WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO2 stuck ball remover

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Nope. I've built many ML's over the past 35 years, and have shot them for over 40 years. All flat faced breeches. I've sure cleared plenty dry ball done by myself and others. The only way what you say isn't possible, is if the GUN WASN'T BREECHED PROPERLY! Take THAT one to the bank!
    I think a lot of your problem is whatever that is you are using for patch lube. I have never had to unbreech a barrel to remove a ball.
    clearly, ymmv. and it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with patch lube.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tking308 View Post
    Does anyone use CO2 to dislodge stuck balls from a muzzleloader. (Not that I've ever loaded a ball before powder) ?
    New to muzzle loading are ya?? Everybody will load a dryball until you do you are a newbie!!

IMHO lawyers stopped the manufacture of them as the balls will eject with plenty of force. Here in New England it was common on all the NMLRA territorials for the range to have a CO2 fire extinguisher converted to a ball blower.

They work great so long as you use them with the muzzle pointed down range when the range is hot.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I have a CO2 ball remover, but I've made it 28 years so far without ever loading a dry ball. It's still in the packaging. I won't mind wasting that money if it is still in there when I'm gone.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

I have dryballed a few but don't own a CO2 kit. Have always been able to remove them somehow.

Boolit Mold
    Hey guys, I know this is way late but I have a tip for ya. I make a ball puller that works perfect. I usually start from scratch with new brass.and make a 10/32 thread on one end. The other end, the one with the screw, I like to make almost bore size. This works like a pilot. Now for the magic, I take a common dry wall screw and solder it into the threaded brass. This type of screw will start with minamal pressure while your turning it into the ball. It might take a few tries to determine how deep to turn the screw. I would say on average you'd want to almost penetrate the ball. Fasten your ram rod handle and pull the rifle.It works slick. For those that are so good they never mess up, you just never been caught.

Boolit Master
    can any one post the using of a CO2 ball remover & also the bi cycle rig? I have never heard of such a GIZZY-thing.

Boolit Grand Master

The co2 discharger fits over the nipple to use co2 pressure to shoot the ball out. They also have an attachment for Flintlock. Never heard about the bi cycle rig.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by toot View Post
    can any one post the using of a CO2 ball remover & also the bi cycle rig? I have never heard of such a GIZZY-thing.
    https://www.buffaloarms.com/b-i-d-co...harger-rmc1082

https://www.cabelas.com/ensemble/Sho...arger/4225.uts

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017KU1DHQ?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ttl
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    M-Tecs, thanks for posting of the bike GIZZY. now I know the rest of the story!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12