Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite "C" press

Favorite "C" press

I like the easy use and accessibility of a C press over the O press. What is yalls favorite C presses?

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Mine WAS this nice Super Deluxe Pacific, but I sold it as I found a RCBS A2!

I don't own any "C" presses anymore!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

I have a C press, Lee, mounted upside down under a table, it pretty much does one job, sizes boolits and crimps on gas checks.

I prefer my lee hand press for most other jobs, as it is flexible, goes anywhere. I can sit and watch TV with my wife while I process brass. I do use the big O press also lee for the big cartridges like 7.62x54 for my Mosin's. .223, 7.62x39 and pistol are easy with the hand press. Breech lock makes for quick changes.

Only downside is when decapping/sizing have to stop every 25-30 rounds and empty the spent primers.

Boolit Buddy
    While not a C press I love the accessibility of my RCBS Summit. You can also tighten its linkage so your not wasting any motion and only travel the press the length needed and it stays there with minimal extra force required. Used a friends Lyman Spartan years ago but did not like the brass not being vertical. This could be changed though by shimming when mounting the press.

Boolit Buddy
    Four decades ago my wife gave me a Herter's Reloading Outfit as a Christmas Gift. Over the years I have added a couple Bonanza Co-ax presses, a couple Dillons, a bunch of Lyman Jr's. But that old Herter's Model 3 Super C still holds a spot on my bench.

Boolit Master
    I have the Super Deluxe Pacific press Seagiant showed and it's a very solid press but it sits all alone in a cupboard since I bought my rockchucker.
    One day i'll mount it on the bench and give it a workout every now and then,,,, maybe,,,,
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Lachmiller. So smooth it feels like the ram is missing.

Bruce

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07689.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	153020

Redding #25 Turret Press. I think this is considered a C press.

I have seveal presses on my bench, but the question is about the C press, is it not. That would be my early 50's Pacific Super C. I started reloading on one of these and they still get most of my use. They are not any better than a compound linkage press, but they will produce ammo just as good.

I got this on on Ebay about three years ago, for $20.00 to my front door. It was missing the handle, so I made one from a shot out 1917 barrel. The handle is hollow with rifling in it. Kinda neat, I thought.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I don't see any thing WRONG with a "C" press!

A lot as shown are pretty stout and should be good for any brass that can fit it!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Grand Master

1. Pacific Super Deluxe (circa 1960), the big boy that does heavy stuff.
    2. Eagle Cobra 300 , middle weight, used for hand gun reloading .
    3. Lee Hand Press , fly weight , I use it in the house and can take it to the office , handgun and 30-30 reloads.

I can't just pick one, they are like children...I love them all.

Gary

Boolit Master
    Redding Ultramag. I was reading a book on reloading written by Redding and they described it as a C press. I call it a hybrid of sorts.

take care

r1kk1

I load my service rifle match loads on a lyman Spartan and a Redding C-press. I would hate to load without them.

I had a Lyman Spartan until i lost my stuff in a house fire. I made a wedge out of ash to make the press hold the shell vertically. I liked the clearance it gave me, and the ability to move both hands, one with brass going to, and one with brass going from, to speed up pistol brass processing.

I am considering getting a lee hand press. I like the concept but havent used one.

Boolit Master

My Pacific Super C is still on my bench along with Rockchucker and Dillon. Use it for specialty stuff all the time.

In Remembrance

Two Lyman Spartan presses. Can't get along without them.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Ultramag for me.

,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Mold
    Hello All,
    Just wanted to comment on your super deluxe pacific "C" press. I have one variant of that same press. Just slightly different. Excellent press, and I still use it regularly in my reloading room. On a different note, would anyone know where I might still be able to find a primer catcher like the one on your press. Mine still works, but is cracked. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    My all time Favorite is My lachmiller. simple , easy opening and smooth
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Cha-Gar,

I too use a Lyman Spartan, nice press. Although mine does not have such a cool handle! I may just have to remedy that.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast