RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Handloader number 62 August 1976

Boolit Master

Handloader number 62 August 1976

Does anybody have a copy of the Handloader 62 August 1976? Seagiant posted a cover of this issue in his thread about the Champion press.I would like to identify the point form and ejector that is featured on the cover being used on the Champion press. Thanks Troy
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Thanks. Might have to buy. Think the point die and ejector are early Corbin. Hope some one can verify and save the purchase price.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I'm admittedly not a swager, but I'm sure the handle is an ejector!

I looked at some U-Tube vids of CH4D swaging dies being used and it looked pretty neat!

I know the Dies are good to go from Dave as he is an excellent machinist!

I might even look into a set to swage 224 bullets on my new CH Champion for my AR-15!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

In the 1974 ABC's of Reloading, there is a chapter on swaging. There are a few pictures of the Champion press outfitted with the C-H swage dies and a C-H ejector. The ejector fits on top of the swage die and uses a cam attached to a lever to push out the bullet (rather than hitting it with a mallet.) The ejector is different than the one shown it the magazine above.

I have 44 swage dies from CH4d. I asked Dave about an ejector like I saw in the ABC's and he said he had a few in stock from long ago. He wasn't sure if they'd work with the newer dies though. I never got it or asked about a price. Swaging isn't something I saw myself doing a lot.

Boolit Buddy
    The device shown in the pic mounted on top of the press looks exactly like the Corbin swaging device I was looking at not more than an hour ago. It was in a small Corbin box with some assorted parts and a couple of bottles of lubricant. I know practically nothing about swaging so most of the stuff was foreign to me.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    To be honest, swaging looks like a slow painful process but....

I have friends that reload and think I'm weird for casting and sizing boolits???

Just sayin!

Boolit Buddy
    Adding to my post above and further showing my ignorance there was another part of the Corbin package that fit into the shell holder. We were trying this all out on another CH press. I have no desire in doing any swaging but it would be interesting to know how the process works.

Boolit Master
    Besser could you post a pic or two. Based on your input and what little i was able to find on the internet what i have is most likley a corbin point form die with the ejector. Id post some pics but home is a continent and 7 days away.
    Seagiant you have a "point" but with the money tied up in this venture it is worth trying to see if this is a worthy pursuit or not. Wont know till i try.
    Last edited by troyboy; 10-26-2015 at 06:15 PM.

I have an extra copy of Handloader 62, if you're interested. All it would cost would be $5.00 and the cost of postage.

With that said, the description of the cover says:

"The handloader on this month's cover has just ejected a newly made bullet from the Corbin bullet forming die. The bullet jacket as made in the Corbin jacket forming die from a .22 rimfire hull while the lead core was cast with the out of focus mold in the background. The dies are used in the heavy C-H Champion press. Regular readers will recall Rick Jamison reported on the surprisingly good performance of these bullets in the in the July-August 1975 Handloader. Photo by Rick and Linda Jamison."

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    Besser could you post a pic or two. Based on your input and what little i was able to find on the internet what i have is most likley a corbin point form die with the ejector. Id post some pics but home is a continent and 7 days away.
    Seagiant you have a "point" but with the money tied up in this venture it is worth trying to see if this is a worthy pursuit or not. Wont know till i try.
    Sure, I'll post a few later this week.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for that Reloader Fred that is the information I was looking for. Looks like the July-August 1975 is the issue with the needed information.

troyboy,

That would be Handloader 56. The article by Rick Jamison starts on page 30.

If you want to PM me your mailing address, I'll make a copy of the article and send it to you. I don't have an extra copy of that issue, but I do have a complete set of all the Handloader magazines from #1 to the present.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Thank you for you generous offer. Pm sent.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    As promised here's a pic of the Corbin whatchacallit.
    Attachment 152345

Boolit Master
    Thanks Beeser. I believe what I have is a corbin point form and ejector. That picture pretty much confirms my suspicion.

Troy,

Your magazine article should be arriving today. It went out in Saturday's mail.

Fred

Boolit Master

You can always get copies from handloader on cd's