RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Inline Fabrication's Ultramount with quick change base plate review

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar

Inline Fabrication's Ultramount with quick change base plate review

Note: I don't work nor am I paid to do anything for Inline Fabrications. I am simply a well satisfied customer.

Several years back, I wanted a roller handle for my RCBS Pro 2000 press. Nobody made one, so I contacted Dan from Inline Fabrication. They didn't make one at the time, but Dan was willing to make me one and actually bought a Pro 2000 to design a proper ergonomic handle. So I ended up getting the first roller handle available for a Pro 2000 press. It's been an excellent addition to my Pro 2000 and saved my hand/arm over thousands of rounds now.

Fast forward to November 2015. I wanted a quality raised mount for my Pro 2000, my Lee Classic Cast single stage and my brand new Lee Loadmaster progressive. I'd read about Inline Fabrications quick change base plate Ultramounts and having personal experience with their roller handles, I decided to buy one. I could not have been more pleased.

First off, the gauge of the steel the product is made from is 1/8th's thick. If you've ever bought a tool stand from Harbor Freight, you know this is right at triple to four time the thickness of the stands they're sell to support power tools for use in the garage/basement. Hardware is included and you can assemble one quickly and easily, ready to mount on your bench.

Second, the product is stamped in such as way as to give maximum strength. These Ultramounts are not going to notice your press is on them, no matter how heavy your press is.

Third, the quick change base is fantastic. You just mount your reloading press to the base and you can store it in a cabinet, hang it on the wall using Inline Fabrication's brackets, or you can simply lay it on your bench shelf. When you're ready to put it on the press, it's quick and easy. It has a tab in the back that fits into the Ultramount and two 1/4-20 screw studs in the front. You insert the tab, guide the studs into their respective holes in the Ultramount base, place the hold downs on the studs, screw them tight and your done changing presses. Set up your press, add components and start reloading. The Ultramount comes with high quality hardware to assemble it completely except for the bolts for mounting the Ultramount to the top of your reloading bench. I bet if they could predict the thickness and material of your reloading bench, the mounting bolts would come in the kit as well.

Fourth, the steel is powder coated with a slick black paint that looks fantastic and is easy to clean of grease/oils/filth while not being delicate/easy to chip/scratch at all.

Fifth and finally, if you want to add another quick change baseplate, all you have to do is go back to Inline Fabrication's website, look up the one you need from their pulldown button and order it. Note: The list is very long of presses and things you can mount, so finding the one you need on the list may be the most difficult thing you do.

In my opinion, you can't buy a more ideal reloading press mount/stand. This thing is better than sliced bread, is a bag of chips and is all that. Here's a few pics, I wanted to post them sooner, but it appears the site was down for a few days or my ISP provider couldn't access the servers for some reason or another. Without further ado:

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cast Iron Pro 2000 on Inline Fabrications quick change plate and storage bracket.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	153424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lee Classic Cast on Inline Fabrications quick change plate and mounting bracket.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	153425
    Last edited by DaveInFloweryBranchGA; 11-15-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I've been meaning to buy one of these for awhile. It would be nice to raise everything up a little on my bench and the quick change plates would make press swaps easy. Thanks for the review. Have any pics? Everyone likes pictures

Boolit Buddy
    I'm also happy with the products and service. I didn't need/want the extra height of the ultramounts, so I installed a couple of the flush mount quick change base plates into my benchtop (installed flush with front edge too, not overhanging).

I have a couple more items I'm planning on ordering soon. Hoping for another "black friday" sale like previous years.

Banned

I have three Ultramounts and then added the quick change system/plates when they came out. Went a little crazy as I have them for everything, a vise, RCBS "bench mounted" priming tool, and 6 different presses. Makes a lot of sense to me as there is no over-hang off the bench and I like the increased height. I also have their roller handles for every press I have except my $30 Lee Reloader Press. I like that cheap C frame. It even has its own dedicated quick change plate. Since I have three Ultramounts, I can set up three presses in a short row and move a piece of brass from one "station/mount/press" to the next and finish off a round quickly. Right now, I do all my brass prep work off the press. Keeps all the crud/dirt away from my presses. Harvey Hand Deprimer, clean, size (some sizing with hand press and some on cheap C press depending), clean off sizing lube, prime with hand primer or RCBS tool on Ultramount. Now I am ready for my row of presses. Then I flair/expand/charge on first Ultramount press, seat on the second and crimp on the third. Goes fast, I just have to keep moving the brass and then into the tray/box. I can do 250 to 350 an hour this way with complete quality control at an easy pace. But that does not include all the work that I put into the case prep: depriming, cleaning, sizing, cleaning, and priming.
    Last edited by jmort; 11-11-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Boolit Master

I also have several ultramounts and am extremely pleased with the products I've received from Dan.

I don't have the ultramounts but I did buy their turret caddy for Lee turrets. Excellent product and I highly recommend them.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

I love that he offers 3 different sizes of his ultra mount. I have the middle size with quick change base plate system and I have a flush mount quick change base plate system on a second bench.

Boolit Master
    I love that press storage system.

Thanks for the pictures.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

I know this is an old thread but I was curious as to how much space it takes to mount one of these. From pics im guessing its about 12 x 12 inches but really hard to tell from the pics. I was looking into making a small reloading bench/stand of some sort to save on space and the ultramount looks like it would work good.

Boolit Man
    Footprint of the raised mount is 9"x9"-the flush mount is 8"x8". I have a bunch of his stuff-can't go wrong with anything he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetman View Post
    Footprint of the raised mount is 9"x9"-the flush mount is 8"x8". I have a bunch of his stuff-can't go wrong with anything he makes.
    Thanks