Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lovex Powders

Moderator Emeritus

It's my State's slogan, they've been putting it on our license plates for decades

Attachment 213061
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I suppose I should have paid a little better attention during my U.S. history class haha.

You're a bit farther than 50 miles from me. Sorry, I'd gladly split it with you! I'm still highly considering picking up a package of it.

Anyone know where this powder went on their website? Saw it a few days ago and went back to buy today but can't find it now.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Anyone know where this powder went on their website? Saw it a few days ago and went back to buy today but can't find it now.
    Tony
    They seem to sell it somewhat quickly. If you are on facebook, look up the group associated with the company (Redeye Reloading).

The owner is quite active in the group, and he does a good job of letting members know about the availability of certain items. If you are not able to (or don't have a facebook account), I can try and message him a bit later to see if he has any. He may have sold out again.

Moderator Emeritus

I also see the post on FB that made me aware of the powder has been pulled also.
    That stuff went quick.
    I recall they have a batch of it last fall...I'm not sure if that's any indication of the frequency that they get a batch or not? But if they made money on it, and they are able to get more, I'm sure they will get some as soon as they can.

FYI, The person from Redeye posts lots of ads and announcements for new items in the FB group "TRR - Buy and Sell"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

I ended up ordering a batch of it. Certainly seems to be packaged well enough. My wife wasn't too amused though

Moderator Emeritus

I didn't mention this before, but my Brother lives in Detroit.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 02-07-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I didn't mention this before, but my Brother lives in Detroit.
    I don't know how the weather is there, but driving around here isn't much fun right now. We have been getting a good amount of snow.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 02-07-2018 at 01:41 PM.

When I get some of this loaded up, I will try to get back here with results on how it shoots. Others I have talked to seem to have good results with it using data posted from the website I believe that was posted previously in this thread.

Boolit Master
    JonB,

I might be interested in splitting some thing in these powders, but my interests are only in the Accurate #2 #5 & #9 equivalents.

I do not know the pricing on what is being available & it looks like it is "iffy" as to when it is available, but , like I said, it might interest me if ya want to split some up & I can ask around to see if anyone else might be interested around here as well. Or, maybe find someone in between us...

Let me know if ya want to do something like that, although we are 70-80 miles apart, not 50.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    I looked at redeye reloading. His powder prices are outrageous. He is insane high.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBore45 View Post
    I looked at redeye reloading. His powder prices are outrageous. He is insane high.
    Those prices have hazmat and shipping built into them, it's not just the price of the powder.

Also, it sounds like there are a few 33 pound bundles of powder left as of last night, if anyone is still looking to get some.

I use the D 60 01 buffalo it is the 5477 equivalent. I shot cast the lee 309-150fn out of a ruger precision. Some at the range looked at me funny for shooting cast out of that rifle. I was getting good results and one guy was impressed on the cast and results. So was I, I realy like the powder it burned good no leading using alox lube with gas check.

Boolit Master

Ijust ordered 8lb of buffalo powder from midsouth they are paying haz, mate on that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric88 View Post
    I'm right there with you. I think I have about 10-12 pounds of pistol powder already sitting, and I'm not sure if I really need 33 pounds more of it. I'm not sure what the land of 10,000 lakes is, but if I was anywhere near you I would go in on it with you lol
    Hi Ya, it’s Minnesota where my future summer home is.
    I’m currently using 6.0 gn of AA#5 for 9mm 115 gn. Unfortunately I’m currently on left coast.

Boolit Master
    I thought LOVEX made personal lubricants in powder form.

Boolit Master

Started experimenting with the Buffalo bore. Good results so far. If they came out with reloader 7 / 4198 alternative i would jump on it.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Started experimenting with the Buffalo bore. Good results so far. If they came out with reloader 7 / 4198 alternative i would jump on it.

The burn rate chart at the end of their data book shows D063 being about the same as Reloader 7 / 4198. Shooters World calls it Blackout.

Boolit Master

At 20 bucks a pound around here i am going to have to try it.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12