Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22 LR ammo

Boolit Master

I found about 70 live 22LR's in the brass bucket a few days ago, absolutely no idea why they had dumped it in there.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    I found about 70 live 22LR's in the brass bucket a few days ago, absolutely no idea why they had dumped it in there.
    Failure to fire, probably.

In Remembrance

Still don't see much around here in 22 ammo and ran across some Winchester silver box Super X, high velocity hollow points for $3.50 a box. I grabbed five boxes since the only places with standard velocity around here want $10/100 in a sandwich bag.

Moderator Emeritus

Three days ago I was in Bass Pro Shop in Garland Texas and happened to ask about 22 LR...salesperson said you bet ya....got a 1400 round tub of Remington for $75.00.....almost fainted.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    I found 22 LR Blazer ammo at my small gun shop in eastern WA for $2.55 / 50 rounds
    Did it set off anyone's allergies when you blew the dust off that NOS?

Weekend gun show one table had some boxes of 500 for $43 table across from them had a painted sign that said "Make a Reasonable Offer". They had a huge assortment of different brands and packages from 50 rnd boxes to buckets in many flavors one does not have 30 different packages of the same ammo and only a few of each unless one was sourcing it from lots of places. Sticker prices were $15 more than the guy with only 500 rnd boxes. Think I saw a gouger getting stuck.

Wal-Mart seldom has any but I did find a 333 rnd box for around $25 out the door with tax one time in the last 6-8 months.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Did it set off anyone's allergies when you blew the dust off that NOS?

Weekend gun show one table had some boxes of 500 for $43 table across from them had a painted sign that said "Make a Reasonable Offer". They had a huge assortment of different brands and packages from 50 rnd boxes to buckets in many flavors one does not have 30 different packages of the same ammo and only a few of each unless one was sourcing it from lots of places. Sticker prices were $15 more than the guy with only 500 rnd boxes. Think I saw a gouger getting stuck.

Wal-Mart seldom has any but I did find a 333 rnd box for around $25 out the door with tax one time in the last 6-8 months.
    Last week at Walmart I was checking out the ammo case and there was a clerk at the counter. She asked me if I wanted any .22 ammo, she said she found two packages of CCI std vel. in holiday boxes under the counter. I said I would take it, she only offered me one but it was really three boxes of 100 in one box. With tax it was less than $24.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    It is great to see some are finding 22lr at a decent price.I am still looking not a lot of luck.I like the sound of seeing CCI SV.i sure want to get the 52D out in the spring and have some decent priced practice ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    Visited Grices gun shop in Clearfield Pa today. Plenty of 22 LR on the shelf. Limit of 3 packages. I bought 3 packages of CCI that had 5 boxes of 100 in a package so ended up with 3 bricks. They also had buckets of Remington bullets, 1,400 rounds in a bucket, limit one bucket. Think a bucket was $99.

Boolit Master

The new Bass Pro shop here had a whole shelf of Remington LRN standard velocity, 500 for 27.00. I took one, may go back this week and get another. I have 2 kids so it will get used up.

Boolit Master
    My rosy red it's over. LGS advertised 500rds for $29.99. They 20+ miles away. Took 2+ hours to get them on the phone. Sales person said "NOPE. 300+ people stormed in the door and scarfed up all the 22 ammo. Scalpers are still out there. May they rot in hell. And no. Just looking for 1 box, not 10. May they all rot in hell..........................

P.S. NEO. Home of the democrats and land of the (stupid)rednecks...............
    Been paddlin' upstream all my life, don't see no reason to turn around now.

Boolit Buddy
    Visited a Field & Stream store today off of 70. All the Remington Golden bullets you wanted to buy, no limit, buckets of 1,400. While we were there a manager placed a sign on a couple of pallets indicating a $20 off price that lowered it to $79. That made the price $2.82 per box of 50. While I was there didn't see anyone buy a single bucket.

Still no 22lr available around here except for the "cheap" foreign stuff that they want premium prices for.
    Walmart has nothing on the shelves and hasn't for a few years now. When I go to visit my daughter I can usually find some at a store up there so I stock up. My 22s need to be fed the same as my 38s.

Lots of low end .22 on tbe shelves around Houston. Boxes and boxes and boxes of the .17WSM, but not a single box of .17 HM2 in well over 2 years. Lots of promises from Hornady but no ammo. Bastirds

p.s. I have never bought anything firearms related from a scalp....er...reseller and I never will.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    id buy all you can. Its probably not going to be found cheaper in the future
    I'm a little goosey about this time next year.

Boolit Master
    I've found walmart here is finally starting to get bricks back in stock. Not a huge amount but I've managed to pick up a few of the winchester 555 packs and CCI 100 packs. 19.99 seems to be the new price for bricks around here, about what I expected after the supply dried up.

@Markbo I see you are in the metromess we call Houston too! I'm over near the Katy side a bit away from you, but I can keep an eye out if you need anything.

Thanks Derek. I would like some HM2. Im all good on .22
    If you get a lead on HM2 email or PM me and I will jump

Boolit Bub

Was at my local gun show this past weekend and found bricks of 500 22lr for $45-$50.00, still to high for me but seems to be improving for now.
    _ROGER THAT_

Depends entirely what ammo it was. Cheap plinking ammo = a terrible deal. Some good (not great) match ammo like wolf match target = pretty good deal. Context means everything.

Got some Winchester Super X subsonic TC HP today $54 per Brick counting tax
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by AK Caster View Post
    Visited Grices gun shop in Clearfield Pa today. Plenty of 22 LR on the shelf. Limit of 3 packages. I bought 3 packages of CCI that had 5 boxes of 100 in a package so ended up with 3 bricks. They also had buckets of Remington bullets, 1,400 rounds in a bucket, limit one bucket. Think a bucket was $99.
    I was at Grice over the weekend and the 22 prices are coming down. For bricks of Federal 22, they were 19.99 I believe and CCI Std Vel I think was going for 29.99 for a 500 rd brick. I did not see any limits on it and people were not paying much attention to it. The ammo resellers may get stuck with the overpriced stuff they were trying to push.