Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOVING off shore-

Boolit Buddy

MOVING off shore-

Never thought I'd be hearing this...from a a die HARD American but it's time to LEAVE...

There was a joke 70' & 80's time frame,,,if things got too bad here we'd go North to wait it all out, maybe come home BUT NOT NOW.

the talk is of going to Isreal...sell off every stick, nut, bolt every pound of lead, all the ammo, powder, all the cars, the lots of land parcels and his home, all the machines to make money with a take OFF with NO PLANS TO RETURN except in a bag or box....maybe not then even.

this is a serious person that has foretold to me several things that have come true in the last 10-20 years I thought COULD never happen....

He is tired of paying into a system that gives out hands out and wants to bring in more scum of the world ....

How do I find more info on Kobutz ?? spelling bad I know.

Question? Is this sounding more common or still crazy??

I have known a few folks that have moved to Mexico and a few more moved BACK to Colombia after being here 20+ years, they feel they will do better there NOW, than staying in the USA and 'dealing with it all'....wow, really folks want to go back to their 3rd world nation because they see what and how we are becoming as bad if not in many ways worse off-
    there is no well fare in Colombia so they don't have to pay in to that or SS for those that will never see it....'the rats are jumping ship' , is it too late or?????

Banned

until I see somewhere that has the same rights and freedoms as this place I'm staying.

Look.
    our time and efforts would be better served righting the wrongs that have taken place over the last century or so.
    everything is laid out in the founding paper work, the citizens need to figure that out and do the right thing instead of thinking about themselves.
    it was proven in the 1700's that this was what is necessary, follow in their footsteps or flee [whatever]

Expatriation is becoming more common. Last year about 3400 people and the first quarter of this year showed nearly 1400 gave up their citizenship and departed so by the end of the year when the numbers are tallied it will probably be even more than last year. You can go to the federal registry and download the pdf of everyone that has become an expat.

The U.S. Gov't is one of the few that taxes their citizens regardless of where our income is derived or where we reside. And they even tax you when expatriate, I can't remember exactly what the percentage is but they tally all your assets and get a final departing tax from you for leaving.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    until I see somewhere that has the same rights and freedoms as this place I'm staying.
    Same.

Boolit Buddy

Hopefully things will get better after the next presidential election(and no, I'm NOT voting for Hillary).........

To me no matter what some think is greener grass in another country, then they can go, but when it gets bad there and worst then here they will be stuck there.Also for the freedom we still have here.I am staying.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    As bad as it is here, it's worse in other countries. The best way to enjoy this country is to save up enough to buy a small place in the woods, have everything paid off and live simply. Not many other places in the world you can pull that off.

As are as the Israeli Kibbutz, you do realize that is commune(ist) living? Israel has more than it's share of liberal governance and the neighbors aren't exactly friendly, nor is the neighborhood.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I will never leave or give up my citizenship. To much was given to us by the Founders and too many have fought and died for those freedoms. We owe a huge debt to the Republic. For those who choose to leave when your country needs you most.....please don't bother to come back when we fix things....which we will do.

Boolit Buddy
    In my business there are a lot of expats. I do not know anyone that has renounced their citizenship however. I am not sure of any changes in the numbers in the last few years but it used to be, you had to stay out of the country 330days to be tax exempt. Then you were only exempt for the first $96,500-. Then you paid the difference at the tax rate of your total income. Stay in the US one day too many and the deal is off. Hands down the worst expat tax rules on earth.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Israel not Isreal and it not safe there. Just saying
    The whole post seems strange to me
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Israel, eh? Isn't that kind of "out of the pan and into the fire?" Surrounded by hordes of people who hate you and want to exterminate you. Your arch enemies, the Iranians, about to get the bomb and already in possession of the missile. I think I'd rather live in Chicago. I am one who believes that hard and violent times lie ahead for our country, but this is my native land and I'll stay here and if need be fight here.

Boolit Master
    I would visit a place for a few months first. Everything looks great for a few weeks may not mean you want to become permanent!

Boolit Buddy
    It's not ME- I don't think there is a BETTER place...to live -

Some folks remember what it was NOT what it is now....we will never go back there EVER...good or bad..

I am sure HE know about the Commune living, still willing to leave, some thing about Going out like a Lion instead of living with the sheep...

AND that part of not coming back when WE fix it? that's funny- In his mind we'd have to get rid of the IRS, SS,Batf, DHS, too many with letter no one knows, the Phone tax from Spanish american war, welfare would be outlawed, all non citizens with out a job or current in school (college, then you serve 2 years in ARMY here then go home) would have to go, if your country won;t tkae you , then you go to Cuba, all elected offices would be done for free Civic duty no pay, no life benefits , and All would have term limits 1 term,
    Lawyers would be banned from any Public office ANY- ALL public Office of any kind,,,on and on---etc etc . I don;t worry about Him coming back. It's planned to be a one way trip...

SO it's broken and there IS no way to fix it in his eyes....no matter who we vote IN or OUT they are the same ilk of whores...not my words-
    Last edited by Littleton Shot Maker; 11-03-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I've met ex-pats all over the world. There are a ton in Belize. It's a nice place.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by shooter93 View Post
    I will never leave or give up my citizenship. To much was given to us by the Founders and too many have fought and died for those freedoms. We owe a huge debt to the Republic. For those who choose to leave when your country needs you most.....please don't bother to come back when we fix things....which we will do.
    Shooter93, Thanks for your post ( Those are strong words and the way we should all feel about our country)

Moderator Emeritus

I refuse to leave! I may not be able to fight on the front lines but I can offer support to those who are! We have to take this country back and restore it to the Constitution and eliminate ALL government agencies that are not specifically named in it!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not going anywhere. Entire family is here. It would be hard enough to relocate in the US let alone to another country. Every country has it's pluses and minuses. The US seems to be on the edge but I'm sure people said this in the past. Only time will tell if it's true or not.

Boolit Master

Well, I reckon I might go offshore one of these days. Of course, it all depends on how bad that global warming thingy gets. I don't expect to see the ocean from my house but then if I could that would make my property worth more. We'll wait and see.

In Remembrance
    It takes all kinds to make the world go round.
    I can see someone seeing the writing on the wall and realising things are just going to get worse as far as freedom goes, but why leave and go to a place that is already worse.
    I am pretty partial to the freedoms that I have left, and would have to be forced to go to some other country where I would lose any at all.

Boolit Master
    30 some years ago my wife and I left America (work related) from JFK and we did not know if we ever would come back. In due time we were again needed in the states after living overseas and working on 4 continents with people. Trust me, there is NO place like America! I feel like I am twice a US citizen now and yes, we will get this mess sorted out!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast