Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lovex Powders

Lovex Powders

Does anyone have any experience with any of the Lovex powders made in the Czech Republic?

In particular, I'm looking for data for the following powders:

D 037-02 (a handgun powder)
    D0-60-01 (a rifle powder)
    D0-63-02 (a rifle powder)
    D0-73-01 (a rifle powder)

Thanks,

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Thanks, John Boy. I've got that information. I'm really kind of looking for real world experience, and was hoping some forum members from the east side of the Atlantic would chime in.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Fred, there is only one fella I read that bought it branded as Clean Shot and loads his 38 Spls with it. He extols the quality of the reloads. Until more distributors come on board importing it - actual reload experience is going to be scarce
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    google Lovex
    there is a download for a loading manual

D 013-01 Disc powder Accurate® NITRO 100 equivalent

D 032-03 Spherical porous powder Accurate® No. 2 equivalent

D 036-03 Spherical powder Accurate® No. 5 equivalent

D 037-01 Spherical powder Accurate® No. 7 equivalent

D 037-02 Spherical powder Accurate® No. 9 equivalent

D 060-01 Tubular powder Accurate® 5744 equivalent

D 063-02 Spherical powder Accurate® 1680 equivalent

D 073-04 Spherical powder Accurate® 2460, 2520, 2474 equivalent

D 073-05 Spherical powder Accurate® 2230 equivalent

S 015-02 Disc porous powder Accurate® SOLO 1000 equivalent

S 016-01 Disc porous powder Accurate® SOLO 1250 equivalent

S 060-02 Tubular powder Accurate® 2015 BR equivalent

S 062-02 Tubular powder Accurate® 4064 equivalent

S 070-02 Tubular powder Accurate® 4350 equivalent

S 071-01 Tubular powder Accurate® 3100 equivalent
    Last edited by 4060MAY; 11-10-2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: added info

John Boy,

I read the thread on SASSNET about the Clean Shot. I don't have that particular powder, but I know someone who does and he really likes it. I can get some from him to try in my Cowboy loads.

4060MAY,

I've got the data manual from Lovex, but it doesn't show some of the powders I've got. It lists the main powder, i.e.: DO-60, but not DO-60-01. Some of the data is rather limited in bullet weights, too.

I was just hoping one of the European shooters who have used these powders would chime in and tell me their experiences.

Fred

Clean Shot

I picked up a pound of Clean Shot from a friend of mine that has a reloading plant and gun shop. This powder did great in my 45 acp and i plan on testing some in 9mm and 38 special. I was in his shop this past Saturday and found he had some of this shooters world powder (Lovex) for Magnum Loads in pistol. ( Every one that has tried this powder that i know really likes the stuff)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0620.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	153023
    Last edited by yancey; 11-10-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: add info

Boolit Master
    Reloaderfred
    I have both the 2011 and 2015 reloading manual
    both reference DO-60 but not DO-60-01, looking at the manual the prefix S is single base and D is double base powder
    I don't remember where I picked up the powder references to Accurate
    getting old is tough
    might try here http://www.explosia.cz/en/?show=streliviny
    there is contact info from the manufacture

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC18772.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	153035The only Lovex powder I have used is DO 60, which is the new name for Accurate 5744 over here in the UK.

ukrifleman.

Thank you both for your replies. My concern is the suffix to the numbers, since the data would indicate that each suffix designates a different powder. At least that's what I'm seeing in the data from Lovex. My QuickLoad program also doesn't list some of the powders I've got with the suffixes. It lists DO-60, but not DO-60-1.

I'll probably have to just load up some light loads with what I have and see what my chronograph tells me.

Thanks again,

Fred

Go to the website. http://www.explosia.cz

Explosia made most of the powders sold under the Accurate brand. I use D060 ( Accurate 5744) and S040 which has no Accurate analogue but comparing the physical properties and loading data appears to be a clone of 2400.

Where there is a dash following in the number these are slight variants required by commercial loading customers rather than home loaders. These can be small changes in density or deterrent coating thickness. Most of these are not available in canister form.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Thank you andrew375 and ukrifleman. It appears they're having a dispute with a company in the UK about distribution of their powders there:

"We note all users that the company Proper Cartridges (Great Britain) without justification offers smokeless powders Lovex for reloading purposes in canisters not approved by us. Company Explosia a.s. significantly dissociates from such business practices, and declares that it is not liable for the quality of these distributed propellants. Explosia a.s. also refuses any responsibility for injury of the handling with this gunpowders."

