MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy

Boolit Master

Happy

Who is happy? I have been spending too much time in the pit with all the unhappy people there. I am happy and optimistic. Am I alone or do things really suck as bad as the people in the Pit think. I have a wife and daughter that are doing good. I have enough money to retire but I have a great job and like the people I work with. I have too many toys and don't play with them enough because they have so much for me to do at work. I own my house and cars free and clear but one is 10 years old. The house needs work but is very livable. My parents and my first wife have passed but I have adjusted. The country could be doing better but we are far from collapse and I think there are a lot of good people in the country and the immigrant problems are just that problems not crisis. I don't fear someone might Nuke us. I don't fear climate change and even if it is real we will adapt. Do I have my head in the sand or are things really as good as they seem.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Amen!!!!!
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

I tend to be a bit negative in day to day activities. But when I inventory my situation in life I have it great. I am retired from the USAF (since '08) and get to spend all day with my two boys who are home schooled. I have enough building/improvement projects to stay busy working as little or as much as I want. I have a great wife who is also retired from the USAF, but chose to go back to work. I can shoot in my backyard everyday. I have no debt, money in the bank and enough disposable income to make things interesting. We are also all healthy. I don't think it gets any better than that--so I am happy too.

Boolit Grand Master

You are not alone. I've been avoiding the Pit because it's to much doom and gloom. Simple fact is that life will go on....unless an asteroid hits us.

Personally I'm doing well. Have a 17mo old son that's healthy and EXTREMELY active. I look forward to seeing him every day. I have a new job, after being at the same place for fifteen years, which prevents this.

But I knew traveling was part of the new job. I've gotten to see parts of the US I've never been to. I will get to see more as the years go by. I will get to see many parts of the world since it's an international company. What's not to like about better pay(in the long run), great retirement plan and great health insurance. The only downside is the travel but I'm home every weekend no matter what.

I don't sweat the economic conditions. My career choice means I will always have a job. Maybe not as well paid as currently. But my skill set is such that I will always be in demand....unless that asteroid hits.

I know it's hard w/ how much turmoil there is in the world. But if you shut off the television and don't go on the internet it's amazing how the world isn't falling apart before your eyes. Like I said, life will to on....unless we're hit by an asteroid

Boolit Grand Master

I have my grand children, children, Dad, brother and sister and many many good friends. I have my Holy Father looking over me. My Hobbies and chores to occupy my time and thoughts. Its lifes little things that bring out the best. I medically retired several years ago due to mobility issues from MS, and while I do pretty much everything I did before I dont always do it the same way as before. DTKnoweles cherish the wife and children, The children grow up way to fast and quick. Spend all the time you can with them. Always remeber the small things can leave a very lasting impression. Make alot of memories, no one can take them away and you have them forever.

Life is really what you make of it. Some of us have better health than others, but you have to want to be happy and satisfied with your situation. Nothing is perfect.

Boolit Master

It's all about perspective. Yes, we have problems in our country but there is nowhere else I would want to live. Though I enjoy some of the topics in the pit, all too often there's too much drama that comes along with it.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Perma-Banned

There is that "glass is half full" perspective...and that is the one to have.

Congrats on a great grip on reality.

I think the pit is peopled by very strange types with the odd comic thrown in to stir things up.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

You don't have to be happy if you don't want to, and no one can make you!

Boolit Master
    Life is good.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    There is that "glass is half full" perspective...and that is the one to have.

Congrats on a great grip on reality.
    Speaking of the glass half full and reality. I have a tee shirt my step daughter gave me that says.

A pessimist says the glass is half empty

An optimist says the glass is half full

An engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Some are never happy, some are always happy. Depends on your lot in life and your goals and health. We have problems in this country before and survived. Look at the Civil war, great depression, WW1 and WW2, Vietnam and since. With taxes going from 0 to 90%.

Boolit Master
    No a true engineer would say I designed it for 20 ounces and you did not put enough into it, you wasted my perfect cup.

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Speaking of the glass half full and reality. I have a tee shirt my step daughter gave me that says.

A pessimist says the glass is half empty

An optimist says the glass is half full

An engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Tim

I just purchased a NOE mould for 357 and his new 2lb ingot mould. Life IS good!

I believe completely in Charles R Swindoll's quote:
    “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”

I am so lucky to have such a great family and such a beautiful and loving wife. Sometimes we all need to step back and appreciate the good things in life. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I am trying to remind myself of how good I have it.

Good post!
    Bring your hip waders!!

Boolit Master
    Life is great for me and my family. Our youngest just got back from his third deployment safe.
    I'm not complaining about nothing.

Boolit Master
    If you want to be happy , you best stay away from the Pit.
    Arguing with people on the internet about politics and religion is was gross waste of time.
    You are Not going to change their opinions, and chances are they are Not going to change yours.

Instead read a great book. Improve your mind in that way..

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Clay M View Post
    If you want to be happy , you best stay away from the Pit.
    Arguing with people on the internet about politics and religion is was gross waste of time.
    You are Not going to change their opinions, and chances are they are Not going to change yours.

Instead read a great book. Improve your mind in that way..
    Good advice, now all I need to do is heed it.

Overall I must say I am extremely happy. I survived polio when I was 13, survived cancer, 15 years ago, married a wonderful wife, who is also my best friend, Lord has Blessed me all the days of my life. There's little to not be happy over.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

At times one must realize how much time is wasted watching television and ranting online.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    At times one must realize how much time is wasted watching television and ranting online.
    True, but it also depends what you watch on TV.

Then too, depends how much time one has to waste!

At 72, I have lots of free time, LOL, to waste as however I wish. hehehehe
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast