Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .32 ACP "Balls Up" Serious Loads with Accurate 31-087T

Outpost,
    Now I'm dying to assemble all these components for my FN 1910/22. Nice, weighty steel gun, long tube--should really be an eye-opener! Don't see how it could get much better...even if going up against hypothermic Red Chinese frogmen or the like ))

Not only does it outperform even the BB load by a country mile, but I could get mold, dies, and powder for the price of 4-6 boxes of BB ammo, and practice without cringing as I fired ammo that costs $1-2 per shot.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaMan View Post
    Outpost,
    Now I'm dying to assemble all these components for my FN 1910/22. Nice, weighty steel gun, long tube--should really be an eye-opener! Don't see how it could get much better...even if going up against hypothermic Red Chinese frogmen or the like ))

Not only does it outperform even the BB load by a country mile, but I could get mold, dies, and powder for the price of 4-6 boxes of BB ammo, and practice without cringing as I fired ammo that costs $1-2 per shot.
    I think that the ghost of Harry J. Archer would approve. With what's going on in the South China Sea these days, maybe I should have my medical mission buddy take some to the PI on his next trip, and maybe we could get a repeat of the hypothermic Chicom combat swimmer test 50 years hence...
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

You might be right at that...people who think that history is "past" aren't necessarily thinking through the entire problem, are they?
    When I get my hands on these components, I'll be using them in an FN 1910/22, so perhaps Harry's erstwhile boat captain would approve....

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaMan View Post
    You might be right at that...people who think that history is "past" aren't necessarily thinking through the entire problem, are they? When I get my hands on these components, I'll be using them in an FN 1910/22, so perhaps Harry's erstwhile boat captain would approve....
    Indeed!

And my medical missionary friend has a ca. 1940 Belgian M1922 with Nazi overstamps, holster, cleaning rod and spare mag.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    When Outpost writes something, I read it and pay close attention. Many thanks, sir.
    And it's advisable to open a new file in computer and save it. The man is a wealth of knowledge and experience, like many other in this board. That's why I opened and account and keep hanged on this forum only!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Having a WW2 `trophy bring back` CZ 27 in .32 acp also I am wondering what dia. are you sizing this boolet to for use in the CZ and what type of lube?Robert
    Sorry for not answering this earlier. My Walthers and Colts like .311, Wartime CZs and Berettas .312, postwar Berettas .311, Pre-war FN Browning .309
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Sorry for not answering this earlier. My Walthers and Colts like .311, Wartime CZs and Berettas .312, postwar Berettas .311, Pre-war FN Browning .309
    Thanks for the help. I`ve since my 1st posting got a `broom handle Mauser` in .30 Mauser to figure out a load for, will my headaches never cease!Robert

In the M96, Accurate 31-087T of COWW, running the mold hot so that bullets are uniformly frosted, water drop, size and lube at .310-.311", 4 grains of Bullseye as starting load, increase only enough to get gun to cycle, usually takes 4.2-4.5 grains. Don't exceed 5 grains in the M96, for 1370 fps.

In the TT33 5 grains should cycle, but it takes 5.5 grains for 1420 fps to cycle the CZ52. This is OK in the Tokarev, but too much for M96 Broomhandle.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    This is all great information. Thanks for sharing it.

New 31-095T http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=31-095T-D.png from Accurate represents the heaviest, with largest meplat and with most blunt profile which will feed in the 1903 Colt and Beretta M1935. Same .26" nose length as Accurate 31-090B, but with .25" meplat (.80 of bullet diameter!) with short radius behind nose flat to contact feed ramp.

Based on firings years ago with factory Winchester lead 100-grain .32-20 bullets and the Saeco #325 semi-wadcutter sized down and loaded in .32 ACP, both of those bullets being of similar weight and meplat size, this one"should" feed, because the Saeco and Winchester bullets did reliably in those guns. Big difference is that this bullet is optimized to fit the CIP chamber throat and match the magazine box profile much better, providing a cartridge OAL of 0.94" which is adequate with this profile to positively prevent any possibility of rimlock, unlike the Jam-O-Matic Buffalo Bore 75-grain loads.

We are looking here for 780+ fps in the micro guns like the Beretta Tomcat for 130 ft.-lbs., and 850+ in the standard sized pistols such as the Colt for 150 ft.-lbs. with 2.5 grains of AutoComp or 5.2 grs. of Alliant #2400.

