Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .32 ACP "Balls Up" Serious Loads with Accurate 31-087T

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by LIMPINGJ View Post
    Outpost75 have you tried the 31-090B in a Tok? I was all set to order the 31-087T for my Tok and 32s when I saw this new one you had. Any ideas on which mold would work best for these two?
    Have not tried in a TT, feeds fine in my CZ52 if that helps.

The 31-087T is a proven reliable feeder in pistols and SMGs which don't run flatnosed bullets.

There is now a 93-grain bevel-based version http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=31-093T-D.png
    for the .30 Luger and 7.63 Mauser or 7.62x25 Tokarev
    Last edited by Outpost75; 03-02-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Question. How closely does the POI coincide with the POA?

I have a Tomcat and my attempts with a heavy for cal boolit were unsatisfactory due to the disparity between where I aimed and where it hit. I was running a 311-245 over a dis-remembered charge of WW-231. There was a spread of nearly 18 inches between where I aimed and where I hit at 30 feet.
    In my pistols point of impact with either 87T or 90B with full charge loads coincide with RWS 73-grain hardball, no issues in any pistol I've shot it in. My hunting buddy "ER Doc" uses the Accurate 31-090B in his Walther PPk with 3 grains of AutoComp and says that it shoots to the sights at 15 yards for him and cleans the plate rack with authority like it was a .380 ACP.

Attachment 175452
    Last edited by Outpost75; 09-21-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Latest iteration in my .32 ACP testing from Accurate 31-084H has .311" driving bands and .26" nose length with crimp groove, 0.2 meplat, front band north of crimp groove is .311" diameter with tolerance negative to fit CIP chamber in Walther PP, Beretta 81 and SIG P230.

Attachment 215413
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

0 ...
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Quote Originally Posted by Three-Fifty-Seven View Post
    Do you use the crimp groove? I'm about to hopefully start casting and loading for a Seecamp ... but looking at a bit less weight boolit ... actually the Accurate 31-065H, but stretch the front driving band by .03" and expand the melplat to 0.20 ...
    I do use the crimp groove, both as a visual reference to ensure correct seating depth and as added insurance to prevent bullets telescoping or setting back when they strike the feed ramp. The 0.26" head length is correct to provide a 0.945-0.955" cartridge OAL to prevent rimlock in Walther, SIG, Colt or Beretta magazines. I believe that OAL is too long for a Seecamp.

Attachment 215431

Buffalo Bore 75-grain FN factory load at left 0.915" OAL is dimensioned for Seecamp mags, but is a "Jam-O-Matic" in WW2-era pistols with magazine boxes dimensioned for CIP FMJ. Accurate 31-090B and 31-084H at 0.945-0.955" length feed reliably in Colt M1903, Beretta M1935, CZ27, Walther PP, SIG P230
    Last edited by Outpost75; 02-28-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

I have used Outpost's bullets & loads in a Walther PP. Talk about the mouse that roared!!
    Power and precision in a little package.
    And my lever action 30-30 likes them too. Come April a Tom turkey may find out how much....
    Thanks, Outpost!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    When Outpost writes something, I read it and pay close attention. Many thanks, sir.
    I concur

Banned
    And a little off topic but not by much - The Beretta 1935 pistol and it's brother the 1934 are STRONG little pistols.

They are single action and the safeties aren't the most ergonomic controls so they're not the fastest things to deploy but they sure are reliable.

I have a little trigger time with the Beretta model 1934 (380) and it's an impressive tool for what it is. Probably not the best tool for self-defense due to its lack of double action or easy to manipulate safety but a solid gun. I've been looking for a good model 1934 or 1935 but the prices are creeping up and the supply is creeping down.

Note on the Beretta 1934 and 1935 pistols. I was taught by the Carabinieri that when you shoot the gun dry, to retract the slide slightly, to permit engaging the safety to engage the slide notch, holding the slide back while the empty magazine is more easily removed. Then the fresh reload mag is inserted and the safety disengaged, releasing the slide and chambering a round in the same manner we are quite familiar with on the M1911 .45 pistol. THIS is the way the gun is supposed to be operated. Roy Dunlap discusses this in his book "Ordnance Went Up Front." (Stackpole, 1948).
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

This procedure makes perfect sense, and I wish I’d known it when I had a very nice M1935!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    And a little off topic but not by much - The Beretta 1935 pistol and it's brother the 1934 are STRONG little pistols.

They are single action and the safeties aren't the most ergonomic controls so they're not the fastest things to deploy but they sure are reliable.

I have a little trigger time with the Beretta model 1934 (380) and it's an impressive tool for what it is. Probably not the best tool for self-defense due to its lack of double action or easy to manipulate safety but a solid gun. I've been looking for a good model 1934 or 1935 but the prices are creeping up and the supply is creeping down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Note on the Beretta 1934 and 1935 pistols. I was taught by the Carabinieri that when you shoot the gun dry, to retract the slide slightly, to permit engaging the safety to engage the slide notch, holding the slide back while the empty magazine is more easily removed. Then the fresh reload mag is inserted and the safety disengaged, releasing the slide and chambering a round in the same manner we are quite familiar with on the M1911 .45 pistol. THIS is the way the gun is supposed to be operated. Roy Dunlap discusses this in his book "Ordnance Went Up Front." (Stackpole, 1948).

Boolit Buddy
    Hello all,

I just joined castboolits for this thread. I'm a long time hand loader and have a thing for larger frame 32's. My favorite are Beretta 81's. When researching loads for 32 ACP I found this thread via a google search. I have tried the 5.9g 2400 behind a 77g HCRN. So far it works great, no signs of excessive pressure or problems with extraction. Next up I will chronograph some loads and will share the data here. All of my 81's have been resprung with XP Wolfe springs. My exp so far has been good, the load feels like a 380 and it seems to regulate well with the sights. Big thanks to Outpost75 for the information.

Thanks,
    Led

Boolit Master
    I have received a Beretta model 81.
    I am wanting to reload some of these loads using the 5.2 to 5.6 grains of 2400 under the 90 grain LEE TL semiwadcutter.

I am enthused by the Harry Archer reference as well as Outpost 75's listing of the 1934 -1935 Beretta loads.
    The Beretta model 81 has an aluminum receiver but I believe it heavy enough to carry the proposed loads that the all steel 1934 is able to handle.
    Any opinions or comments?
    I am going to find some autocomp to try and I just need to cast more 90 grain LEE's.i have a Lyman mold for the 77 grain round nose in .32.
    Also the LEE round nose 93 grain and 100 grain.
    I like to modify the round nose with a swage die that flattens the nose for a nice meplat. I have been casting and reloading for everything .32 caliber from double action top breaks to single action Ruger .32's.
    I had a .380 1934 Beretta Dad brought home from wartime Italy. I reloaded and shot it many ye

Boolit Master
    I have under consideration some loads using 5.2 -5.9 hrs AA #9 powder under the LEE 93 grain round nose with a 1/4 inch meplat impressed on the nose to be considered for use in the Beretta model 81 with the steel slide, .380 recoil spring and the aluminum lower receiver.
    Still in contemplation stage, till I get the 2400 load results/trials completed.These using the 93 grain LEE round nose with the impressed meplat.

Earlier post of mine from September 2019:

"My early Model 81 Beretta pistol looks almost new, as do the others of friends who also bought them. Great DA trigger pull feels just like my old Colt Official Police .38 revolver. SA trigger pull is more like my M1911 .45 ACP hardball gun. I like that the pistol can be carried safely with the chamber loaded, “cocked and locked” and that mag release is in the same location as the US M1911. But you also have the option of carrying hammer down and firing the first shot DA.

My pistol “eats anything” in the way of ammo, US or Euro FMJ, JHP, cast bullet hand loads and even the Buffalo Bore 75-grain FN which is only 0.915” OAL and jams in every other .32 ACP pistol I have. This Beretta 81 runs it like a pony trotting. The 3.82” barrel gives really impressive velocity compared to the pocket mouse guns. Holster-sized pistol handles well for rapid, 2-second double and triple taps, having light recoil, and very quick recovery.

With respect to handloads, be aware that chambers are TIGHT. Observed this in three pistols owned by myself and friends whose guns all arrived at the same time. Mixed headstamp range brass requires that cast bullets be sized .309-.310.” Reloads must be run through the Redding .32 S&W Long profile crimp or Lee Factory crimp die, as if there is any case bulge the slide won’t close fully. After taking this precaution all reloads ran, even Accurate 31-095T ogival wadcutter which has ¼” diameter flat nose!

Point of impact was slightly left, but corrected easily by drifting the rear sight.

Fiocchi 73-grain FMJ gave 964 fps, 26 Sd, 65 ES, all in the timed and rapid-fire black, 4” group at 25 yards. typical accuracy for a .32 ACP pistol firing ball ammo. My friends and I are very satisfied with our pistols.

– Outpost75, West Virginia"

Recently I have been shooting the Beretta 81 with the .309" diameter 90-grain Hornady XTP in Starline cases with Remington 6-1/2 primers with 3 grains of AutoComp at 0.955" OAL and also with the Remington .309", 93-grain FMJ for the .30 Luger using the same load.

The heavy slide and stiff springs (apparently the same as the .380 ACP Model 84 Beretta) function well and shoot accurately with these heavy .32 ACP loads, as payload and velocity are similar. Have fired several hundred rounds in testing so far with zero signs of frame battering. Accurate 31-094H sized .311" also shoots very well as does 31-090B using 2 grains of TiteGroup or 2.5 grains of WST or 231.

I will continue to use the 81 as my .32 ACP test platform and log rounds fired, but I anticipate no issues.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 12-30-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    I have always wondered why the 32 acp was called a mouse gun....yet folks persist in using 380 acp!
    The 32 acp was the go to caliber for police force for the 1st half of the 19th century. The speed and penetration far exceeds what now folks carry in the lowly .380 acp! Do your research! Not to mention it is one of the most accurate ACP cartridges outside of the 45 acp!
    All this information is lost...find it you will be surprised!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Interesting, will have to read this closer. My Mauser 1914 Pocket Pistol keeps telling me it wants hotter ammo.....

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Outpost75 ,
    Am not able to open your attachments . Has anyone else had an issue with them ?

Eddie
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master
    2400 powder and AA #9 are close together on the Burn Rate charts and some charts even show them reverses in position showing no.9 being faster than 2400 .
    I have shot them both in
    .44 mag and heavy 45 colt loads.
    I believe them to be close in pressure required for good burn.
    Not interchangeable, but still very close in characteristically being accurate and similar weights.
    Close enough to carefully take a chance in a .32 acp loading.
    First more testing using .32 S&W loads in a Ruger revolver using 2400 and no.9 loads for comparison testing.
    This will take quite a while so I will let you know what I find out.
    Meantime, others are free to do the same.

PM me with email address which can accept .pdf attachmdnts. I can send direct. Others report no issues.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    The 7.65 mm Browning European ammo has always been much hotter than the American counterpart (.32 acp)
    This is why the European 8 mm Mauser cartridges are more powerful than Any American loading for that caliber
    I have a number of old 32 acps I have a Mauser 1914 also. All shoot great and are very accurate pistols

A 3.0 Grain Unique load with a cast Ranch Dog FN 75 grain bullet ( load not by C.O.L. but by Depth of the bullet base in the case..... to stay safe)
    Makes one impressive CC load
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast