Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: RWS Air Rifle

RWS Air Rifle

I dont have available a store that carries all the various models to see if this is peculiar to all or just the RWS 48/52. There were two things I didn't like about my 52. I do think it is common to the other models. One thing was the safety. To me it is too skimmpy. My gunsmith made a knurled extender that attaches with a small allen screw. No modification to the gun required. It feels right and looks right. I think these could be made by just using my gun as the pattern and the small piece mailed out. To me it's well worth the $25. The other thing I didnt like was the FIRE indicator(red dot). Some said it may not have been intended as an indicator,but rather just a locator so you know where the safety is????????? The red dot was located on the left side of the safety about mid range of the safeties travel. When you look at it,you can't tell if in SAFE or FIRE posistion. This was easily corrected. The shroud it is located on is plastic. With steel wool,I removed the original dot. I wanted the dot to be on the right side of the safety and up high where the safety is when in FIRE posistion. Using a burr in a Dremel or some such or even a drill,just touch the spot where you want it. Be easy this is plastic. Once you have made that dimple,fill in with red paint. Looks like a factory job and is now located where I think the factory should have placed it to begin with.

Re: RWS Air Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman
    I dont have available a store that carries all the various models to see if this is peculiar to all or just the RWS 48/52. There were two things I didn't like about my 52. I do think it is common to the other models. One thing was the safety. To me it is too skimmpy. My gunsmith made a knurled extender that attaches with a small allen screw. No modification to the gun required. It feels right and looks right. I think these could be made by just using my gun as the pattern and the small piece mailed out. To me it's well worth the $25. The other thing I didnt like was the FIRE indicator(red dot). Some said it may not have been intended as an indicator,but rather just a locator so you know where the safety is????????? The red dot was located on the left side of the safety about mid range of the safeties travel. When you look at it,you can't tell if in SAFE or FIRE posistion. This was easily corrected. The shroud it is located on is plastic. With steel wool,I removed the original dot. I wanted the dot to be on the right side of the safety and up high where the safety is when in FIRE posistion. Using a burr in a Dremel or some such or even a drill,just touch the spot where you want it. Be easy this is plastic. Once you have made that dimple,fill in with red paint. Looks like a factory job and is now located where I think the factory should have placed it to begin with.
    [img]

[/img]

Thanks Scrounger for posting the pictures. The views show where the indicator is now located and you can also see that the safety has the knurled piece and is bigger.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Diana?

I have a Diana 52 side cocker. Are we talking about the same rifle?
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

4 fingermick---Yes we are talking the same rifle--Diana and RWS one in the same. Also Model 48 and model 52 one in the same,except the 52 has checkered stock and 48 is plain. The action is stamped 48/52.