RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    You are not alone. ---

I don't sweat the economic conditions. My career choice means I will always have a job. Maybe not as well paid as currently. But my skill set is such that I will always be in demand....unless that asteroid hits.

I know it's hard w/ how much turmoil there is in the world. But if you shut off the television and don't go on the internet it's amazing how the world isn't falling apart before your eyes. Like I said, life will to on....unless we're hit by an asteroid
    LOL-My skill set will be in demand as well, ESPECIALLY if the asteroid hits, or we have any lesser level of calamity. Still, there is Eternal Hope and Trust in His plan, although we may not see the goal or understand the steps He directs.

BTW, the glass is full, favorite beverage on the bottom, atmosphere on the top....there are only 10 folks who seem to understand binary, and sometimes I wonder about you.....

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Master
    Tim, you are right! Immigrants present neither crisis nor problem of any sort that I know of. Illegal aliens on the other hand most certainly represent a crisis.

Those who allow "The Pit" to depress or anger them, should take a walk (literally) or walk the dog, collect their thoughts, then go sit at the reloading bench and tinker or go out and check the tires and fluids in the cars, wash the wife's windows. Something that makes them feel good or feel good about themselves.

Guess I'm thicker skinned than most. The Pit or the opinions published in it that seem ridiculous, contrary or just plain ignorant, never changes my mood. I have far more important things to address that can or has an effect me, my loved ones and my household.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

No matter what happens............it can always be worse.

Enjoy what you have.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNurse1 View Post
    LOL-My skill set will be in demand as well, ESPECIALLY if the asteroid hits, or we have any lesser level of calamity. Still, there is Eternal Hope and Trust in His plan, although we may not see the goal or understand the steps He directs.

BTW, the glass is full, favorite beverage on the bottom, atmosphere on the top....there are only 10 folks who seem to understand binary, and sometimes I wonder about you.....
    Cool, I like that spin.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Tim, you are right! Immigrants present neither crisis nor problem of any sort that I know of. Illegal aliens on the other hand most certainly represent a crisis.

Those who allow "The Pit" to depress or anger them, should take a walk (literally) or walk the dog, collect their thoughts, then go sit at the reloading bench and tinker or go out and check the tires and fluids in the cars, wash the wife's windows. Something that makes them feel good or feel good about themselves.

Guess I'm thicker skinned than most. The Pit or the opinions published in it that seem ridiculous, contrary or just plain ignorant, never changes my mood. I have far more important things to address that can or has an effect me, my loved ones and my household.
    I am not sure the illegals present a crisis but allowing more will not make things better here.

About the Pit, what I find disturbing is that some lurkers might buy in to some ideas being spread there by the regulars, the forum has so many members who rarely post I wonder if they take some of the hateful stuff in the Pit and apply it in their life.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Love Life
    I'm happy. I love life...

You only get one chance, so I plan to make the most of it in any situation that I find myself in or that may get thrown at me.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DRNurse1 View Post
    LOL-My skill set will be in demand as well, ESPECIALLY if the asteroid hits, or we have any lesser level of calamity.
    I have plenty of skills that will be in demand after the asteroid strike. But w/out electricity my current profession is worthless. And truthfully, I don't want to be around for the hardship after such an event. Call it being weak or whatever you wish. I just hope I'm close to the impact so I don't have to worry about the aftermath.

In Remembrance
    Happy as far as my life is concerned, don't have a lot, sure not enough to retire on, but I have everything I need, and much more. My take is we have probably lived through the most prosperous times as a country and as individuals, there probably ever be. There has been no reason for anybody in this country to go hungry, or without anything they need, during my lifetime, this was not the case for earlier generations, and they way we, as a country has progressed, I fear for future generations. I really doubt, my grandkids and their kids will be able to go throiugh life as comfortable and easy as what we have had the last 50 or 60 years. I know they will adapt, as we have to the changes, I just think they will have to work harder at it, to possibly have the quality of life my generation has taken for granted.

As far as the pit, it has no bearing on my happiness, and I sure wouldn't change my life for reasons garnered there. lol

Boolit Master
    I very much enjoy life..
    I am into art ,philosophy, literature ,and music.
    I also cast bullets and work with the accuracy of different rifles.
    Just read The Grand Inquisitor from "The Brothers Karamazov"
    Fantastic novel indeed.
    I love Charles Dickens, but this novel may be the best I have ever read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Inquisitor

I try to spend what is left of my life with these disciplines, that my family and my cats.
    Last edited by Clay M; 11-07-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I am not sure the illegals present a crisis but allowing more will not make things better here.

About the Pit, what I find disturbing is that some lurkers might buy in to some ideas being spread there by the regulars, the forum has so many members who rarely post I wonder if they take some of the hateful stuff in the Pit and apply it in their life.

Tim
    Tim if you lived in a border state where the politicians declare the State and several of the major cities to be sanctuaries for criminal aliens, even to the point of favoring those aliens who pose an immediate threat to the lives of citizens, you might see the illegal alien issue in its true light.
    To the Republicans, illegal aliens make the rich richer more so than honest citizens. To the Democrats, because illegal aliens breed without thought to the financial ability to pay for another child, they produce more democrat voters than do honest citizens.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    About the Pit, what I find disturbing is that some lurkers might buy in to some ideas being spread there by the regulars, the forum has so many members who rarely post I wonder if they take some of the hateful stuff inthe Pit and apply it in their life.

Tim
    I enjoy life greatly. I also enjoy the pit greatly. One thing that I will note that people who get depressed by the pit tend to be people that feel they must be able to control or influence how other people think. What other people post in the pits does not affect my life or outlook in anyway. The same for anything the I post. Whether it’s the news or the pit I have the ability to control how it affects me.

On a daily bases I am bombarded with literally thousands of things (that if I allowed myself to) would depress me greatly. For me to worry or fret about something I have to be able to control it. If I can’t control it I am not going to worry about it.

Four years ago the doctors told me 99% chance that I had pancreatic cancer with 6 months if I was lucky and two months being more realistic. Since I couldn’t affect the outcome I didn’t worry about it and didn’t tell anyone. The plan was to do what I wanted how I wanted until I got sick enough were I had to tell my friends and family. Against the doctor’s advice I went on a week long road trip and then I went goose hunting for two weeks. After about a month I didn’t get sick like the doctors predicted so I told the wife about it and decided to have a biopsy. It was determined that it was a very rare type of non-cancerous tumor. Still had to have a Whipple procedure but I still here minus some parts.

Someone else’s attitude in the pit is something I have zero control over, it has zero effect on my life and it is something I don’t worry about in the least. Much happier that way.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 11-08-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Actually a real engineer would drink what is in it and go on with life, assuming it was a 'happy' fluid.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

I cannot perceive a better time to be alive or a better place on this earth than I am currently in. I also stay out of the pit.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

I think I am a fairly happy jolly fellow. I have some weak moments where I am not. I had a couple of those last week, when I was taken out of my element...but am more wise now, because of those experiences.

Could I be happier ?
    Maybe, if I could have the physical body that I had when I was 20, but be surrounded by the friends and wisdom I have today (30 years later). It's nice to dream, isn't it ...my Dad is a dreamer as well, I find comfort in that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Life is hectic, - YES

People are difficult -YES

God is Good -YES Count me Happy. - Check out my signature line.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I think I am a fairly happy jolly fellow. I have some weak moments where I am not. I had a couple of those last week, when I was taken out of my element...but am more wise now, because of those experiences.

Could I be happier ?
    Maybe, if I could have the physical body that I had when I was 20, but be surrounded by the friends and wisdom I have today (30 years later). It's nice to dream, isn't it ...my Dad is a dreamer as well, I find comfort in that.
    My daughter is sick. She will always need my help to survive.
    I have things in my life that make me less than happy,
    but I am here to try to make things better for those in my world.
    When I play guitar I am in my own world.
    When I am at the range with a rifle I am in my own world.
    I enjoy life, but yes Sir , there are hardships along the way.
    Many I have no answer for.
    I can't stay in my world.
    My wish is to make things better for my family before I die.
    I want to see my son enjoy his land before I die, and that is my dream that is being fulfilled now.
    Last edited by Clay M; 11-08-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Boolit Master
    We just moved to a great state and my wife is retiring from her second career and joining me within a month as we watch our retirement home being built. After a lifetime of living in crowded neighborhoods we finally have our nice piece of dirt complete with a lake. Every morning the turkey's come in to eat the corn I toss out for them and lots of bucks on the trail camera.
    We don't subscribe to the doomsday prepper theories.
    Life is good and it could be better if our age would go backward to help get rid of the daily aches and pains
    East Tennessee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12