Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: T/c bone collector trigger assembly removal

T/c bone collector trigger assembly removal

Hi every one, I'm Michael this is my first post. I got a t/c .50 cal bone collector weather shield that won't lock into battery unless I hold the trigger guard up and pull the trigger back. Some times it breaks a part and comes out of battery while I'm just walking with it. I'm pretty sure it's this nut (in the middle of picture) on the trigger assembly that needs adjusting?I've got the gun disassembled but can't get the trigger group out. But, I don't see how to get to the pins on the rest of the reciever. The manual says you should never have to take it out. But this is getting annoying. Tried you tubing it and Google but didn't have much luck basically just reiterated what manual said.
    Also on a side note I just ordered a Lee .452 255grn bullet mold, a Lee single stage press, and a Lee .452 bullet sizing die for it, and sabots from MMP.

Send it to T/C.

Deer season starts in 2 1/2 weeks I need it for the shotgun zone in mid-Michigan. I also like working on my guns ( except my CC pistol that gets done by a gun smith)I put it up last year and forgot the problem. It seems like one of those pads should come out of the stock. But, I've tried pulling on them gently and they don't act like they want to come out . I haven't even been able to find a schematic that shows how to take it out.

Have you tried the all mighty YouTube?

Yes, all I get is how to break it down to clean none of the the videos go into taking the trigger group out. Tried googling " how to take out triumph trigger group" " why isn't my triumph locking into battery" and a bunch in that combo. Maybe any buddy know some better key words to use in the search function

Perma-Banned
    looks like any pins to the action would be under the wings of the stock that come up to the visible pin hole. have you tried removin' the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    looks like any pins to the action would be under the wings of the stock that come up to the visible pin hole. have you tried removin' the stock?
    I have I didn't get to involved because it didn't seem like it wanted to move. I hit the metal part with the stock in my gun caddy with a plastic mallet but, didn't seem to want to move maybe I should try with my brass hammer and brass punches. I will try that when I get out of work. Maybe I'm not getting Mean enough with it.

Perma-Banned
    I'd think that under the grip-cap or the butt-plate there would be a bolt or screw to release the action from the stock.

Finally got it out. Took the grip cap screw off and nothing. Finally re tried taking the butt-plate off and Jack-pot!!! The screws on butt plate are small Phillips. Than you need to take out the styrophone in stock and finally way down in the stock you can see a 3/16 Allen cap screw. Luckily I have a long 3/16 Allen socket but, still had to use a extension. Learning experience

Since I had it apart I was able to figure why my trigger guard wasn't locking up. First picture the spring is supposed to be above that pin not below it. I bought the triumph used and have never broken it down this far so I have no idea how that happened. In the second picture: that nut has to be as far up as possible threaded pin. But, not so far up in cover the entire hole that the pin goes through. All in all its done just some minor cleaning to do. Thanks for the input and help. Maybe it will help somebody else

Boolit Mold
    Can u tell me where the big
    spring on the right goes, both ends, I'm struggling to get this thing back together, thanks

Boolit Mold
    Got asked to look for a new trigger guard for one of these. Couldn't find one anywhere so I 3-d printed it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triggerguard2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	322219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triggerguard1.jpg 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	322220

the trigger spring has a square bent end and a mostly straight leg. The square bend end goes up in the gun and the mostly straight leg is pressed into the gun by the trigger guard.

What filament did you use?
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

Boolit Mold
    PLA+ for now. I need to cold test it yet. I'm having a little trouble with the trigger spring on this one. The leg of the spring has too much left and right play which is causing the leg to dig into the part. Makes me think I'm reassembling something out of whack

Boolit Mold
    For anyone still following along or the random internet google search.

The trigger spring leg has to go against the pin that holds the "nut" assembly in. It's a bit of a bugger to get up there. The picture attached is with that nut assembly not put on the pin. If you are careful you can slip the pin out one side of the receiver opposite that spring leg. There is enough clearance to get the nut assembly in without having that spring leg slipping off the pin.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selection_017.jpg 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	322424

As for the cold testing I put the whole assembly in the freezer for a couple hours and dropped it on the workbench. No ill effects that I can see. For the 3D printer crowd I'm running at 35% infill to have a little "wiggle" in the part where it fits into the receiver. All I have to do now is some finishing work to make it not look like a 3D printed part.