Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: Which is the better single stage press?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • RCBS Rockchucker

63 48.09%
  • Lyman Orange Crusher

2 1.53%
  • Other

66 50.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which is the better single stage press?

Banned

I'll say the lee classic cast. Been using one for years

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by A pause for the COZ View Post
    Had a Rock Chucker and liked it, Very well made. Purchased a LEE Classic cast single stage. SOLD the Rock Chucker.
    But I have to tell ya. I am kinda liking that new Hornady cast iron single stage. So maybe next year I will choose a different one.
    Yeah, that's nothin', I bought a Lee hand press and sold my RCBS A-2, Forster Co-ax, and my Mint Hollywood press......c'mon man!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Forester Co-ax gets my vote.

Boolit Buddy
    I just looked at the new Hornady Lock-n-Load Iron Press. Might be a good possibility:
    http://www.hornady.com/store/Presses-and-Kits-New

Lee Classic Cast.
    regards,

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kerr View Post
    Lee Classic Cast.
    I'm kinda curious as to how many votes in the "other" category are for the Lee Classic cast. It's my favorite too (I own 2 Rock chuckers, and an Ammomaster single also). It can do anything any of the others can do (maybe with the exception of the Rock crusher and the Redding ultra mag), has excellent spent primer collection and is far less expensive than any of them.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Count me on the Lee CC fan club. Of the two I have the old stile one, no Breech Lock, is my pref.

Boolit Master
    RCBS RC had always done it for me.

I never had much issue with the primer catcher. Yeah a few bounce out. That's why we have those wonderful tools called brooms & dustpans. Or wet/dry vacs.

Boolit Bub
    Lee Classic Cast for me.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm not so sure there is a best press. I've been using a Rockchucker for about 30yrs now and never had a problem with it. Has done every thing I've asked of it. Before that I had a very old RCBS Jr and that one I used for close to 20yrs. never gave me a problen but I figured I'd up grade. I don't do any heavy case forming that might make a difference. When I started I used an old Lyman, think it was a lyman, C press. Never had a problem with it but again no heavy case forming. My old Jr and present Rockcchucker have taken 308's to 243 in one pass and 30-06's to 25-06 in one pass, didn't bother them at all. I think that other than speed picking a press amounts to simplypicking one that you like. if on the other hand you want production, a turret is the way to go. For 9mm I have a Dillon Sq Deal that has been working well for about 20yrs. Getting an answer for which product is best depends mostly on who you talk to, every product that survives has it champion's that swear it's the best!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsnguns View Post
    Another vote for the co-ax press. My favorite by far.
    Another vote for the co-ax press. My favorite by far.

Boolit Master
    I can't vote because I never used the OC. I got my RCBS RCII in 1985 and it works as good now as when I got it. I did have a chance to use a couple other presses and can tell you that there is really is a difference between presses. So far I haven't used a press that has the combination of power and excellent feel or feed back, if you will, that my Rockchucker gives me.

The fact that I have been using it for going on 31 years probably helps too.

Motor

Boolit Mold
    I have a newer rockchucker and use the hornady lock-n-load bushings on it (which I love) and have been very happy with everything except the supplied primer catcher. Seemed much more solid to me that the others I looked at, and had much less play. But I am new to this, and my vote doesn't really much count . But so far it has worked great for me.

I've had the RCBS Rockchucker, Forster Co-Ax (made for Asian females with teeny tiny hands), Lyman Crusher, Redding Ultramag, Lee Classic Cast on my bench. The ones that are still there are the Ultramag and Classic Cast. By the way, nothing beats the Ultramag.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Master
    Rcbs a2.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234