Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Loadmaster recommended spare parts?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Dam. That's a lot o Boolits
    UnfortunatelyI have a 450yd range literally out my front door , makes it extremly hard not to shoot,lol, Thanks,a view out my front door wind storm a couple of days before knocked down my IPSC targets,

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    You might want to check out mikesreloadingbench.com My understanding is his mods get the priming system pretty close to 100% and eliminates the major downfall of most progressives, the priming system.
    Thanks for the info, yes 100% would be great, TY

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Why are u using a chain? A 50cent spring fixed it for me.
    FYI The spring is not intended for the LM. You need to be very careful. It is very easy to double charge the power. Having said that, I have a spring on mine.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    If you're willing to drill a hole through the press frame, you can add that spring to a eye bolt mountd at on the back half the price just to the left of the primer rocker activation bolt. Another alternative is to get a 1/4" inch longer primer bolt and tie it off above the locking nut.
    I went with an extra large diameter 1/4 fender washer with an 1/8" hole drilled near the very edge. Placed between the locking nut and the press of the primer arm bolt and things line up in a straight line. Pretty easy and no drilling to the press.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by RobS View Post
    I went with an extra large diameter 1/4 fender washer with an 1/8" hole drilled near the very edge. Placed between the locking nut and the press of the primer arm bolt and things line up in a straight line. Pretty easy and no drilling to the press.

Great idea,I have very good use of my Load master Was going to call it luck ,tho there's no luck about,u just learn to use it,watch what's going on everything works,yes of course there's a few primer mishaps, not enough to prime separately, that would defeat the purpose of a progressive

Does anyone have photos (maybe even a side by side) showing the difference between the two different styles of primer slides, they could post?

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Does anyone have photos (maybe even a side by side) showing the difference between the two different styles of primer slides, they could post?
    Ranch Dog did a great job of explaining everything in this post, with excellent pics:
    http://www.lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1000

What he does not show is Magic Mike's design of Mike's Reloading Bench, which I have just received. After examining the Lee designs and Mike's modifications, I must say his design is a superior design and includes several mods to the carrier and other parts to fully utilize the improved design. Even without operating it, I can see where his design eliminates several issues and moves the Lee press from a "so-so" press to a reliable ammo manufacturing machine.

I'm in the process, almost done, of coming up with an improvement to the case feeder to handle rifle cases. The original design was for pistol cases, not rifle and is a bit short. But I've come up with some simple, inexpensive mods to stabilize the tall rifle cases from the drop point until they're installed on the shell plate. I'm building the "Beta" version today and should be testing in the next few. If the design is successful, the case feeder would be worthy of building a motorized case collator for it, thereby totally changing the game of a low end progressive.

Thanks for the link, that is what I was looking for.

After examining the Lee designs and Mike's modifications
    Do you have any photos of the modifications?

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Thanks for the link, that is what I was looking for.

Do you have any photos of the modifications?
    I do not, but plan on posting them when I post a thread on the fully modified Loadmaster with "all the trimmings."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12