With that said, I was able to print their charts of the different double base powders, which I have, and find what they're best suited for. I'll be able to work up some loads from there with the chronograph.

Thanks again,

Fred

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    Thank you andrew375 and ukrifleman. It appears they're having a dispute with a company in the UK about distribution of their powders there:

"We note all users that the company Proper Cartridges (Great Britain) without justification offers smokeless powders Lovex for reloading purposes in canisters not approved by us. Company Explosia a.s. significantly dissociates from such business practices, and declares that it is not liable for the quality of these distributed propellants. Explosia a.s. also refuses any responsibility for injury of the handling with this gunpowders."

With that said, I was able to print their charts of the different double base powders, which I have, and find what they're best suited for. I'll be able to work up some loads from there with the chronograph.

Thanks again,

Fred
    Hmmm.... ,

First I have heard of this dispute, possibly why Lovex powders have been in short supply over here lately.

Just as well I am also working up some cast loads with Rel 7!

ukrifleman.

Boolit Master

I am currently using Shooters World, Blackout Powder. This is Lovex DO 63-2 and in my .300 Blackout AR and I think it is great. This powder is supposed to be similar to or the same as Accurate 1680. In my blackout I am shooting the Harris 155 gr. with a load that fills the case to the base of the bullet with very good accuracy. I would highly recommend it. It seems to be easier to get than Accurate 1680 from Powder Valley or North Georgia Reloading for around $155.00 for 8 lbs.

Ken

Boolit Buddy

Shooters World has impressed me to no end thus far, its all I shoot in my rifle calibers these days. Still using Titegroup in my pistols but that's because I had some 8lbers.

Boolit Mold
    DO73-01 is apparently the origin of Data2200/AA2200. Current AA2200 is made by St. Marks.

Moderator Emeritus

Does anyone have experience with Lovex DO36.03 ?
    Lovex is made in the Czech Republic
    I found a source offering this (and this only) for stupid cheap, but you have to buy 33 lbs.
    they claim it is an equivalent to Accurate no.5

They had a data list on the website
    Attachment 213050

I attached this quote for reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4060MAY View Post
    google Lovex
    there is a download for a loading manual

D 013-01 Disc powder Accurate® NITRO 100 equivalent

D 032-03 Spherical porous powder Accurate® No. 2 equivalent

D 036-03 Spherical powder Accurate® No. 5 equivalent

D 037-01 Spherical powder Accurate® No. 7 equivalent

D 037-02 Spherical powder Accurate® No. 9 equivalent

D 060-01 Tubular powder Accurate® 5744 equivalent

D 063-02 Spherical powder Accurate® 1680 equivalent

D 073-04 Spherical powder Accurate® 2460, 2520, 2474 equivalent

D 073-05 Spherical powder Accurate® 2230 equivalent

S 015-02 Disc porous powder Accurate® SOLO 1000 equivalent

S 016-01 Disc porous powder Accurate® SOLO 1250 equivalent

S 060-02 Tubular powder Accurate® 2015 BR equivalent

S 062-02 Tubular powder Accurate® 4064 equivalent

S 070-02 Tubular powder Accurate® 4350 equivalent

S 071-01 Tubular powder Accurate® 3100 equivalent
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

You must be talking about Redeye Reloading JonB.

I've contemplated buying the 33 pound lot (averages out to be about $10 a pound), but was on the fence about whether I wanted to mess with a powder that there was no data for in reloading manuals here.

But after a quick google search, it appears Lovex has a reloading manual available on the internet. https://shootersworldsc.com/reloading-guide/

So I may pick some of this up

Moderator Emeritus

Yes and yes.
    I wish I could find two pistol reloading friends within 50 miles of me, to go into this deal with.
    10 lbs of that is probably enough to be considered a lifetime supply, when I figure what I'd use it for and what other powders I already have. And thank's to Jeff at GIbrass, I already have several powders on hand, that would be considered multiple lifetime supplies for me
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I'm right there with you. I think I have about 10-12 pounds of pistol powder already sitting, and I'm not sure if I really need 33 pounds more of it. I'm not sure what the land of 10,000 lakes is, but if I was anywhere near you I would go in on it with you lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast