WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: cooper firearms? what can you guys tell me about them?

Boolit Buddy

cooper firearms? what can you guys tell me about them?

im specificly interested in a model 38 single shot,
    they are chambered in the hornet, and fireball family cartridges.
    hello.

Boolit Master
    From Montana, Nice looking rifles, Gun writers usually praise them but I would too if some one sent me a free rifle and all they asked in return where me to advertise it to the masses disguised as a handloading or hunting article... I have seen some of them displayed in shops with "test targets" printing tiny groups but I have no first hand experience. I'm sure most cooper rifles can shoot better than I am capable of.

Boolit Lady
    A few years ago my father got talked into one of those in a bolt action single shot in 222. It's a reasonably well made gun. The fit of the stock to the metal is good for a production piece. Trigger was quite acceptable. Dad was more than a bit annoyed when my older & much used Sako heavy barrel in 222 out shot his new cooper.
    If nothing else, they are somewhat unique.
    Feminine protection by Smith & Wesson

Boolit Master
    I have a Cooper M57 in 22 Lr that shoots great with Federal bulk 550 packs from Walmart. I mounted a Sheppard scope made for the 22Lr and have shot it as far as 300 yards which is as far as my club has. I have shot a lot of soda cans at 300 yards with a lot of near misses with the Federal ammo. At 200 yards the cans have almost no chance.

Boolit Master

hard to go wrong with a cooper. they are well made, and they shoot! if a cooper doesnt shoot, they are one company that will take it back and make it shoot well enough to meet their guarantee.

Boolit Grand Master

Made in Stevensville, MT, Wilson barrels, test targets fired in their 50 yd tunnel.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    My 57M .22 LR will consistently shoot 5 shot 50 yard groups in the low .2's with Lapua Midas+ and will sometimes group in the .1's. I've never encountered a sporter weight .22 LR as accurate as this one.

A few years ago Cooper stopped offering some of the slower twist rates in several of their CF chamberings. Check their website to see what's available in the cartridges you are interested in. In .22 Hornet I prefer a 1:16 twist rate, especially with cast in lighter/shorter bullets.

TJ