Objective is deep penetration with excellent crush at low velocity in a bullet which doesn't require a hollowpoint to be effective. I am waiting on the mold to arrive and will report when it does.

Attachment 175144
    Last edited by Outpost75; 03-02-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Wow. I thought I was hardcore with my Accurate 31-076 at 890 fps in my Kel-Tec!!
    Here are some test data for 77-78 grain bullets which approximate the 75-grain Buffalo Bore:

Ammunition _________________Beretta Tomcat 2.4”

Buffalo Bore 75-grain LFN_________883, fps, 16 Sd
    Ctg. OAL 0.715", frequent failures to feed, occasional "rimlock"

Accurate 31-077B 5.9 #2400_______913 fps, 16 Sd Ctg.
    OAL 0.945, feeds reliably and prevents "rimlock"

Acc. 31-077B 2.5 HP38____________810 fps, 12 Sd
    Acc. 31-077B LD#4 3.0 Unique______965 fps, 26 Sd
    NOE/RD 78-gr. FN 2.2 Green Dot____*920 fps, 21 Sd -
    *Velocity from Colt M1903 - Recommended by BigSlug
    NOE/RD 78-gr. FN 2.4 Green Dot____*1004 fps, 13 Sd DO NOT EXCEED!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    I wonder how that load would work in a 32 French long. I have a Model A and the S model. The Model A is a lock breach the other a blow back. My friend make ammo from 32 long with the cut down rim. Factory ammo is like 1,100 FPS i used the top range of 32 acp loading data for mine to reload. Many people never shot a 32 French because a lack of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncer50 View Post
    I wonder how that load would work in a 32 French long. I have a Model A and the S model. The Model A is a lock breach the other a blow back. My friend make ammo from 32 long with the cut down rim. Factory ammo is like 1,100 FPS i used the top range of 32 acp loading data for mine to reload. Many people never shot a 32 French because a lack of ammo.
    If you load for the 7.65 Longue I could send you some bullets. Would be good to know.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    My time-in-grade with the M1935 MAS in 7.65 Longue showed me that reliable cycling only occurs with Lyman #313249 (84 grains) at 900 FPS or above. I have yet to try Lyman #311252 in the pistol (75 grains).
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Accurate 31-087T is of an easy feeding shape and is about the right weight.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Outpost, I've got access to the RD 75g mold and already have a good supply of its 77.5g bullets to load for my FN 1910/22. I also have magnum primers and 2400 powder now, plus various powders more typically used for the .32 ACP. Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Here are some test data for 77-78 grain bullets which approximate the 75-grain Buffalo Bore:

Ammunition _________________Beretta Tomcat 2.4”

Buffalo Bore 75-grain LFN_________883, fps, 16 Sd

Ctg. OAL 0.715", frequent failures to feed, occasional "rimlock"

Accurate 31-077B 5.9 #2400_______913 fps, 16 Sd Ctg.
    OAL 0.945, feeds reliably and prevents "rimlock"

Acc. 31-077B 2.5 HP38____________810 fps, 12 Sd
    Acc. 31-077B LD#4 3.0 Unique______965 fps, 26 Sd
    NOE/RD 78-gr. FN 2.2 Green Dot____*920 fps, 21 Sd -
    *Velocity from Colt M1903 - Recommended by BigSlug
    NOE/RD 78-gr. FN 2.4 Green Dot____*1004 fps, 13 Sd DO NOT EXCEED!

Any of the loads in that table should work. Try to load bullets out to at least 0.94" overall cartridge length.

5.9 grains of #2400 or 3 grains of AutoComp equal the Buffalo Bore load. Looking at 1000 fps in a 3.5" barrel.

I would split the difference on BigSlug's two loads and go 2.3 of Green Dot ifypuue that.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow.

And here I thought I'd just buy a few boxes of ammo for my 1903 & call it a day...
    I collect exotic ammo, if you have something interesting let me know.

Boolit Grand Master
    Question. How closely does the POI coincide with the POA?

I have a Tomcat and my attempts with a heavy for cal boolit were unsatisfactory due to the disparity between where I aimed and where it hit. I was running a 311-245 over a dis-remembered charge of WW-231. There was a spread of nearly 18 inches between where I aimed and where I hit at 30 feet.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Outpost75 have you tried the 31-090B in a Tok? I was all set to order the 31-087T for my Tok and 32s when I saw this new one you had. Any ideas on which mold would work best for these two?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast