original post.

Guess some of the newer revolvers are in fact still using the shorter cylinders. 627/327 just won't work with this one.

Please remove me from the group buy. I may decide to purchase a different wheelgun in the future that will feed these, but undecided and don't want to be taking up space on the list without knowing for certain I have something that can use these as intended.
    One reason I went with a 5" GP-100, this bullet is juuuussst flush with the cylinder when loaded in .357 iirc. Its also just short enough to run in the 77/357 as well though it might not cycle depending on your particular gun.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Master
    The boolits from my old Lyman mold shoot very well loaded in .357 cases and seated/crimped to the shoulder.

Boolit Mold
    4 cavity pb hp round pins .357 dougatshadowarms.net. Make that all pins.
    Last edited by HiPower; 01-10-2016 at 01:10 AM.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast