WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22 LR ammo

Boolit Master

22 LR ammo

I found 22 LR Blazer ammo at my small gun shop in eastern WA for $2.55 / 50 rounds
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master

Not too bad a price now-a-days. Remember when it was 50 cents a box...ah, those were the days. A whole weekend of pinking fun for just a little pocket money.
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Buddy

Those $8 bricks were the good ole days!

Boolit Master
    Still can't find any 22lr ammo here. Used to get Blazers for $9.99 a brick.

In Remembrance

Partial box (45 ctgs.) of Remington .22 LR solids, recently made box, is currently $4.00 on an on-line auction.Robert

Boolit Master
    Winchester Super X in a white box 8.99 use to have a shelf full now I have 2 whit bricks and one silver.thoses were the days long past I think I gave 9.99 for thw silver brick.and how long has Service Merchendise been gone lol.I am still seeing bricks for 60 at the loacal gun shows.Along with 37 to 40 for primers.the good news is I found a source for primers fer 25.i have done my best not to give the high prices for 22lr,primers or powder.I hope it will help the gougers see they will set on the stuff.

Boolit Master

Good for you Mitch. People that take advantage like that for a buck are grave robbers and I will do without before paying those prices.
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Master

I got a bucket of 1400 Remington Goldens at the local Dunhams for $79, a bucket I bought years ago has a 59 dollar price tag on it, other to bad I guess, when I gave the bucket to my daughter and said, this should keep ya shooting for a while, her smile made it worth twice the price. It's the first bucket o bullets I've seen on store shelves at semi resonance prices in like 5 yearz.

Boolit Master
    I see enough 22 on shelves now that I am not sure how there is any gouging. The 2 wal marts near me now, they are always cleaned out. Small towns, so the same couple people still buying every round they get before it makes it to a shelf. But the LGS near me has been maintaining a decent selection of 22 for a while now. $2.50 a box for blazer seems to be the going price here, before the panic hit I was paying $1.99 at Dunhams, so the new normal. I see Midway has plenty in stock, seen every vender at the last gunshow had it. Tho they still seem to think they can have the prices up, then haul it home when nobody buys it.

Most of us remember $10 bricks of 22. I have a couple still, stuff I had put away, not like its bread and goes bad. Before the panic I had looked at what I had and figured maybe pile some more up. So was buying a brick or more a mo. Plus switched over to buying more target type(subsonic). So by the time it hit I really wasn't hurting for it. Even during the panic I could still manage to scrape a brick 100 at a time from the LGS, they never did any gouging. I haven't bought any in a bit, except I owed a friend $100 for a gun so bought him $100 worth of 22.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    I got a bucket of 1400 Remington Goldens at the local Dunhams for $79, a bucket I bought years ago has a 59 dollar price tag on it, other to bad I guess, when I gave the bucket to my daughter and said, this should keep ya shooting for a while, her smile made it worth twice the price. It's the first bucket o bullets I've seen on store shelves at semi resonance prices in like 5 yearz.

That on-line auction I keep referring to gets these same pails about twice a month. There is an auction going on now till Mon. night that has a pail listed. So far the price bid is $120.00!Robert

Boolit Master

Seems to me that .17 Rimfire has been available all through the last few years, but 22LR is still rarely available. Why would .17's remain so readily available all this time but no .22's?
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Seems to me that .17 Rimfire has been available all through the last few years, but 22LR is still rarely available. Why would .17's remain so readily available all this time but no .22's?
    Less demand.

Banned

id buy all you can. Its probably not going to be found cheaper in the future

Boolit Master
    I was in Cabelas last week and they had ( literally) a ton of 22 ammo. Winchester plastic 100 packs 9 + a box and bricks for $39.99. Those prices don't fit my pocket book, but if I was totally out of 22 shells I would probably succumb.

Boolit Master
    Bought some Federal Auto Match at Dick's for $21.34 out the door. That's a 325 round box. They had plenty. First large batch of 22lr I've seen in my area for years.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    There has been a lot of 22LR online for a few months now. This is what I watch :

http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=3
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Master

The trend seems to be High grade match ammo filling shelves first, then cheaper stuff follows dare I say the end of this stupidity is near.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    I bought a brick of stingers and a brick of yellow jackets at an estate sale. Both prolly around 20 years old. $125 for both bricks. I didn't need 22 ammo but how often does one see hyper velocity ammo?
    Life is so much better with dogs!

I've actually been doing well at my local Walmart. I'm also noticing that only "premium" ammo on Gunbroker, seems to be selling. Also, my perception is that in the last month the number of auctions for 22lr has gone down by about half.
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast