Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: What happened to the reloading gear at gunbroker

What happened to the reloading gear at gunbroker

I'm getting back into casting and hand loading after a few years away from shooting sports due to health Issues.

Now I'm getting out my gear to decide what to set up in the limited space I have now. I really didn't realize how much gear I really had gathered. I attract reloading gear like a magnet. I don't ask about it or look for it anymore, it finds me. Last Sunday my family got together for a big meal everyone came. One of my sons came in and said I left some stuff for you in the back of your van. When I got home I found a New Lee classic single stage press along with a couple sets of shell holders rcbs 30-06 dies etc. Two heavy boxes of stuff.

I decided to visit gunbroker to get some idea of how to price the items I decide to sell

I was stunned at the lack of reloading gear ??? Have folks left gunbroker for a better site to sell gear ?? Or, is the lack of powder measures and presses etc due to people prepping for disaster or what ???

It's been an interesting few years for me dealing with a few health issues but I wasn't in a cave. I listen to the news and read a lot, but I haven't been visiting here or on any other shooting sports sites for a few years.

What happened? Is there a reason for a shortage ???

At any rate I'm doing the same thing all the other old handloaders seem to do after they reach 60 and that is downsize downsize downsize

Where did the people or loading equipment go that used to be on gunbroker Is there a better site to sell on?

Bill in Ga

My guess is Evil Bay.

Boolit Master
    local facebook classified groups, we have one just for shooting/hunting gear in my area and thats where I peddle all my stuffs. also try armslist.com

Boolit Master
    Gunbroker sellers seem to mostly professionals. They put a price on an item and forget about it. It stays for months or a year sometimes.

I think the buyers left so the people that want to move stuff went to EBay.
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I buy new. Period. So I have not really noticed older used stuff going away.

You are now limited to a very few sales/month on here with the new rules in place.

Try evilbay or craig's list.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    I buy new. Period. So I have not really noticed older used stuff going away.

You are now limited to a very few sales/month on here with the new rules in place.

Try evilbay or craig's list.
    Craigslist no longer allows anything gun related including reloading stuff. Listing still pop up though if not soon removed. eBay is not evil to me. I sometimes find good bargains there. YMMV

I bought my favorite press, my lyman all American turret press from the for sale area here. I also bought several used molds from different members I also found some great lubes. This site has always had a great for sale area!

The last deall I made before I got sick was for 3 complete Lee pro 1000 presses all set up with everything including tubes and dies for 38 45 acp and 9mm. I found all that great stuff right here.

I think I can sell a lot of it to friends around here locally. Ebay is always an option. I've bought several hand loading tools there in the past for sure.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by beeser View Post
    Craigslist no longer allows anything gun related including reloading stuff. Listing still pop up though if not soon removed. eBay is not evil to me. I sometimes find good bargains there. YMMV

I sold many many thousands of $$ of stuff on evilbay in years past. NOT gun stuff. Today they have made their stupid rules just too obnoxious for sellers. They are probably good for only the buyers, but I do not participate at all anymore in that silly site.

Like I said, I buy everything NEW locally to keep the $$ in my state.

You see a lot of stuff on EBay. The Swapping and Selling forum here has less than in times past but that is possibly because the new rules make resale of bulk purchased estate and auction items difficult because of limits on listings and items per listing.

I would hope you would give folks here first crack at your finds. At 5 items per thread and 3 threads a month you can sell off 15 "whatever" in a month and I'm sure that Lee press would find a ready buyer.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

I just typed "reloading" in the search at GB an it has 2061 items. Mostly components but some tools http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=reloading

Ebay tends be more expensive for used. For new Amazon and the othe on-line stores are hard to beat.

Craigslist here has a good amount of stuff under "reloading"
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 11-10-2015 at 09:03 PM.

The OP points out what most reloading equipment enthusiasts have known for some years. Gunbroker is a secondary site for online reloading Equipment purchases or sales. Components are pretty popular on Gunbroker since Ebay is so restrictive for brass, bullets, etc. But many Gunbroker die and equipment sellers place their item up for auction at higher than typical sales prices on other sites (actual Ebay sales) and then leave it there for months. Some may think that is cool but for marketing purposes prospective buyers soon become aware and discouraged when all they have to pick from is over priced rejects. Now, sellers of new Equipment on Gunbroker may be more attuned to the market but that is not really what the OP is talking about. Its a competitive world out there and sellers who have their head out of the sand make or break a site for volume listings and sales.
    regards,

Boolit Buddy
    I found a few deals on GB but its been a few years and nothing since that I needed. I still look when in need but I prefer evilbay since it has more selection and lower cost for equipment. I don't care for GB's bid system either, and the added time and expense of money orders , +3% for CC, or calling in your CC #. I prefer to bid at the last second what I feel the item is worth, or a buy now item and pay right then, or keep looking if I don't win a auction item. I buy from members here as much as anywhere else anymore, but the new S&S policy has slowed the supply here way down. Non gun people don't sell on GB much, so that greatly limits GB's supply of used equipment IMO. I buy most brass here or new, but miss the days of brass and bullet deals on eBay before the liberals turned it into evilbay.

If you want to get the most money out of equipment eBay is your friend, I sold a 650 the spring after the POTUS won reelection and sandyhook for more than $1800, setup for a single caliber. Had a new 1050 two weeks later...

Ebay, Craigslist or Facebook groups. Private forums like this one that have a marketplace as well.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Actually, the reloading equipment section in Gun Broker has over 14,000 entries. The reloading supplies section has over 17,000 entries or over 350 pages of supplies. The big problem(other than most is way overpriced by dealers) with that is that both the equipment and the supplies are lumped together in one big pile. They should have made categories i.e. cases, powder, primers, presses and so on that the sellers could have entered their item in. They do have a search feature, but it sometimes doesn't work like it should.

Boolit Master

I almost never bother with looking in GB anymore with an eye to buy, only as an idea of the most I should pay. . If I am going to pay new prices, I might as well buy new instead of used. Besides, if you buy an item off GB that is advertised as "excellent condition" and it turns up rusty with what looks like pipe wrench marks damage by a guerilla user, and the seller refuses to do anything about it , you will not get any help from GB. They have their money and they could care less about your problem. My experience anyway.